ClubAdventist is back!

Insanity

jasd

...is spelled USA!

In 2011, our trade deficit with China was 28 times larger than it was back in 1990 and more than 49,000 times larger than it was back in 1985. (Yeah, ...thousand here, ten-thousand there, pretty soon we's talkin' numbers!)

A recent investigation by the U.S. Senate Committee on Armed Services found more than one million counterfeit Chinese parts in the Department of Defense supply chain. (You mean, like, in the 'puter system of our $3 billion dollar Fighter planes?)

According to the Economic Policy Institute, America is losing half a million jobs to China every single year. ("Yo, 'B' - where's them 'hope and change' jobs you was on about?")

While we allow Chinese goods to freely flood our shores, China just keeps slapping new tariffs on American-made goods. According to the New York Times, a Jeep Grand Cherokee that costs $27,490 in the United States costs about $85,000 in China thanks to all the tariffs. (Okaayyy... fair's fair, yes?--nah, just brain dead.)

The United States has lost a staggering 32 percent of its manufacturing jobs since the year 2000. (Now, tha's Biblical - so, that means we all get graduate degrees in flipppin' burgers)

In 2010, China produced 627 million metric tons of steel. The United States only produced 80 million metric tons of steel. (Dinkin' unions! Anyways, so what?--ain not no steel in fast foods, eh?)

China is now the number one supplier of components that are critical to the operation of U.S. defense systems. (Wha' happened to 'Made in USA supplies? Ain not arguin' we's smart.)

According to author Clyde Prestowitz, China's number one export to the U.S. is computer equipment. According to an article in U.S. News & World Report, during 2010 the number one U.S. export to China was "scrap and trash". (Hey!--we get 'puters, they's get trash. Hoo-ah! Texas tradin' there, pard. Wait-a-minute, tha's one man's trash is anothe man's treasure. Umm, did that come out right?)

Stupid is spelled USA, ...as is loser. [/sigh]

Don't know how to spell "Russian Back--Fire Bomber Over Denver: Buy more ammo."

Oh, sorry, wrong crowd... :)

• Members

So what are you actually trying to tell us? As far as I can tell this is nothing new, has been slowly happening for years!!!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

>>So what are you actually trying to tell us?<<

Ain not tryin' nuthin' - just puttin' it out there - for those who are off-grid, as it were.

>>As far as I can tell this is nothing new,<<

Then you be one who's plugged-in.

>>has been slowly happening for years!!!<<

You mean, the fact that a Russian Backfire Bomber overflew [super major sensitive emergency seat of govt] Denver last week has been happening for years!? Didja know that the Backfire Bomber is a long-range strike Bomber - nuclear capable?

Happening for years, eh? I'd better get my TV hooked up and subscribe to Dish TV so's I can get up to snuff with Fox News and Hal Lindsay - and mebbe, some of thems motivational 'vangelists like Osteen, Lovums, and Snookums as kickers.

Sheesh, didn't know I was so out of the loop.

Buy ammo: oh, forgot... :)