ClubAdventist is back!

First strike? Israel or Iran?

Stan

Iran has not declared war upon me or upon Canada where I live.

Nor do I believe they've declared war upon another country, Israel or U.S.A.

(Which shows their great patience, with all that American military hardware floating offshore.)

Israel's Prime Minister Netinyahu is eager for war.

Iran is seeking dialogue: http://www.globalresearch.ca/is-iran-trying-to-tell-us-something-we-wont-hear/

Thank you for the laugh. I really needed some laughter today.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hch

• phkrause

• Ted Oplinger

• Gordon1

Top Posters In This Topic

Iran sees what is going on in the middle east with all this Arab spring riots and civil war in Syria.

They are eager to develop a counter measure to ensure their sovereignty.

The little horn has been working with the earth beast behind the scenes since the Ronald Reagan Years.

We won,t know anything until it happens.

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

• Members

Iran sees what is going on in the middle east with all this Arab spring riots and civil war in Syria.

Yes Iran certainly sees, that's because they are the ones behind the scenes, stiring the pot.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

They are eager to develop a counter measure to ensure their sovereignty.

I'm not sure they are worried, but than you never know.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

The little horn has been working with the earth beast behind the scenes since the Ronald Reagan Years.

Absolutely, and with the Christian Right making inroads into politics, it will come about.

phkrause

Being that we have poured billions into Israel, and so many Americans are erroneously holding onto some form of Christian Zionism.

Yes, many Adventists side with the image of the beast & allies, despite being warned 100 years in advance.

Siding with the bully has short term rewards, but - no bullies in heaven.

Iran is the underdog, while Israel has 80 - 200 nuclear warheads.

Hard to compare the threat level.

• Members

Iran is the underdog, while Israel has 80 - 200 nuclear warheads.

Really the underdog? We have maybe 6 Million Jews living there, and maybe a few hundred thousand in the military. Compared to how many Arabs living all around them? would you like to guess? And how many nukes have they used to defend themselves? And they are defending themselves!!!!!How many times have they indiscriminately shot rockets at Hamas, Hezbollah, etc.?

phkrause

Nobody knew that Reagan and the pope took out russia until we read about it in time magazine.It seems they don,t care if we know.

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

Iran sees USA and Israel as a united political unit. and we have grievously failed to hold Israel accountable for their cruel mistreatment of the Palestinian people.

we need more faith and simple trust in God like we never had before.

As I read Daniel 11:31-39 Iran attacks our fleet in the Gulf. vss. 40-43 is a caveat that explains what leads up to the events described in 31-39

"And at the time of the end shall the king of the south [iraq] push at him [uSA]: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over."

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

Nobody knew that Reagan and the pope took out russia until we read about it in time magazine.It seems they don,t care if we know.

Somebody knew:

Revelation 13:3 "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast."

Pope John-Paul II almost died 1981, he survived his deadly wound.

Revelation 13:4 "And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

President Reagan could not withstand Pope John-Paul II, he healed the papal 1798 papal wound by recognizing JPII as a head of state. Bush I couldn't withstand JPII, he recognized him as the worlds moral leader, which is akin to restoring him [the leader] to be the head of all the churches. And USSR and Communist Poland could not withstand JPII.

So much for "Nobody knew" Somebody knew, but nobody on this side of heaven was listening.

His child Henry 

Originally Posted By: Gordon1

Iran has no history as a belligerent nation. They operate on the defensive.

Oh good - because for while there I was thinking they were talking about wiping Israel off the map.

in Christ,

Bob

In May of 2012, I though it might start around 22 July 2012. The war has not come & the rhetoric has lulled, but it will happen. The image beast has only plucked up 2 Islamic nation from the ten tribes that divided the the Eastern Roman Empire. But for it to be in the image of the beast it has to do as the beat did before it makes the image to the beast.

His child Henry 

They have been working hard to get Iran to strike first, and they haven't succeded yet. Iran knows who the troubler is over there and if at all possible I see them holding off to make the first strike.

Many nations, us and Israel have certainly threw enough at them to get them to strike first.

All need to know when it happens and it will Iran is not going to be alone. Many know too much about Israel to be with them.

I don't want to see it happen and very sure it will, Israel is frothing at the mouth.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

• Members

I'm guessing you mean Israel? Well I personally believe you can't be any further from the truth. Iran has been provoking Israel for many years. Sending weapons to terrorist groups to kill women and children. I'm surprised that Israel has held off at all. And as far as who will be with Iran! Not many, as a matter of fact most of the Arab states can't wait for Israel to take Iran out. They won't say it so others can hear it.

phkrause

I guess I don't get the attitudes of some of the posters to this thread. We have one country that openly wants to commit genocide against the other and its chosen enemy which has never expressed such an idea in return. Yet the country which has never expressed the idea of completely wiping out the other one is somehow the bad guy. This is beyond my ability to understand. It violates my sense of fairness.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Moderators

For 'country', substitute 'idiot politician'. Don't make the mistake of believing that Ahmedinejad speaks for the majority of the Iranian people, he doesn't. And in what is not really a functioning democracy, it's not as easy as voting him out either.

