ClubAdventist is back!

Women's Forum - who knew?

Gordon1

Who knew there was a Women's Forum here at Club Adventist?

Are there other secret or hidden forums? Men's Forum?

• Administrators

There are more than one AND there is (or was) a men's private forum as well. That is not a secret. There are quite a few private fora.

Access to them is usually gained simply by asking an administrator for permission, but some because of their characteristics request that the members review the application for admittance and agreeing to it before being granted entrance, to ensure a good fit.

From time to time we post a list of the private ones that are available upon request.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

From time to time we post a list of the private ones that are available upon request.

You should do that again sometime soon

• Administrators

Could do... hang on, it will take me a few minutes to gather

What takes me time to do that is that I need to remember which ones are private. They all show up for me at all times and I forget sometimes which are which

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Basically here are the ones that are available:

Living with Divorce

Living with AIDS

Living with Grief

A private men's forum

A private women's forum

Conspiracy Theories

"Other" Political Playground (access to this by group consensus)

Al Hanif

LGBT

There are 2 others that are experimental and being developed right now, called Christian Disciplines- one for men only and one for Women only. This is what Naomi was probably referring to. It is a place for Christian growth in the differing Biblical disciplines such as prayer, scripture memorization, bearing one's cross, witnessing, praise, Scripture, etc. Because it is still experimental access here is limited to moderators and between the 2 a handful of members. We are anticipating a time when it can be opened up further to people serious about edifying and growing one another's spiritual walk.

Those who enjoy praying for others online would be a good add to these, or claiming Bible promises, etc. We'll see how that goes.

Keep in mind that when one applies for access it doesn't mean that you automatically get it. There are reasons that the private fora are private! But no harm in asking, I always say.

There are more than one AND there is (or was) a men's private forum as well. That is not a secret. There are quite a few private fora.

Access to them is usually gained simply by asking an administrator for permission, but some because of their characteristics request that the members review the application for admittance and agreeing to it before being granted entrance, to ensure a good fit.

Thanks Gail, don't think I remember seeing a list - out of sight out of mind.

The list could be kept as a sticky under a Forum called Private Forums, for ex.

Living with Divorce

Living with AIDS

Living with Grief

A private men's forum

A private women's forum

Conspiracy Theories

Al Hanif

LGBT

Bah! I was hoping that there was one I want to join LOL

• Administrators

Thanks Gail, don't think I remember seeing a list - out of sight out of mind.

The list could be kept as a sticky under a Forum called Private Forums, for ex.

Gordon, for the most part the private ones have very little activity. They have developed over the years, one by one, as the need has arisen. For example a woman might have an issue that she would like an opinion on but for modesty's sake or privacy desired wanted only women to see.

Others, like the ones for minorities, just serve as a safe place for a breather.

The one thread that Naomi was probably referring to is exclusively for prayers. It is basically just her and me (mainly serious illness and safety issue requests) with a precious couple other shy ones joining in, but I think I can safely speak for her when I say it is a lifeline for us. One of the things we have prayed for are the helpers for the harvest that Jesus mentioned we need to pray for. It is also a place where praise rises up. Not the most interesting, I guess, but we both believe there is power in prayer and so we decided to just DO IT.

There is a section for the private fora and I think it has been visible in times past. But because of the nature of them and perhaps because there is not the controversy and activity in there that there is on the board only those fora one has access to become visible. So that is why we've given out reminders every so often. I've even included mention of them at times in the weekly mail-out. There has been some interest in them but not a lot, and the reasons vary and we respect that.

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Gail

Living with Divorce

Living with AIDS

Living with Grief

A private men's forum

A private women's forum

Conspiracy Theories

Al Hanif

LGBT

Bah! I was hoping that there was one I want to join LOL

Hey, I think that Stan provided a place for you, too!

LOL It's not that big of a deal, but for those who feel the need they are there. There are a few more that are no longer activated for lack of activity but they can be revived at any time.

It is notable and interesting to me that the largest fora are the ones where contentions and discussions reign. So be it- it is what a discussion board is for.

But I am also thankful for those such as the Photo ones and the health sections (thank you to pkrause and Suzanne). I think that the Word of the Day and other nuggets place still has either the most views or near there.

Gordon, for the most part the private ones have very little activity...

Thank you Gail - I appreciate your detailed reply.