ClubAdventist is back!

15 Differences Between Democrats and Republicans

I respect you ideas

but not the lies about the 'other' side. Stick with your ideas and all is well.

bwink

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

So only one side lies?? I for one don't accept that. The only thing that does not lie is the Bible.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

So only one side lies?? I for one don't accept that. The only thing that does not lie is the Bible.

This reminds me of a sand box argument between little children.

It goes something like this:

"You do this .... -

Yeah - but YOU do THIS ...."

"Na na na na na na"

That ain't gonna accomplish nothin'.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I can't believe you actually said that. What your basically saying is that one side lies and the other doesn't!! At least that's what I'm reading here. That doesn't fly. This has nothing to do with little children, besides there more honest than us adults. So why don't you name the liars than? Miss information I can except, and again that's something both sides of any issue do, but liars! No way. Sorry on this we will have to disagree.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Hmm. I tend not to call ideas different from my own 'filth'. Just a little foible I have.

As I have said before several times, those with the weakest position turn to that. No one should be afraid to investigate truth.

Only 2% of strongly committed political party folks ever read a book by the 'other side"

Politics do not define how I think, I am neither Conservative or Liberal, I am an Adventist.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Okay. We might have to do that. No problem. But I would challenge you to find one characterization of the Republicans on this thread that is not a lie. I don't recall who the author of this link was - so I don't mean the accusation of lies to be personal. But, I can't possibly believe that is was anything other than lies. Can you name one that is truth?

This outlines a danger that those in this forum frequently forget - and that is it is not usually very wise to try to characterize the opponents beliefs. When you put their belief in your own words - they usually turn to lies. Probably best to use quotes and references rather than lies.

I believe in Hematology.

Liberals/Progressives typically consider anyone to the right of them as conservative and conservatives typically perceive anyone to the left of themselves as being liberal. A good example...

A good example is me. Some here call me a liberal. Others call me a conservative. Well, truth be known... I am to the left of some and to the right of others.

I think we have a pretty good mix on this forum. Let's keep treating each other with mutual respect. This post seems to start out with the poke spirit which is OK but let's try to keep the spirit light when we are poking each other.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Originally Posted By: Stan
Politics do not define how I think, I am neither Conservative or Liberal, I am an Adventist.

thumbsup

thumbsupthumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Quote:
But I would challenge you to find one characterization of the Republicans on this thread that is not a lie.

OK, I'll post just the comments about Republicans from the link here:

Republicans fear that the government has too much control over corporations.

Republicans believe it benefits all of us to help the wealthiest and most powerful among us. (trickle down)

Republicans believe large corporations will always do what is best for the American people if the government stays out of the way.

Republicans believe everyone is entitled to jack squat if they can’t pay for health care.

Republicans believe too much of our money goes to teachers who make $30,000 a year.

Republicans believe anything that helps the American people during a recession or a time of crisis is the true essence of communism.

Republicans believe that standards for clean air and water are burdensome over-regulation.

Republicans believe that Congress should do nothing to create jobs and then blame the President.

Republicans believe that making corporations clean up their pollution is burdensome over-regulation.

Republicans believe our health care system exists solely for the purpose of making a healthy profit.

Republicans believe corporations are the people.

Republicans believe the middle class has too much influence over Congress due to their voting and paying taxes.

Republicans believe we need to protect large corporations from lawsuits by Americans who’ve been victimized by them.

Republicans believe that the rich should be allowed to keep all their wealth, except for the millions in campaign contributions they give to politicians.

Republicans believe that money and corruption in politics are the American way of life.

I've used a colour coding system: red is for the ones I think are lies or unfair. Blue is for ones that, although perhaps not stated as they would state them, I think are ideas that most Republicans here would be proud to stand for, and frequently do. The ones that remain black I think are kind of neutral (but I'm least confident about those).

Are you Republican supporters willing to check my perceptions on that? Check the blue ones, and see whether you really disagree with them.

And if you don't, Woody's claim that not one can be found that is not a lie is disproved...

Truth is important

Like I say - it is probably best not for you to be characterizing what a Republican believes. And your cut and paste method is far from fair. But even with this approach one has to wade through the lies.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Oh, I only did it that way because your comment was about the claims about Republicans and I wanted to make it as clear and simple as possible. I'm totally happy to reinstate the other sentences if you'd prefer.

