ClubAdventist is back!

A Must For Every Christian

Gibs

Unless we each become partakers of His Divine Nature we will fail of reaching the high mark of Salvation.

This is a quote from Sister EGW,

" We are required to keep the commandments of God, and to demonstrate before the heavenly worlds that we are obedient children, loyal and true to the government of God. We may not expect the world, which is under the power and dominion of Satan, to obey God and keep his commandments. There are but two classes in our world, the obedient and the disobedient, the holy and the unholy. When our transgressions were laid upon Jesus, he was numbered among the unholy on the sinner's account. He became our substitute, our surety, before the Father and all the heavenly angels. By imputing the sins of the world to Jesus, he became the sinner in our stead, and the curse due to our sins came upon him. It becomes us to contemplate Christ's life of humiliation and his agonizing death; for he was treated as the sinner deserves to be treated. He came to our world, clothing his divinity with humanity, to bear the test and proving of God. By his example of perfect obedience in his human nature, he teaches us that men may be obedient. {ST, April 24, 1893 par. 5}

And the apostle writes, "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, according as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue; whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." It is here plainly revealed that whosoever believeth in Jesus Christ becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Let divinity and humanity cooperate, and fallen man may be more than conqueror through Christ Jesus."

-

{ST, April 24, 1893 par. 6}

All will fall into one or the other of the two camps, "the obedient, or the disobedient".

He made it easy for each and every one of us to be a partaker of "His Divine Nature" that we too could be victorious over our sin and the world. We are to be and must be "Overcomers".

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gibs

• Gerr

• skyblue888

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folks, the most important issue we could address, the Salvation issue, the post above is a must see for everyone of us.

May you be Blessed.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

dgrimm60,

Yes dgrimm60 I don't think another writer other than Jesus ever made it more clear than she does of, "what must I do to be saved".

She answers it so well in the first post in so few of words that none need miss finding the answer to the question. Her "Steps to Christ" and "Desire of Ages" all should read and be Blessed for sure.

Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

All will fall into one or the other of the two camps, "the obedient, or the disobedient".

Rom_10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Yes OV, those who are obedient call upon the name of Yahshua and shall be saved. EGW made a statement on this,

"That God who walked with Enoch was our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He was the light of the world then, just as He is today. Those living then were not without teachers to instruct them in the paths of life, for Noah and Enoch were Christians. The gospel is given in precept in Leviticus. Implicit obedience is required now, as then. How important it is that we understand the meaning of this word. Only two classes will be developed in the world—the obedient and the disobedient. This must be made apparent in all our labors. If we could only bear in mind that Christ, in disguise, is constantly by our side. “I am at your right hand to help you.” We are to be His witnesses to convince the sinner of sin. None can be compelled against their will, but they can be convinced. Christ is the miracle-working power that can do this.—Letter 119, 1895. {CTr 63.4}

Gibs, I wonder. Have you considered what she means by "implicit" obedience?

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Moderators

I could be wrong, but I think Gibs is confusing "implicit obedience" with perfect performance.

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Overaged

I could be wrong, but I think Gibs is confusing "implicit obedience" with perfect performance.

Good point! It might be good to define the term.

AND... Is our idea of obedience the same as God's? How does implicit obedience work out in your life? I agree that it is an important concept.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Originally Posted By: Overaged

I suspect you are right Gerry. But whatever definition one wishes to apply to it - in the Christian world - one has to make sure that it is compatible with the rest of scripture. And 'perfect performance' is not compatible. For - Christ came to save sinners - not perfect performers.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

OV, Woody, All,

Christ was one of us in our sphere and He made it that we too could walk as He walked when upon this earth.

EGW speaks,

"Earnest workers have no time to dwell upon the defects of others. They behold the Saviour, and by beholding become changed into His likeness. He is the One whose example we are to follow in our character building. In His life upon the earth He plainly revealed the divine nature. We should strive to be perfect in our sphere, as He was perfect in His sphere. No longer are the members of the church to remain unconcerned in regard to the formation of right characters. Placing themselves under the molding influence of the Holy Spirit, they are to form characters that are a reflection of the divine character." {8T 86.2}

It would be foolish to set the mark lower than that.