Truth is important

For 'country', substitute 'idiot politician'. Don't make the mistake of believing that Ahmedinejad speaks for the majority of the Iranian people, he doesn't. And in what is not really a functioning democracy, it's not as easy as voting him out either.
When your mom takes you over to her friend's home for dinner and she tells her that you love spinach when you actually hate spinach, she IS speaking for you,like it or not!And what are you going to do about it?

• Moderators
  • Members

it's not as easy as voting him out either.

Yeah they tried that already and it didn't work out to well.

phkrause

So, you're basically admitting that "idiotic politician" is the equivalent of "country" in the case of Iran as it is not a functioning democracy. Plus, as Arab/Muslim is the equivalent, in many cases, to anti-Semite it further adds credence to "idiot politician" being the equivalent of "country".

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• 1 month later...

They have been working hard to get Iran to strike first, and they haven't succeded yet. Iran knows who the troubler is over there and if at all possible I see them holding off to make the first strike.

Many nations, us and Israel have certainly threw enough at them to get them to strike first.

All need to know when it happens and it will Iran is not going to be alone. Many know too much about Israel to be with them.

I don't want to see it happen and very sure it will, Israel is frothing at the mouth.

As I read Daniel 11, Iran sinks some of our ships in the Gulf and things go down from there.

Iran and N. Korea have been accused of sharing missile technology. N. Korea is provoking S. K. it might be a trigger that draws Iran and US into conflict?

His child Henry 

Israel - Iran or N Korea?

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

If the US is lured into N. Korea, that might be the catalyst for Iran to attack US fleet in Persian Gulf.

I expect the latter to happen no matter what ever else is going on at the time.

His child Henry 

Israel is toast, no matter who fires the first shot and it is not dependant on who is President or what party is in power. They have been living under the curse they pronounced upon themselves, "His blood on us and our children".

Seventh-day Adventists keep jumping the gun on this "beast" and "Catholic" thing, give it time. Look for the waymarks along the way, your reading the last chapter already!

What happened in Daniel 11 before 45 is now "history", your looking for waymarks and signs that have already unfolded. It's a red herring, needful to establish the accuracy of the prophecy. Needful to establish the way marks in the time frame of history, but all those previous verses are done, over, they are history now.

Verse 45 IS the question that needs to be considered. WHO or WHAT power is going to set itself up in the smoking, burning, desolated, filled with bodies land of "toasted" Israel? THAT is the question!

Many today conclude it will be the Papacy, don't jump the gun on that. Some say thats what James White said, yeah, he had an opinion, just like a 1,000 good biblical scholars with deep prophecy knowledge also have an "opinion". I have an opinion too. Like James White, I never wrote a book. I never laid out my position in a clear way that could be studied and analyzed. Brother White skipped to the last chapter!

Uriah Smith, on the other hand, DID write a book! A book that Ellen White said would remain relevant right to the close of probation. Interesting how THAT book has come under whithering fire and conflict and denigration from those within the CHURCH no less!

Look at Turkey again. WHAT IF, they become the "head" of an Islamic state? WHAT IF they are the Nation that will bring together the Islamists in a unified way? Definitely cannot be discounted! WHAT IF, Turkey, with the support of Iran, Afghans, Pakistan and so many others then moves into "smoking and wasted" Israel to set up the "Caliphate"? Caliphate, the HQ of Islam. You know, you guys need to take a second look at the just what Uriah Smith had to say. Did he "nail it"? Maybe not in every detail, but he's a LOT closer than many are today!

Caliphate in Israel may well be verse 45. What do you think the Christian reaction to THAT will be? NOW you can consider the last chapter of this saga and the NEXT verse that follows verse 45, 12:1. Which is, "Michael stands up". Probation is ended, seven last plagues begin, "history" is now closed!

How much time between verse 45 (Caliphate) and 12:1 (end of probation)? The last events will be rapid ones.

Originally Posted By: BobRyan

If the US is lured into N. Korea, that might be the catalyst for Iran to attack US fleet in Persian Gulf.

I expect the latter to happen no matter what ever else is going on at the time.

I think it is pretty much guaranteed that nuclear powers will not go to war against each other - and I think Iran knows it - which means that Iran knows they would suffer heavy damage over a 10 or 20 day period of time should they attack US fleets and there would be nothing but UN pressure left to stop it.

I think their strategy is to do all the damage they can do short of an outright attack on the U.S.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Seventh-day Adventists keep jumping the gun on this "beast" and "Catholic" thing, give it time. Look for the waymarks along the way, your reading the last chapter already!

What happened in Daniel 11 before 45 is now "history", your looking for waymarks and signs that have already unfolded. It's a red herring, needful to establish the accuracy of the prophecy. Needful to establish the way marks in the time frame of history, but all those previous verses are done, over, they are history now.

Verse 45 IS the question that needs to be considered. WHO or WHAT power is going to set itself up in the smoking, burning, desolated, filled with bodies land of "toasted" Israel? THAT is the question...

As it is written:"Let us read and study the 12th chapter of Daniel. It is a warning we shall all need to understand before the time of the end." EGW - Letter 161 July 30, 1903

So it can be said about chapter 11 as well when it repeats. We are on the second and final go around and at vs. 31-36 now that we made it through 43.

That's how I read it.

So we are probably on different pages or even in different books.

His child Henry