ClubAdventist is back!

I Want to go Back, Don't You?

teresaq

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw a woman get spanked and kicked in public. I was a child and waiting in the car in the "Jewish Marked" in Toronto one Saturday night.

It must have been near a bar and a couple came down the street, him kicking and hitting her in front of me.

Never forgot it.

Interesting pics. The only one I can remember from that era was Lucille Ball being swatted. At the age I was then I just thought it was funny. I noticed in the next picture the hand was not the instrument of punishment but a spatula. Today it would probably be a bat, although the intimacy of a hand striking bottom was probably the reason for the change.

While it is for me repulsive to see men behaving this way, it wasn't something God didn't know of in advance, although there is nothing indicated to believe that is the way He wanted it.

It wasn't until man (Adam) deliberately took Eve's offer, rather than following God's counsel, that woman's position alongside man changed.

"To the woman He said,

“I will greatly multiply

Your pain in childbirth,

In pain you will bring forth children;

Yet your desire will be for your husband,

And he will rule over you.”

Then to Adam He said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat from it’;

Cursed is the ground because of you;

In toil you will eat of it

All the days of your life.

“Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you;

And you will eat the plants of the field;

By the sweat of your face

You will eat bread,

Till you return to the ground,

Because from it you were taken;

For you are dust,

And to dust you shall return.” Gen 3:15-19 NASB

Underlined mine LHC

Notice that God did not say "because Eve tempted you" but rather referred to Adam's personal responsibility of succumbing to the temptation to eat and ignoring God's direct command to not eat.

It is only when adhering to God's command that woman achieves freedom to walk free of man's dominance, something the correct Christian influence presences, in the world in which we live.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• 1 month later...

This makes me sad for all the women who had to endure such nonsense. It also makes me very, very proud of my own mother who fought against it!

Spanking is something for the dark ages. It is unnecessary cruelness.