ClubAdventist is back!

Carolyn Perry

Jeannieb43

• Moderators

Has anybody ever heard of this person?

I just received an eight-page single-spaced typewritten broadside which purports to be from this person. I know it's from somebody who has or had access to the church mailing lists, because I received two identical mailings of the same thing, one of which was addressed to me and my former husband [from whom I've been divorced for 40 years]. Somebody has pilfered the conference mailing lists.

This is titled "The Second Coming of Christ with the Third to Follow After Tribulation."

Does this sound familiar to anybody here?

She has a return address of 312 S. Maple St., Vinton VA 24179.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Members

Has anybody ever heard of this person?

yes...she's been sending stuff for at least 4 years..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

She sounds spooky; whoever she is.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Members

I have her email address, if anyone cares to address her about the mailings..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

I have no desire to strike up a correspondence with her. She's not the type of person who appeals to me.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Sounds like dispensationalism and the rapture theory. Our Theology is we have life on earth to develop our characters, allow the angels and other beings to see what is going on with occasional reviews or investagative judgments from time to time before God is about to do something special, and humankind is growing over the generations either into the character of Jesus or the character of Satan. When Jesus and Satan were both here on earth Satan tried to kill Jesus. Thus when you have people with characters of either Jesus or Satan, those with the character of Satan will want to kill those with the character of Jesus, and how sin destroys itself and life on earth is about to become extint as humans use the earth for their own selfish purposes instead of careing for it. This wanting to get rid of those with the character of Jesus and the destruction and explotation of the earth is what the tribulation is. This is when Jesus comes and tells us that his grace is sufficient for us and while some welcome him others feel that he is lying and prefer to run to the rocks and caves to fall on them and kill them.

The thousand years (and the term is an ancient educational term that the teacher has enought time to help his students fully master a topic rather than a specific setting on the callender. If afer 459 years we have our questions answered Jesus will not say "ok, we can twiddle our thumbs for the next 541 years" nor if it is 999 years and 359 days and we are still asking questions he will not say "Make it quick, we got to get going, I don't have time to answer any other questions, ok maybe one more but a short one") is where we get to have an investigative judgment about choices we made in our life and people we miss who we are still missing (sadly the traditional view of the thousand years seems to be heaven for the gossip. I think I'll be asking too many questions about my own life than to want to go into too much detail on others) and to give Satan and the other demons a chance to not be busy and to think about the choices they made and what they turned themselves into.

Christians are here for the tribulation.