ClubAdventist is back!

Birth Control, Abortion & Religious Liberty

Oh, you are worse than that, Nic...You give to those who would restrict and oppress, power....You support restricting choices and morality...I am sorry that you are actually much worse than those who you feel are trying to restrict your views.

No one is being restricted,only told to purchase it for themselves.

They can be trusted only as long as someone else pays for it.If not they must become some kind of victim.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Shane

• Nic Samojluk

• Neil D

• bonnie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you dont want me to get "sucked into an abortion debate" with Nic, but at the same time, I am having to repsond repeatedly to the same argument with you...

Religious liberty. That is the subject in this thread. I don't agree with Nick on abortion so even if we were discussing the morality of it, you wouldn't be responding to the same argument from me.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Shane wrote:

“Religious liberty. That is the subject in this thread. I don't agree with Nick on abortion so even if we were discussing the morality of it, you wouldn't be responding to the same argument from me.”

Thank you for removing the inappropriate language from your posting. I forgive you for insulting me with language which does not belong in a civil discourse; nevertheless, for your own peace, remember that public sins must be apologized for publicly. I deserve a public apology from you, but it up to you whether you want to make peace with your own conscience.

I will be removing myself from this thread until you make things right.I believe that personal attacks are inappropriate in a serious forum like this one. Disagrements must stay within limita and arguments must be rspond with facts and counter arguments instead of personal attacks. When bloggers resort to personal attacks, it is a sign that they are on the loosing side.

I agree with you that the case against Catholics is based on religious liberty. The government has no business requiring Catholics institutions to violate their conscience. In this, I am with Beck who said: “Today we are all Catholic.” But, regarding the title of this thread, I still believe that you were wrong in including the word “abortion” in it and then reprimand us for mentioning the word abortion in our discussion. For Catholics, the morning after pill is equivalent to abortion. If you ask any English teacher, he/she will tell you that I am right on this.

We can look at this another way.

Let's say the Jehovah Witnesses have an organization like the Watch Tower which has a publishing house. That publishing house employees some people that are not Jehovah Witnesses. Being that Jehovah Witnesses do not believe in blood transfusions, should they have to provide health-care insurance that covers blood transfusions?

Of course there are a couple of big differences.

1. Blood transfusions are often a matter of life and death and birth control isn't... at least not for the person taking the birth control.

2. Blood transfusions are expensive and birth control is quite affordable.

However in regard to religious liberty, those two points are not all that important. The government shouldn't be able to force a religious organization like the Jehovah Witnesses to provide health-care coverage for something they believe is immoral.

There is a simple solution. While the Jehovah Witnesses church should not have to provide such coverage, they should be required to direct employees desiring such coverage to a supplemental insurance that will provide the lacking coverage. That way non-Jehovah Witness employees can get the coverage while not forcing the religious organization to violate its stated beliefs.

Employers, if they are responsible for their employees' health care, ought to allow the employees to exercise their own consciences, not decide for them.

End of story.....Bingo!

Originally Posted By: Bravus
Employers, if they are responsible for their employees' health care, ought to allow the employees to exercise their own consciences, not decide for them.

End of story.....Bingo!

Directing employees to where they can get supplemental insurance to cover such things will accomplish that. It preserves both the employer's and employee's religious liberty.