ClubAdventist is back!

Questions and Answers on Current Issues Facing the Church

CGMedley

The following document addresses issues raised regarding the unity of the church, the authority of the General Conference, and its relationship to other levels and entities of the world church in connection with the current discussion on ordination to the gospel ministry. This document does not address whether ordaining women is appropriate but rather clarifies and corrects arguments that have been used throughout the discussion.

http://www.adventistreview.org/article/5...issues-of-unity

• Administrators

Regarding Church leadership - "He will prepare men for the times. They will be humble, God-fearing men, not conservative, not policy men; but men who have moral independence and will move forward in the fear of the Lord. They will be kind, noble, courteous; yet they will not be swayed from the right path, but will proclaim the truth in righteousness whether men will hear or whether they will forbear." - {5T 263.1}

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

"The secret of unity is found in the equality of believers in Christ. " - Ellen G. White

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

"The secret of unity is found in the equality of believers in Christ. " - Ellen G. White

thumbsup

I prefer the call for unity from our prophet rather than our current president.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

The problem with our leader's call for unity it - is that it is not Biblical. I prefer to stick with scriptures on the topic of WO.

I believe in Hematology.

This fellow wanted "equality" as well.

"I will be like the most High" (Isaiah 14:14).

Yeah and he was calling for unity also. bwink

I believe in Hematology.

Og - He was calling for unity behind his erroneous cause - just like our president it doing now.

I believe in Hematology.

• 1 month later...

I believe the Sabbath issue in the Pacific will be just as important soon. It definitely affects unity in the church. If we can have two Sabbaths in the Pacific, why not anywhere else?

See sabbathissues.org

• 2 months later...

I praise God for our current President Ted Wilson and pray that he will be strongly supported by our Church members.

The linked article - tells us that the Unions and Conferences are not following Policy when it comes to the chain of command extending to the GC level. However I just saw the chain of command document for my local conference and it does not extend to the GC level.

There is a break.

Even so - the linked article does not tell us what consequences result from Unions and their Conferences that do "not follow Policy".

More than this - it appears that in the case of our own break away Unions and their Conferences - the Division may in fact be encouraging them down that road.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

I believe the Sabbath issue in the Pacific will be just as important soon. It definitely affects unity in the church. If we can have two Sabbaths in the Pacific, why not anywhere else?

See sabbathissues.org

A fluctuating international date line -- only causes problems for one part of the world church.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Originally Posted By: KiwiJohn

See sabbathissues.org

A fluctuating international date line -- only causes problems for one part of the world church.

in Christ,

Bob

The international date line is not biblical. Eden was probably located in the Middle East instead of England. Had the international community elected to use a more biblical view, Alaska would be East of the International Dateline, and Alaskan Adventists would be keeping the Sabbath on a different day than the rest of Americans.