ClubAdventist is back!

Sweden moving towards cashless economy

Dr. Shane

Sweden moving towards cashless economy

Quote:
Sweden was the first European country to introduce bank notes in 1661. Now it's come farther than most on the path toward getting rid of them...

In most Swedish cities, public buses don't accept cash; tickets are prepaid or purchased with a cell phone text message. A small but growing number of businesses only take cards, and some bank offices — which make money on electronic transactions — have stopped handling cash altogether...

The decline of cash is noticeable even in houses of worship, like the Carl Gustaf Church in Karlshamn, southern Sweden, where Vicar Johan Tyrberg recently installed a card reader to make it easier for worshippers to make offerings.

"People came up to me several times and said they didn't have cash but would still like to donate money," Tyrberg says.

Bills and coins represent only 3 percent of Sweden's economy, compared to an average of 9 percent in the eurozone and 7 percent in the U.S., according to the Bank for International Settlements, an umbrella organization for the world's central banks.

It would be a lot easier for the government to control who can buy and sell if there was no cash flowing through the economy.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

The more places that accept plastic the better - I just rack up more travel miles.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

It would be a lot easier for the government to control who can buy and sell if there was no cash flowing through the economy.

Can't say we haven't been warned. Some third world regions have bypassed currency altogether, banking by cell phone instead.

The more places that accept plastic the better - I just rack up more travel miles.

Debit cards = good

Credit cards = wicked and evil tools of the devil used to take advantage of the poor, elderly, naive and desperate.

We can easily see how these will allow the government to control the individual's ability to purchase goods and services.

• Moderators

Using an electronic means to buy or sell is essentially asking for permission every time you want to spend your money. Generally, the the main reason why permission is not granted is that you don't have enough money. In the future permission can be denied for all kinds of reasons. Most Adventists know a big one.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Yes. But God will do things in HIS timing and not ours. This is one lesson I am learning.

And in the meantime - I like the air miles I get by the use of plastic.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

In the future permission can be denied for all kinds of reasons. Most Adventists know a big one.

If our all money is electronic, the government can also confiscate it much easier. We can't bury electronic funds in our back yard in a coffee can or stash it under our mattress.

• Administrators

Using an electronic means to buy or sell is essentially asking for permission every time you want to spend your money. Generally, the the main reason why permission is not granted is that you don't have enough money. In the future permission can be denied for all kinds of reasons. Most Adventists know a big one.

:like:

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God