ClubAdventist is back!

The Wrath of God

Woody

The lake of fire is the result of God's abandonment of the earth.

So fire springs forth spontaneously, without a first cause, just because God abandons the earth?

Perhaps this explains the great mystery of spontaneous human combustion.

From Wikipedia:

Spontaneous human combustion (SHC) describes reported cases of the burning of a living (or very recently deceased) human body without an apparent external source of ignition. There have been about 200 cited cases[1] worldwide over a period of around 300 years.

From Top 10 Cases of Spontaneous Human Combustion

http://io9.com/5855700/10-cases-of-spontaneous-human-combustion

Nicole Millet, the wife of a Parisian innkeeper in 1725, was found after her husband roused the entire inn when he smelled smoke. What was left of her was in the kitchen, almost completely reduced to ash, with the wooden utensils around her unburned. Other accounts have her burned on her straw pallet, with the straw only a little damaged. That looked suspicious, and so her husband was tried and found guilty of murder. On appeal, though, he used the 'spontaneous human combustion' defense, and was exonerated. Nicole's death was found to be due to 'a visitation of God.'

Oh! If they only knew the truth that is was from "abandonment" by God and not "visitation". . .

How wicked she must have been above all sinners on earth.

Q.E.D.

Satanic Verses-Salman Rushdie.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• skyblue888

• Q.E.D.

• Gibs

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: RLH
....it was Jesus who cursed the fig tree and made it wither and die, not Satan.

Why did He do it? Because it wouldn't bare fruit.

Wow, you place human, sinful emotions on Christ who was and is sinless.

Another point that was made here in Matt 21, is that the same one who snuffed out the fig tree for not bearing fruit, will ultimately be the one who snuffs out the unrepentant sinners, along with sin itself, and all pertaining to it, in the end.

That too, is consistent throughout.

So fire springs forth spontaneously, without a first cause, just because God abandons the earth?

Did God nail Christ to the cross? Remember, He died for the sins of the whole world! All mankind's sins were imputed to Him.

If God causes the lost to burn, then God must have whipped and crucified Christ Himself. He must of been present (even though Christ says the opposite) You can't have it both way, QED!

The God you present is worse than Hitler. How you can worship such a a god is a mystery to me. Perhaps it says something of your mindset?

Another point that was made here, is that the same one who snuffed out the fig tree for not bearing fruit, will ultimately be the one who snuffs out the unrepentant sinners, along with sin itself, and all pertaining to it, in the end.

In other words your gospel goes like this:

I'm Christ....I love you so much I took your 2nd death. I live for you...I'm the servant of all, but if you reject Me I'll burn you alive with hot, burning coals of fire. I will make you suffer many days. Now, what's holding you up from loving Me back?

So fire springs forth spontaneously, without a first cause,

Earth to QED! The cause is sin. The affects of sin has damaged this earth. You see it with our weather patterns; our earthquakes and volcanoes. The earth, says Paul, is growing old and falling apart. If it weren't for God's hand this world would have been gone many years ago.

In the end God will abandon the world under Satan. When He does this world will come apart. God destroys no man, man is destroyed not by God hands, but because He rejects God.

Originally Posted By: Q.E.D.

Did God nail Christ to the cross?

No, I think it was the Roman Soldiers that nailed Christ to the cross.

Uhhh, did you figure out where the fire comes from yet after God abandons the earth?

Q.E.D.

If God causes the lost to burn, then God must have whipped and crucified Christ Himself. He must of been present (even though Christ says the opposite) You can't have it both way, QED!

If you say so. Can't quite get a handle on your logic on this one. . . "If God causes the lost to burn, then God must have whipped and crucified Christ Himself."

Just clogging through the quagmire. . . Q.E.D.

The God you present is worse than Hitler. How you can worship such a a god is a mystery to me. Perhaps it says something of your mindset?

Worse than Hitler? I just read my Bible every day.

The Quran didn't seem to be from God so I stopped reading it. . .You know "Kill all infidels".

Q.E.D.

Another point that was made here, is that the same one who snuffed out the fig tree for not bearing fruit, will ultimately be the one who snuffs out the unrepentant sinners, along with sin itself, and all pertaining to it, in the end.

I'm Christ....I love you so much I took your 2nd death. I live for you...I'm the servant of all, but if you reject Me I'll burn you alive with hot, burning coals of fire. I will make you suffer many days. Now, what's holding you up from loving Me back?

Your whole premise is flawed.

God has to rid the whole universe of sin. It's for the good of all, even the lost. So if we choose to cling to our sin, instead of clinging to Jesus, (He has given us a way out) then He has no choice but to destroy us along with the sin we are clinging to.

He takes no pleasure in it. In fact it's called his strange act in Isa 28:21

Don't feel too bad about your "gospel" RLH. . .Robert claims "my God" is worse than Hitler. Methinks Robert is getting frustrated. . .

Q.E.D.

So fire springs forth spontaneously, without a first cause,

Earth to QED! The cause is sin. The affects of sin has damaged this earth. You see it with our weather patterns; our earthquakes and volcanoes. The earth, says Paul, is growing old and falling apart. If it weren't for God's hand this world would have been gone many years ago.

In the end God will abandon the world under Satan. When He does this world will come apart. God destroys no man, man is destroyed not by God hands, but because He rejects God.

