ClubAdventist is back!

Inside the Koran

tribeofjudah

Wow, NatGeo has a special on this topic....very interesting.

I'm kinda confused. This is a very conflicted religion, imo

According to Islam scholars interviewed, the Koran is like a grocery store....you can "buy" whatever you like. Meaning, if you want peace, buy it; if you want war, buy it.

Koran verses give women equal rights, while others show that men rule women.

Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad are all prophets. According to Koran, Jews and Christians are Gods people, along with Muslims.

In Eygpt, teen girls are circumcised. The Bible says: beware of the mutilation....ahh, the mutilation (circumcision cannot save you). Not sure if this practice is throughout Islam.

Both conservatives and extremists can find their support in the Koran.

I discovered that ancient believers once bowed toward Jerusalem UNTIL the Koran instructed them to bow towards Mecca.

Islam contributed greatly to Geometry, Astronomy, medicine, and other subjects.

Instead of destroying the lands they conquered, the warriors from the desert kept structures and buildings and simply added to it.

They are descendants of Ishmael, the son of Abraham, according to the Bible. Ishmael will be in the heavenly Kingdom.

Shia (minority) and Sunni divide are like.......the Christians and Catholics divide.

Interesting how Catholics have prayer beads and Muslims have prayer beads too.

The Muslim chanting and rocking back/forth is strange and creepy to me. Jews do this kind of thing too.

I know, I know........I have rambled on and on here. But this was an educational topic for me.

What say you...???

• Members

Not sure what to think, not having actually seen the program myself. I think watching would give a better prospective than just reading what some writes.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Have you ever actually studied the Qur'an?

You're right that Islam is a very conflicted religion, but not much more than Christianity has been over the centuries.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Y_AybR5iE

Just a follow up....you can watch it here.

Good, helpful video. Thanks.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Have you ever actually studied the Qur'an?

You're right that Islam is a very conflicted religion, but not much more than Christianity has been over the centuries.

I have not studied it by am interested in learning more.

I understand Christianity and I understand that it does see "conflicted" to those who don't believe or understand Jesus and the Bible.

The "extremist" Christians don't come close to "extremist" Muslims......IMO (the Crusade in the Dark Ages were very bad)