ClubAdventist is back!

World War III -- some say it is about to happen

BobRyan

What is your view?

Are they right to claim that the Iranian - China connection is "the target" of some kind of big world-war III plan?

I prefer to stick with the "Angels holding back the 4 winds of strife" model.

Your thoughts?

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Something got to give very soon, so this is a possibility. The holding back of the four winds till the 144k are sealed are going on right now, but the sealing may take place at anytime, between now and 2016's Spring Equinox.

• Members

What is your view?

Are they right to claim that the Iranian - China connection is "the target" of some kind of big world-war III plan?

I prefer to stick with the "Angels holding back the 4 winds of strife" model.

Your thoughts?

in Christ,

Bob

I don't see that, I'm with you, I'll go with the Bible.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I think I have been hearing about that since 1973 when I was old enough to understand the english language. If it happens it happens if it doesn't then that much better.

• Administrators

EC I understand what you are saying. As a young chile living in a remote location I wanted nothing more than to go to school; be with other children. Then hearing at church about the strong probability of WW111 I was so fearful that it would happen before I could go to school. I remember many times walking in the yard and crying for what I would miss....

It will one day come, I do believe that Jesus will return. Until then, I believe we should continue to live, love, build work and seek knowledge

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

Something got to give very soon, so this is a possibility. The holding back of the four winds till the 144k are sealed are going on right now, but the sealing may take place at anytime, between now and 2016's Spring Equinox.

2016's Spring Equinox????

adoh

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Yes, 2016. Revelation was not given to the bondservants to be a fuzzy and warm devotion, it is all about time--time of the end. It's about what, why, when, how and who is involved in the events. Nope, God did not make His months (new moons) go evenly into His year (Spring Equinox to the beginning of the next Spring Equinox) for a reason--so that those of us who have special "insight" (see Dan. 12:3 and 10) who are the bond servants of Jesus Christ, will know and understand not only the year, but the day and hour Jesus will come. If you want to know, then pray for this understanding. IF not, then that is your own choice.

IF not, then that is your own choice.
Well, I've chosen not to fall for the last hundred end-of-the-world predictions that were made during my lifetime. I'll be interested to hear your explanation after 2016.

Anyway, I'm with EC and Naomi. If it happens, it happens, but there's no use speculating and panicking.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

If you two are still having that debate in 2016 -- then this latest WWIII tempest stirred up last year for the next few years - did not play out as they expected and at least to that extent -- all is well...

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

The question came up this morning in Sabbath School. I hear about the terrible things that seem to be escalating. They make me afraid. But almost immediately, I remember that my life is in Jesus' hands, and whatever happens, I can trust him. If the "end of time" comes sooner, then that is how much sooner my Saviour will come to take me Home!

• Moderators

Iran and China are far from natural bedfellows - an atheist government and a theocracy. While their interests may align for the time, they are not a stable alliance.

If American can refrain from starting any more wars for a while we might be OK...

Truth is important

• Moderators

If American can refrain from starting any more wars for a while we might be OK...

:like:

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass... Matt 24:6

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:

It will one day come, I do believe that Jesus will return. Until then, I believe we should continue to live, love, build work and seek knowledge

:like:

“A nobleman went to a distant country to receive a kingdom for himself, and then return. And he called ten of his slaves, and gave them ten minas and said to them, ‘Do business with this until I come back." Luke 19:12,13 NASB

When that is coupled with this below...

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."Mark 16:15 NASB

"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come."Matthew 24:13 NASB

...all the bases are pretty well covered.

Lift Jesus up!!

Yes, 2016. Revelation was not given to the bondservants to be a fuzzy and warm devotion, it is all about time--time of the end. It's about what, why, when, how and who is involved in the events. Nope, God did not make His months (new moons) go evenly into His year (Spring Equinox to the beginning of the next Spring Equinox) for a reason--so that those of us who have special "insight" (see Dan. 12:3 and 10) who are the bond servants of Jesus Christ, will know and understand not only the year, but the day and hour Jesus will come. If you want to know, then pray for this understanding. IF not, then that is your own choice.

"“Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be."Matthew 24:32-39 NASB

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
If the "end of time" comes sooner, then that is how much sooner my Saviour will come to take me Home!

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”"Luke 21:28 NASB

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Lifehiscost, first, the gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven has not yet been preached to all of the world as this is not the same gospel as the gospel of Jesus Christ that Paul preached. They are not one and the same.

Second, is that the Father has now told His Son about the day and the hour as testified by the first verse in Revelation. In fact, Revelation is all about what the Father told His Son and now the Son is sharing this same information with His bond servants. He is not sharing this information with the wicked because they can't understand anyway. (Dan. 12:10)

And third, many who say they believe in Jesus will actually be thrown in the lake of fire because they are beliving lies instead of the clear gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven that Jesus taught.

Quote:
And third, many who say they believe in Jesus will actually be thrown in the lake of fire because they are beliving lies instead of the clear gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven that Jesus taught.

I don't dispute the text as it is very clear. (Dan 12:10) However I've found that those who are striving to aid as many as they can by personal effort and encouragement, to open their hearts to Jesus before time runs out, are far more likely to enter into the Kingdom than those who spend much of their time attempting to designate who are the ones who have no chance to avoid the fires of hell.

