ClubAdventist is back!

So the question about Pipim is this..

Stan

It's between him and any other Christian who might desire to re-baptize him.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Were the accusations against Cain later found to be false?

Could you explain the question - I only heard sound bites north of the border.

Given Pipim's position & influence, both clerical and legal issues should be cleared at the ground level, inquiries with full transparency.

Were the accusations against Cain later found to be false?

Could you explain the question - I only heard sound bites north of the border.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I've read little detail about Pipim's situation, except starting one account which said his victim was driven to meet him by a conference official. Not good if true.

Not sure I'll read his 'Answer' because overall these cases are very similar. Few take responsibility.

More important to me is the process & policy which allows this to happen: M. Vendens and Pipims will abound (most undiscovered) until there are clear church measures & policy to prevent abuse. If the hierarchy continues to excuse this pattern, they share responsibility. We've seen a lot of this in Québec, a predators's paradise for several centuries.

It's an old story. One local man wrote about it in "The priest, the woman and the confessional". He's known for his larger work "Fifty Years in the Church of Rome" (c. 1885) = Charles Chiniquy.

That's why settling out of court is only a money prospect. (It does not protect future victims.) The victim is usually gagged by agreement, without any meaningful apology. When a few lawsuits go to the wall, or some officials end up behind bars (with criminal records), then policy may change. Until then, we "do as the Romans do".

Interesting that he didn't feel the need to confess to his wife

Quote:
I revealed my sin to my wife 5

months after the incident–within 24 hours of the day I got to know that it had become public knowledge . Why didn’t I tell her when it happened? Based on my understanding of Scripture and EGW’s ‘Private sins should be privately addressed.’ As far as I knew, our sin had been repented of, confessed, and renounced. There was no need (definitely at

that time) to share that information with my wife.”"

What a guy.

If you never, ever want to have an emotional connection with your wife again in the way that God intended, by all means guard a secret closet in your life. Dumb.

G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

If you never, ever want to have an emotional connection with your wife again in the way that God intended, by all means guard a secret closet in your life. Dumb.

G

And none of us have ever done anything even remotely like that, have we? Good grief! I am so tired of these Adventist Turkey-shoots; and how we all talk so "righteously" about how horrible the other guy was/is, and how severely he must be "punished." The whole thing is crazy.

Satan is having a real hootenany over this one.

What is this thread even about?

post-4001-140967454016_thumb.jpg

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

If we guard a secret in our heart (especially moral), it will ultimately cause us to push people away emotionally.

Guilt says "I owe you." I have a secret. I know something about myself that you don't know and if you knew it - it would dramatically affect your view of me." I owe you. It becomes the grid through which we view life. So we push people away. We relate from a distance. It's safer. This locks our heart from giving love.

Guilt makes it almost impossible to trust other people because "I know I’m not trustworthy." I may not acknowledge it but I’m going to telegraph my lack of trustworthiness onto the people around me. I know I have secrets–I’ll bet you have one. It creates this invisible dynamic that is Oh-so-unhealthy and it all stems back to a person who has a secret – they have to cover it.

Good news. There is a simple solution. The antidote to guilt is confession, repentance and cleansing. You tell somebody. You get it off your back.

What breaks the power of guilt? Confession.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

Isn't that his call and the church board of the church he belongs to?

Yes, spot on.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo
Isn't that his call and the church board of the church he belongs to?

Yes, spot on.

Yes exactly. None of us have ANY say.

None in the General Conference have any say.

No one has a say except for his pastor and local church.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

What conserns me is that I believe this was a fruit that came from some of his underlying assumptions that we have seen growing in the public work for years:

His views towards Instpration instead of being in agreement on what Mrs. White taught in Selected Messages and the forward to the Great Controversy and her letters to say Stephen Haskell and others, discussions on the reform dress and the Testimony #11 and what was taught in Washington Missionary college in the early 1900s and taught by Willie White, W. W. Prescott and A. G. Daniels (and even years earlier by James White), is instead the ridged strict right and wrong view of the Philadelphia 1919 Bible Conference which lead to the coupe of the 1923 General Conference and resulting dismissal of the WMC religion faculty, demotion of W.W. Prescott, Willie White's job being stripped of all authority (basically he was fired but allowed to have an office to spend his days and a pay check) one of the key things for the removal of A. G. Daniels as General Conference President and a witch hunt in our other schools and churches for people.

His ridged views, opposition to women's ordination, hiarcharical attitudes and his pedistal that he was placed on has a tendency of making people feel that they are right and decreases self examinatin. Sort of a spiritual walking with your head in the air instead of watching your step and this increases the risk of stumbeling into a hole even if you truely love God and have the best of motives. I have been long worried about something happening like this to Pippim ever since I saw his first book.

• Administrators

Kevin, that is the voice of one who has been in the church long enough to have seen it happen before.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

To add to that- This sort of experience has to be one of the, if not THE, most humbling ordeals any believer can go through. Men that do, usually are remembered the rest of their days for this one humiliation, no matter how much good they do afterwards.

I hope that they can be as David, to present their heart for entire healing. Still, David also bore his humiliation forever after in the dysfunction of his family members. The children just weren't right. The man they looked up to most was disgraced and it blighted them.

At least David returned to God and was humbled. Some just don't.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

offtopic

His views towards Instpration instead of being in agreement on what Mrs. White taught in Selected Messages and the forward to the Great Controversy and her letters to say Stephen Haskell and others, discussions on the reform dress and the Testimony #11 and what was taught in Washington Missionary college in the early 1900s and taught by Willie White, W. W. Prescott and A. G. Daniels (and even years earlier by James White), is instead the ridged strict right and wrong view of the Philadelphia 1919 Bible Conference which lead to the coupe of the 1923 General Conference and resulting dismissal of the WMC religion faculty, demotion of W.W. Prescott, Willie White's job being stripped of all authority (basically he was fired but allowed to have an office to spend his days and a pay check) one of the key things for the removal of A. G. Daniels as General Conference President and a witch hunt in our other schools and churches for people.

smiley That's got to be one of the longest sentences I've seen!!! I'm dumbstruck!!

backtopic

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Quote:
That's got to be one of the longest sentences I've seen!!! I'm dumbstruck!!

Yeah. I nearly passed out while reading it.

I believe in Hematology.

I had to have an extra scoop of icecream after reading that.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