ClubAdventist is back!

What do U think of the Saggy Pants Law?

Woody

Well for good or bad - the laws are starting to spread across the land.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Workplace should be determined by the employer. Otherwise as silly as they look let's stop with the laws already.

My sons would not have worn them but that is in our house

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

Yeah, while I hate the low pants look, I hate laws controlling the random things I hate even more.

There oughtta be a law against them laws!

Truth is important

Originally Posted By: Woody

Workplace should be determined by the employer. Otherwise as silly as they look let's stop with the laws already.

My sons would not have worn them but that is in our house

Yes Bonnie. I am in favor of the workplace hiring whom they please and have them dress as they deem appropriate.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I agree, its sad to see people walking around with the underwear showing. Even though this might be a good law, but again, its just telling us how to look, dress and eventually they will tell us how to worship!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Why don't they just mandate a school uniform and be done with it? It's obvious that students are too immature to make the decision to be decent enough themselves. So, mandate a uniform--tucked in shirts, belts, skirts below the knee with appropriate undergarments.

Why don't they just mandate a school uniform and be done with it? It's obvious that students are too immature to make the decision to be decent enough themselves. So, mandate a uniform--tucked in shirts, belts, skirts below the knee with appropriate undergarments.

I think uniforms in a private school would be a good thing.Public schools would never be allowed to have that

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

I think they've tried that at one point, but it didn't work and I believe Bonnie is correct, not sure you can do that either in Public Schools, until now, maybe!

phkrause

• Moderators

Many public schools in my area have uniforms.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: cricket

I think they've tried that at one point, but it didn't work and I believe Bonnie is correct, not sure you can do that either in Public Schools, until now, maybe!

There are some public schools that do require uniforms; at least in the midwest.

I agree that laws that tell us how to dress are not something I would be in favor of having passed.

Our police officers say they like the saggy pants ... there is usually one who will try to run, they can't run as fast with their pants down so low. :)

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

Now that's interesting Lazarus. I had not know this. My borther who lives in Maryland also, had three daughters that went through the public school system, and I'm pretty sure they didn't have to wear any kind of uniforms. Thanks for the info. Next time I talk with my brother I'll ask him to make sure that was the case.

phkrause

• Moderators

Our girls were in a uniform and a non-uniform school in Canada, then in a uniform school when they got back to Australia, and preferred to wear a uniform: less fashion pressure and cliquishness based on designer labels.

This may be somewhat off topic for the thread... bwink

And Naomi, gotta love that mental image of the 'cool' young guy waddling away from the cops as fast as he can, hobbled by his own pants!

Truth is important

• Members

Our police officers say they like the saggy pants ... there is usually one who will try to run, they can't run as fast with their pants down so low. :)

I was gonna mention that too. I also remember seeing that in some show, and the cop thanking the perp for wearing those trousers.

phkrause

• Administrators

And Naomi, gotta love that mental image of the 'cool' young guy waddling away from the cops as fast as he can, hobbled by his own pants!

Bravus it is pretty funny. I have watched a couple of videos when that was happening. One actually had them slip down so far that he got tangled up and fell and was struggling to get away. Not so cool. LOL

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Yeah, while I hate the low pants look, I hate laws controlling the random things I hate even more.

Ditto

I support this. When I was on the local school board - I tried to get a uniform rule passed. But no luck.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Bravus

Ditto

Double Ditto

I believe in Hematology.

I prefer self-government, but when people are too slow-witted to figure it out for themselves, they need a little help. Pull them trousers up, me lad and walk aright.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Our county school board has set a dress code, not a uniform, but restrictions on what the students are allowed to wear. One of the things is a hooded jacket or sweatshirt, which makes it difficult to find a winter jacket. We live in a relatively conservative county, so I don't think there is much objection to a dress code.

I think that if the students are required to wear a uniform, there would be less money spent on trying to keep up with the style, as well as less laundry to wash. Girls, especially, will try on an outfit, decide not to wear it, and throw the clothes into the hamper. I have read, in the past, that schools that have uniforms, as well as stricter behavior codes, produce students who do better and get better grades.

A law for the state? That is going too far.

Excellent Dottie

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Interesting: not what I would have guessed: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00220679809597575

Hmm, interesting counterpoint: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00220670309597509

And counter-counter-point: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00220670309597510

I love using these literature debates in my research methods class, because they lay bear the ribs of the research, perhaps even more that their focus issue.

Truth is important

The big benefit I see for uniforms is that it prepares them for the work place where they will have dress codes to abide by.

I believe in Hematology.