"The Sovereign LORD has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will." Isaiah 50:4 NLT

"Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God." 1 Corinthians 4:5 NKJV

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Really? If you believe that this statment is true then waiting to find out may be fatal to your soul. When Jesus comes it will be too late for making any choice--at all! This verse is very deceiving and is causing many to give up their search for truth in a mistaken belief that God will cure their false belief. The 7th warning to the KOH as found in Rev. 3 is a dire warning about this very same thing. And BTW, 1Cor. 4:5 is a key text to understand the truth regarding Rev. 2:2.

Quote:
Really?

"For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day."2 Timothy 1:12 KJV

"...for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."Philippians 1:5-7

NLT

The promise is no less true for you than it is for me. If your faith is in what He can do through you, you can be sure you will not lose your reward. However if you have a bitter spirit

motivating you, you can be sure it is not of the Lord.

"For it is by free grace (God's unmerited favor) that you are saved ( delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through faith. And this is not of yourselves , but it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.Eph 2:8,9 AMP, KJV

Parenthesis their's LHC

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

As I said before, waiting till Jesus comes to know tha real truth and practice it just may be too late. Phil. 1:5-7 is also wrong as Revelation points out that after the first 37 months, no one can make a choice to be saved. Check it out in Revelation. Poor Paul did not have this correct because he must not have gotten what he said from the One who gave it to John to write it down to read. And probation is also up for the five foolish virgins even before the time of trouble starts. So to think that Jesus will cure a believed lie by downloading the truth just before He comes is very foolish. All we need to know for salvation can be found in the words of Jesus given to us by His eyewitnesses. All we need to know about end time events was also given to the Bond Servants to understand and that is called the book of Revelation.

Quote:
Poor Paul did not have this correct because he must not have gotten what he said from the One who gave it to John to write it down to read

"And the man said, The woman whom Thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat."

Genesis 3:12 KJV

Maybe we should blame God for allowing Paul to be so prominent in His Word.

"...for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth."1 Timothy 2:7 NKJV

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
Poor Paul did not have this correct because he must not have gotten what he said from the One who gave it to John to write it down to read

"And the man said, The woman whom Thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat."

Genesis 3:12 KJV

Maybe we should blame God for allowing Paul to be so prominent in His Word.

"...for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth."1 Timothy 2:7 NKJV

God blesses! peace

LH, we were talking about the end, not the beginning, so the "37 months" start at the time of trouble (end time of trouble) which is for 42 months, meaning that during the last 5 months (new moons) no one will be able to become converted, as those who are righteous will remain rightous and those who are wicked will remain wicked.

So I am sorry LH, as I just assumed you had read the book of Revelation and that we were talking about end times.

And who but Paul himself testifies that God appointd him to do anything? Would you believe me if I told you that God appointed me to be an apostle? I hope not! Well, the same rule applies to all of those who called themselves apostles. There can only be 12 true apostles and Paul was not one of them. Read Revelation's take on those 12 true apostles.

Also when Paul wrote that someone must have thought he was a liar and called him a liar because of of his comeback. Whom do you suppose that was? It was probably the true apostles and the disciples of Jesus. Or, it could have been those who put him to a test and found him to be false as we see in Rev. 2:2 and 2Tim 1:15 and Acts 21.

Regardless, it should be clear to most here that the time of trouble must be within the next ten years, so having a war with Iran could easily happen.

Quote:
Regardless, it should be clear to most here that the time of trouble must be within the next ten years, so having a war with Iran could easily happen.

I'm assuming by your comments you have little or no trust in the Adventist position that they have the gift of the Spirit of Prophecy as manifested through the ministry of Ellen Harmon White.

Adventists learned early on, as a body of believers, the clear truth that it was never inappropriate to admit, "I could be wrong", a wise position for all past and present day prognosticators.

We each are saved by Jesus correct understanding of our Father's will. What do you make of His Word?

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.

and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be."

Matthew 24:35-37,39 NASB Bold emphasis mine LHC

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Rev. 1:1 shows us that the Father has now told His Son the day and hour that Jesus will return to the earth. But this information will only be shared with the bondservants of Jesus Christ, the 144K.

Rev. 2:18-26 shows us a warning for believing in the teachings of a woman that to me is clearly a prophecy about EGW. IF I am right, then should not we go back to the words of Jesus ONLY for learning real truth? I have been an Adventist over 58 years and have read about everything she has written. I have found many problems and that has caused me to trust only in Jesus. You can do what you want as each must make up their own mind ab0ut these things.

And you are right--I found out I was wrong about many things and have now taken off those dark glasses. Soon we shall see the real truth, but sadly, it may be too late for many Adventists who can't get the taste of EGW's words out of their mouth to eat the food being provided by the ONE person found in Matt. 24:45. I find this very sad.

When Iraq stoped selling oil in US dollars in 2000, two years later they were invaded. Iran have stoped trading in US dollars and due to the Israel threat, I think they will atack Iran.

When Iran is atacked the price of oil will go up 100% and then food prices the same. When 40% of income is spent on food there is typicaly an uprising, so there will be riots in the streets. Then a national emergency will be declared and the NDAA and NDRP Acts will be enacted. Since all currencies are backed by the US dollar all currencies will collapse when this emergency is declared. 70% of US economy is from consumption.

The new currency will be digital, and all information will be on a microchip which will be the mark of the beast. (no one can buy or sell without the mark of the beast)

We will be persecuted due to non cooperation, and fines of up to $1000 a day will be fined and also imprisonment due to the NDAA (imprisonment for non cooperation with FEMA)Theres alot more but you get the gist.

LUKE 21: 7-17