And I'm *not* 'characterizing what a Republican believes', I'm asking.

So you disagree with the statements in blue?

Truth is important

Republicans fear that the government has too much control over corporations.

Conservatives know that government is taking to much control over personal life and that of corp

LIE

Republicans believe it benefits all of us to help the wealthiest and most powerful among us. (trickle down)

The government should not Help any business.It should keep out of the way as far as possible.Let those that can succeed do so without envy and punshisment,and those that fail,let them fail

Trickle down? Without the wealthy contractors my husband worked for and the money they made trickling down to allow him to run a successful business,he would not have succeeded.

The wealth of the contractor was immaterial as far as what my husband charged.The contractor owed him nothing except the promised amount

LIE

Republicans believe large corporations will always do what is best for the American people if the government stays out of the way.

Conservatives want common sense laws enforced.No one believe that all in business are honest

LIE

Republicans believe everyone is entitled to jack squat if they can’t pay for health care.

Conservatives want people to take some personal responsibility for their own health care.Birth control is a current case in point.Suddenly the "poor women" have become victims again because someone won't pay for it.

LIE

Republicans believe too much of our money goes to teachers who make $30,000 a year.

Conservatives want teachers to do what we all have to do.Contribute at least a little more to their own health care costs and pensions.Very few careers give as many days off as well as the summer break.

LIE

Republicans believe anything that helps the American people during a recession or a time of crisis is the true essence of communism.

Conservatives believe that before living off the taxpayers you do as mcuh as possible to help yourself.If that requires cutting back on unnecessary expenses and working at a job below your pay grade,you do it.Those providing you with welfare have to do that in order for you to get your check.

If one job isn't enough,to bad,take a second job,just as millions of us have done to sustain the welfare recipient.

LIE

Republicans believe that standards for clean air and water are burdensome over-regulation.

Conservatives live and breath the same air and water as Liberals. The over regulation is the key word,not that there should not be any standards at all

LIE

Republicans believe that Congress should do nothing to create jobs and then blame the President.

Congress cannot create sustainable jobs. Nor can Obama.They can stop the regulations that prohibit businesses from hiring.

LIE

Republicans believe that making corporations clean up their pollution is burdensome over-regulation.

LIE

Republicans believe our health care system exists solely for the purpose of making a healthy profit.

A little more personal responsibility is like swearing at someone.

Republicans believe corporations are the people.

CORP are made up of individuals

LIE

Republicans believe the middle class has too much influence over Congress due to their voting and paying taxes.

Obama is the one that is decimating the middle class.They will carry the burden for his "tax the rich"

LIE

Republicans believe we need to protect large corporations from lawsuits by Americans who’ve been victimized by them.

Washington creates victims then searches for those that will step into that role.Frivilous lawsuits are the issue

Case in point.A young couple I knew lost their infant daughter in a car accident.High on drugs and running a stop light the car seat didn't hold. It was not buckled in correctly. Parents won a hefty amount.Wonder how they sleep at night

LIE

Republicans believe that the rich should be allowed to keep all their wealth, except for the millions in campaign contributions they give to politicians.

Conservatives don't like the new Obama government religion,where he determines your christian duty.They would like to see Liberals give as much of their out of pocket personal wealth as they do to helping others instead of putting it in the hands of government.

LIE

Republicans believe that money and corruption in politics are the American way of life.

It is but that is not to say any conservative believes that is the way it should be.What are the Liberals doing BTW to clean up corruption in their own ranks?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Wow Bonnie -

There seems to be a lot of lies.

One would have to work hard to find any truth in this link.

As I have mentioned - just as it is here on this forum - it is probably not best to try to describe what someone else believes unless you are quoting them.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Nonetheless, Bonnie agreed with one of the points, which meets your challenge to find one that was not a lie.

Your unwillingness to be up front about which ones you agree with strongly suggests that there are some but you're unwilling to acknowledge that your claim has been falsified.

Own your own beliefs, my friend.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Incidentally, my posting of that link *does not* mean that it's what I think (as the fact that I was willing and able to identify several points as lies demonstrates).

This is a discussion forum, and I posted it as a stimulus for discussion.

Truth is important

IF there was one ounce of truth amidst 10 pounds of lies still does not make this link palateable. It remains partisan garbage.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators