ClubAdventist is back!

Pacific Union and WO

Woody

• Members

Does this difference in wording really make that much difference in how to interpret WO? That is actually an interesting question. I am going to look at a few texts and do some study on this point you made here. If you have any texts to suggest; can you please post them here?

Great points OA. I believe that a sermon by DB, that Woody posted, not sure what thread its in, will give you quite a number of verses.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• CyberGuy

• olger

• Overaged

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted By: Woody
Okay. You got me. A Point to Doug.
Only one point? lol

Now Now - It's not good to be greedy on the Sabbath.

Side Bar: I just got back from taking a ride in the country. Trouble was - I started coveting some of the homes I saw. I sent up a quick prayer promising that I would not covet on the Sabbath and that I would save my covetting for another day. LOL. I hope He was impressed.

So the same with greed. The least you could do is to wait till the Sabbath hours are over for heavens sake.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

It is one thing to agitate and to keep agitating for change. That would be healthy, IMHO. It is totally another thing to take a unilateral action that is contrary to what the whole body wants. Is the body of Christ to be divided?

:like:

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

The question here is: Should we do the will of God? Or the will of man?

I believe in Hematology.

So whose voice are we to listen to now? What if one or more of the local conferences in the PUC or any other Union vote for one thing and the others against? What if some churches in the local conferences vote for one thing and the others against? CHAOS!!! MADNESS!!!

Your question has already been answered by the actions of those who promote WO. Any independent church who refuses to recognize the duly authorized policies of the mother conference/union will suffer consequences of one type or the other. I go to a SS of the LLU church which has a list of speakers that cannot be invited because they openly oppose WO. Dissidents will not be tolerated.It is the nature of the source.

Your question has already been answered by the actions of those who promote WO. Any independent church who refuses to recognize the duly authorized policies of the mother conference/union will suffer consequences of one type or the other. I go to a SS of the LLU church which has a list of speakers that cannot be invited because they openly oppose WO. Dissidents will not be tolerated.It is the nature of the source.

Wow, thats amazing. spin

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Moderators

Quote:
I go to a SS of the LLU church which has a list of speakers that cannot be invited because they openly oppose WO. Dissidents will not be tolerated.It is the nature of the source.

Before we know it we'll be having conservative churches not inviting certain speakers because they are too liberal!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:
I go to a SS of the LLU church which has a list of speakers that cannot be invited because they openly oppose WO. Dissidents will not be tolerated.It is the nature of the source.

Before we know it we'll be having conservative churches not inviting certain speakers because they are too liberal!

That's exactly what the GYC movement has done.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Well, Father Woody, would you kindly tell us which is the will of God and which is the will of man on this issue?

• Moderators

Quote:

Precisely!!!

Seems like liberals aren't too liberal after all when their point of view is opposed!

Originally Posted By: Woody

Well, Father Woody, would you kindly tell us which is the will of God and which is the will of man on this issue?

:like: But why stop there? Why not have me tell you God's will on ALL issues. You raise a great point here Gerry.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Seems like liberals aren't too liberal after all when their point of view is opposed!

That is not a liberal behavior. Only Cons do that.

I believe in Hematology.

Well; on a lighter note, thanks for the web site referral. I guess I was a little surprised that you shared that particular link because it has many sources opposed to WO, and that says a lot about where you are coming from - looks like a good place to me. lol. And I say that not being in full agreement, one way or the other yet. I am enjoying the research and learning some things I didn't even know.

I forgot. ALL church members are human beings. lol angel1

And I can trust"

• Moderators

Quote:
That's exactly what the GYC movement has done.

Yup, my comment was tongue in cheek. It's already happening.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

The end is near. All that these side issues are doing is to distract the Church/people from the work that needs to be done.

• Administrators

Yes Gerry, I couldn't agree more. Bet the Old Devil loves all of this .....

So much energy being spent while millions are in need of hearing the gospel. Could our energies be better spent in our neighborhoods, churches: At home and afar?

One does not have to be male or female, ordained or not, to serve our Lord and fellow men and women

Yes Gerry, I couldn't agree more. Bet the Old Devil loves all of this .....

So much energy being spent while millions are in need of hearing the gospel. Could our energies be better spent in our neighborhoods, churches: At home and afar?

One does not have to be male or female, ordained or not, to serve our Lord and fellow men and women

Thats for sure Naomi! I thought I was going to fix someone's leaky tap a while ago - ended up praying with them and reading Bible passages to them...ah life in the day of a handyman...If only men & women would forget all this gender-dividing theology and just get to work for the Master anyway.

And I can trust"

• Administrators

• Members

:like::like: I agree OA and Naomi. To much infighting over trivial matters. Arguing never accomplishes anything.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

It was the leaders in Israel that got them down the wrong road over & over again. Is this deja vu all over again?

Quote:

Changing the focus from specific WO to general liberal/conservative? SDA's don't invite speakers from the Bible Research Institute either.Can you give an apple to apple example? Are you ok with the LLU policy? Should that ok go both ways?

• Administrators

It was the leaders in Israel that got them down the wrong road over & over again. Is this deja vu all over again?

Good question Gerry ... Please God, let it not be so ......

• Administrators

Quote:
Changing the focus from specific WO to general liberal/conservative? SDA's don't invite speakers from the Bible Research Institute either.Can you give an apple to apple example? Are you ok with the LLU policy? Should that ok go both ways?

Good points Doug thumbsup

• Moderators

Are you ok with the LLU policy? Should that ok go both ways?

I have not agreed to have particular SDA speakers in my pulpit because the don't share the views or approach of our church. I didn't invite a particular speaker because he was against drums and contemporary music. I watched one of his presentations online and thought is was weak Biblically. Why would would I invite someone to speak about how evil drums are in a church with contemporary worship?

If a speaker routinely uses more EGW than Bible I won't invite them unless the topic is about EGW specifically or church history. If the person is going to tear folks down about jewelry, women wearing pants etc. I won't invite them.

The lead pastor is entitled to invite or not invite whoever he wants within certain parameters. Conservative or liberal.

Einstein