Mt 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

• Moderators

"We should strive to be perfect in our sphere, as He was perfect in His sphere."

Well, Gibs, what does that mean to you? That we can achieve perfect performance?

Gerry,

Only perfect in this sphere as He expects and that is your call. In doing so reach as high as you can. He gave all for us, why should we hold out our very best.

What would be our excuse for coming up short?

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Gerry,

Only perfect in this sphere as He expects and that is your call. In doing so reach as high as you can. He gave all for us, why should we hold out our very best.

Personally I come up short because I pleaded with God for victory and HE has not come through. Sure I do some on my own power but I prefer to have it come from HIM.

I believe in Hematology.

Woody it was the Father in Christ who did the works and for us it is Christ in us that does the works.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

We must find this mystery to be overcomers and be victorious. He makes it clear, as we must not have our names blotted out of His Book of Life,

Re 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Praise God - even though I don't overcome all sin - I remain on the Books of Life. That is His promise to me that I can go to the bank on. Praise God for His grace.

I sin - He forgives.

That's the deal.

I believe in Hematology.

Now, Now Woody, Of course He forgives as long as you are truly repentive. But you are expected to overcome sinning, committing lawlessness, with His indwelling. God with us, and in you,

Mt 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

That is our hope of Glory, Christ in you.

Quote:
But you are expected to overcome sinning, committing lawlessness, with His indwelling.

I am not able to do that.

All I can do is ask for HIM to do it in me.

So far - He has declined my petitions.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Gerry,

Of course, we should all strive to do our best! My question to you is this: Are toast if we come up short?

• Moderators

Now, Now Woody, Of course He forgives as long as you are truly repentive. But you are expected to overcome sinning, committing lawlessness, with His indwelling. God with us, and in you,

Do you see a difference between "living in sin/slave to sin" and "falling short"?

• Administrators
:like:

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Originally Posted By: Gibs

Do you see a difference between "living in sin/slave to sin" and "falling short"?

Gerry, There is not much differece between the three you bring out.

What is apparent is the fact He has fully enabled, given us His Power to be overcomers of sin. We must in a short while now accomplish that as the time is very short now to put each and every one of our short commings away.

We are counciled,

When he leaves the sanctuary, darkness covers the inhabitants of the earth. In that fearful time the righteous must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor. The restraint which has been upon the wicked is removed, and Satan has entire control of the finally impenitent. God's long-suffering has ended. The world has rejected his mercy, despised his love, and trampled upon his law. The wicked have passed the boundary of their probation; the Spirit of God, persistently resisted, has been at last withdrawn. Unsheltered by divine grace, they have no protection from the wicked one. Satan will then plunge the inhabitants of the earth into one great, final trouble. As the angels of God cease to hold in check the fierce winds of human passion, all the elements of strife will be let loose. The whole world will be involved in ruin more terrible than that which came upon Jerusalem of old. {GC88 614.1}

A single angel destroyed all the first-born of the Egyptians, and filled the land with mourning. When David offended against God by numbering the people, one angel caused that terrible destruction by which his sin was punished. The same destructive power exercised by holy angels when God commands, will be exercised by evil angels when he permits. There are forces now ready, and only waiting the divine permission, to spread desolation everywhere. {GC88 614.2}

Those who honor the law of God have been accused of bringing judgments upon the world, and they will be regarded as the cause of the fearful convulsions of nature and the strife and bloodshed among men that are filling the earth with woe. The power attending the last warning has enraged the wicked; their anger is kindled against all who have received the message, and Satan will excite to still greater intensity the spirit of hatred and persecution. {GC88 614.3}

When God's presence was finally withdrawn from the Jewish nation, priests and people knew it not. Though

under the control of Satan, and swayed by the most horrible and malignant passions, they still regarded themselves as the chosen of God. The ministration in the temple continued; sacrifices were offered upon its polluted altars, and daily the divine blessing was invoked upon a people guilty of the blood of God's dear Son, and seeking to slay his ministers and apostles. So when the irrevocable decision of the sanctuary has been pronounced, and the destiny of the world has been forever fixed, the inhabitants of the earth will know it not. The forms of religion will be continued by a people from whom the Spirit of God has been finally withdrawn; and the Satanic zeal with which the prince of evil will inspire them for the accomplishment of his malignant designs, will bear the semblance of zeal for God. {GC88 614.4}

We are foolish for making the Way wider than it is and making light of our need to get our houses in as good an order as we possibly can.

