ClubAdventist is back!

What does St. Valentines Day mean to U ?

Woody

• Administrators

As far as people who really get into it for Valentine's Day, I'd have to nominate Jerry Rogers.

I wonder if Jerry still gets into valentines day ... being an old married man and all bwink

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

Yeah, I don't know. I haven't heard from him in ages.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Yes- I guess that he's busy being married!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

WOODY

WELL since i got divorced VALENTINES DAY is not really

that important to me any more

dgrimm60

Ouch! Hope you are OK about that, Doug.

St. Valentine's Day was a more of a big deal when it was just grade school. Initially kids would give cards to the other kids they liked, which means there were many kids that were left out. I didn't particularly like that and being the little hellion that I was I decided to send anonymous unsigned cards to the more popular kids along with a snotty message ("you stink" "do something about that gap in your teeth", etc.). I also sent cards with my name on them to other kids including the less liked to cover my trail. It pretty much caused an uproar in class as people tried to figure out where the anonymous cards came from. As a result, the following year the homeroom teacher told us to send cards to everyone in class, so I guess it kind of paid off.

The only thing I like about Valentine's Day as a grown up is the 50% off on candy. Funny enough when I was little I thought one of the cool things about growing up was being able to eat all the candy I want. Nobody mentioned bleeding diabetes and obesity!