I keep reading your post but I cannot find anything about where the "fire" comes from. . .Revelation 20:9 sez "Fire came from God out of heaven and burned them up." I guess that is my NHV Bible, (New Hitler Version)

Q.E.D.

Uhhh, did you figure out where the fire comes from yet after God abandons the earth? Q.E.D.

What's deep down in the earth?

hell_inside_earth.jpg

Can't quite get a handle on your logic on this one. . .

That's because you are traditionalist - one that can't think outside the box of a cruel, unjust and mean-spirited deity.

If God is the instrument of pain and suffering on the lost, then to be ethical & impartial God would have been instrumental in causing Christ's suffering. Keep in mind that Christ took upon Himself not one person's sins, but the sins of the whole world.

In other words if God is to finally take out His wrath on the sinner, then upon Christ He should have done much more, but He didn't. Therefore He in justice can't be partial and harm the unrepentant sinner. Comprehend?

Keep in mind partiality is sin!

"Fire came from God out of heaven and burned them up." I guess that is my NHV Bible, (New Hitler Version)

Q.E.D.

It's the way you interpret your Bible that makes it the NHV!

The verse in Revelations says the fire comes down from God out of heaven not from the middle of the earth.

It's becoming painfully clear that you reject the clearest statements of the bible in favor of your pre-conceived ideas.

God's agape love encompasses the full spectrum of God's character. A complete picture of God's character is found in Exodus 34.

Originally Posted By: Robert

The verse in Revelations says the fire comes down from God out of heaven not from the middle of the earth.

It's becoming painfully clear that you reject the clearest statements of the bible in favor of your pre-conceived ideas.

God's agape love encompasses the full spectrum of God's character. A complete picture of God's character is found in Exodus 34.

thumbsup

Down, Down, Down! Out of Heaven!

Q.E.D.

I am amazed at how QED had been patient with Robert's flawed, incorrigible antics. Hope he had at last realized he had wasted precious time on someone who claims to believe Scriptures but actually only believes in what he was taught and learned.

QED quoted Scriptures (Rev 20:9): Fire came down from God out of heaven.

Robert: No, it did not. It came from the earth.

And Robert wants us - the Bible-believing ones in this forum - to believe him. hahaha...

But I guess QED should not have quoted from the NHV; I suggest from the NRV(New Robert's Version).

"Fire came down from God out of Heaven..."

This is the language of Heaven and it is not left to private interpretation.

Because of his sin, the Lord said to David through Nathan the prophet, "I will raise up evil out of your own house." 2 Sam.12:11.

Immediately after quoting this passage Mrs. White (not Mrs. White but the Holy Spirit through Mrs. White) interprets that language in a way that is totally contrary to our traditional way of interpreting it, saying:

"Not that God prompted these acts of wickedness, but because of David's sin He did not exercise His power to prevent them." Patriarchs and Prophets,739.

If this is how the Holy Spirit interprets the language of the Bible in this instance, then He would have to be consistent in interpreting similar passages saying that God sends fire down from heaven or that He sends strong delusions to those who do not have the love of the truth or when we read that He sent fiery serpents to the Israelites who were murmuring in the wilderness or that He sent an evil spirit to Saul.

Not every single case where similar language is used in the Bible is explained but we have enough evidence that this is the way we are to interpret this language describing God's dealings with sin.

In the book The Great Controversy, 431, we find a direct commentary upon that verse which says that to those who do not have the love of the truth God sends strong delusions that they may believe a lie (2 Thess.2:10), saying,

"As they reject the teachings of His word, God withdraws His Spirit and leaves them to the deceptions which they love."

If these commentaries are from the Holy Spirit, and I believe they are, then Robert is right in what he has been saying all along concerning the principles of God's dealing with sin and sinners.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

God has to rid the whole universe of sin.

Then God needs to exterminate you because the Bible states you are a sinner. God needs to personally execute you. He needs burn you until you finally die.

"Fire came down from God out of Heaven..."

This is the language of Heaven and it is not left to private interpretation.

sky

I agree.

No private interpretation is necessary.

I take it exactly as it reads, the same way any 8 year old child would. It means what it says and is not couched in any kind of mystical or symbolic language.

Oh, Give me the Bible!

Q.E.D.

Heaven is many times used to describe the atmosphere. When the earth comes apart volcanoes will spew fire into the sky and it will rain down. Remember Pompeii?

It means what it says and is not couched in any kind of mystical or symbolic language.

Symbolic language? It's written in Rev:

And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Okay, we have "the beast" and "the false prophet" and someone picks up Satan and throws him in the late of fire. No symbolism, huh?

And Robert wants us - the Bible-believing ones in this forum - to believe him. hahaha....

You serve a god who is nothing like the God I know of the Bible. There are two Gods:

The god of this world, who uses violence, conquest and force and you have God, who is agape. Agape is not one of God's attributes, it's who God is....

"Fire came from God out of heaven and burned them up."

Hosea 11:8

"How can I give you up, Ephraim? How can I hand you over, Israel? How can I make you like Admah? How can I treat you like Zeboim?

Notice the language: How can I give you up? That's abandonment.

The four cities that were destroyed when God abandoned the cities of the plain were:

1] Sodom

2] Gomorrah

3] Admah

4] Zeboyim

Now go to Genesis 19:24

Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven....

Which is it?

1] Did God abandon these cities like it states in Hosea, or

2] did He actually produce brimstone and fire and rain it down on these cities?