ClubAdventist is back!

Woofing

mac

I started a new topic, but it's actualy related to this one: http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/543062/1/Moving_to_a_warmer_location.html

Anyway, long story short - I am looking a work for food kind of deal in some warm and humid area where I could take my sick wife. She needs rest and sun.

Does anyone know about woofing?

http://www.wwoof.org/

It sounds exactly what we are looking for.

There are hundreds of farms but it would be nice to find some SDA's so we would have no problems with keeping the Sabbath.

If you know SDA's who are related to this, please let me know.

Why does she need humid weather?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I should have specified - humid as in close to ocean or sea. There are minerals in the air close to ocean which are good for health.

Originally Posted By: Woody

I should have specified - humid as in close to ocean or sea. There are minerals in the air close to ocean which are good for health.

Cool. This is very interesting. Do you know of studies that have shown this? I would be interested in reading about it.

I believe in Hematology.

Cool. This is very interesting. Do you know of studies that have shown this? I would be interested in reading about it.

Are you being sarcastic or are you really interested?

Google for salt chambers or salt rooms.

Thanks mac. I was interested. Couldn't find anything on living in a humid or coastal area. Found only one study that indicated -salt chamber treatment reduced bronchial hyperresponsiveness as an add-on therapy for asthmatics. That was about it.

But I think that a salt chamber and living on the coast would be two different situations especially since there was really not much evidence that salt was of much benefit even in a chamber.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Yeah, nothing more cool than to turn your water well into a toxic waste dispensing unit... reyes

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Thanks mac. I was interested. Couldn't find anything on living in a humid or coastal area. Found only one study that indicated -salt chamber treatment reduced bronchial hyperresponsiveness as an add-on therapy for asthmatics. That was about it.

But I think that a salt chamber and living on the coast would be two different situations especially since there was really not much evidence that salt was of much benefit even in a chamber.

Well, climates like in Florida and for example at Dead Sea do help people with joint pains. Whether it's from minerals in the air or from something else.

Yeah, nothing more cool than to turn your water well into a toxic waste dispensing unit... reyes
I thought you were a city-water kind of guy.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."