Re 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

It does not appear that our own efforts can overcome sin, for this is a supernatural battle waged by Satan, who once stood next to Christ in the order of Heaven.

Only Christ can defeat Satan. This means Christ must be dwelling within if we are to overcome.

How does Christ dwell in us if He is standing next to the Father as the our Mediator in the Sanctuary of Heaven?

Christ dwells in us by His Spirit - His thoughts, His way of thinking. "Know ye not that ye are the temple of the Holy Ghost (Spirit)?" Then "let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus".

For Christ to indwell us by His Spirit, self must be put aside. No man can have two masters. Self must die. Here we must strive to believe that Christ is better than Dodger stats or other idols of our creation. And God helps even here, for we are weak and pitiful. His Spirit speaks to our conscience - "choose eternal life, earth is fleeting, those thrills of passion will not make you happy".

Can we know if Christ dwells within?

Do our thoughts, words & actions exemplify Him, do they honour Heaven? Do we walk as He walked? Is the Bible light precious to us? If so, move from strength to strength.

If not, ask God for help to see our true selves.

Yes, self must die. There must be a death to self and sin every day and I agree with Gordon that it is not something that we ourselves can do. It is the work of God through Christ by the Holy Spirit causing us to die to self and sin every day. We can only consent for Him to do the work:

"Nothing can take the place of simple faith and entire renunciation of self. But no man can empty himself of self. We can only CONSENT for Christ to accomplish the work. Then the language of the soul will be: Lord take my heart for I cannot give it. It is Your property. Keep it pure for I cannot keep it for You. Save me in spite of myself, my weak, unchristlike self. Mold me, fashion me, raise me into a pure and holy atmosphere where the rich current of Your love can flow through my soul." C.O.L.159.

Note that we cannot even give our hearts to Him. We cannot give something that does not belong to us. Christ has bought us with a price. We are His. We can only consent for Him to take our heart, His purchased possession, that He may keep it pure for Him.

And we must not forget that only as we daily come to God just as we are, sinful, helpless, dependent, trusting wholly in the merits of the crucified and risen Saviour can all this sanctifying work take place for "God will accept everyone that comes to Him trusting wholly in the merits of a crucified Savior. Love springs up in the heart." 1 S.M.354.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

With Christ within, at our full repentance and total surrender of our will He does take abode in us.

Paul gave the secret to the Gentiles,

Our Hope of Glory,

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Yes for of ourselves we are nothing but He within you and I can be more than conquerors.

I believe that in this case Gibs stated the truth, that as our humanity is indwelt by the divinity of Christ we too can overcome as He overcame. Eph.3:14-19. We are to grow up into Christ until the full corn of His character is in the ear when the mission of the Gospel shall be completed at the end of the loud cry. Mark 4:26-29.

Then will come the great final test (death decree) which will separate the wheat from the tares and their destiny will be forever fixed. Those who are among the wheat at that time (wise virgins) will then become the 144,000, having received the final seal, and through them the Lord will fight the last great battle (Armageddon) to end the great controversy between Him and Satan. This great battle will end at the time of the fifth plague as thick darkness shall fall upon the earth followed by the shining of the rainbow from the throne of God upon His people, when the voice of God shall deliver the 144,000 from being slaughtered by their enemies attempting to execute the death decree upon them

sky

"In Christ dwelt all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. This is why, although He was tempted in all points like as we are, He stood before the world, from His first entrance into it, untainted by corruption, though surrounded by it. Are we not also to become partakers of that fullness, and is it not thus, and thus only, that we can overcome as He overcame?" E.G. White, Bible Commentary, vol.7,907.

"To reveal this ideal as the only standard for attainment; to show what every human being might become; what, through the indwelling of humanity by divinity, all who received Him would become--for this, Christ came to the world." Education,73,74.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.