ClubAdventist is back!

What happens December 2012?

BobRyan

• Moderators

I'm a classical music fan and don't care much for "Gangnam Style", but I thought this was funny. Or creepy. Take your pick.

AJ

You don't like gangnam style? Why? I'm trying to get our praise team to do it Christmas Sabbath.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BobRyan

• phkrause

• Bravus

• Naomi

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: aldona

I'm a classical music fan and don't care much for "Gangnam Style", but I thought this was funny. Or creepy. Take your pick.

AJ

You don't like gangnam style? Why? I'm trying to get our praise team to do it Christmas Sabbath.

Now I am beginning to feel old...not sure what "Gangnam style" is...nor, for that matter, how to pronoun that word....I think I am becoming my grandparents when they heard country music as the norm and were confused when "rock n roll" was the norm,,,,,

So, is this gangnam style like when MC Hammer gets up and does his dance routine?? or am I still a decade behind???

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

So, is this gangnam style like when MC Hammer gets up and does his dance routine?? or am I still a decade behind???

Yeah, like that but perhaps you are two decades behind. MC hammer was big in late 80's early 90's. fro3

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

A well written article about the topic of the Mayan calender and the end of the world in the December 2012 Signs of the Times by Ed Dickerson.

Originally Posted By: Neil D

Yeah, like that but perhaps you are two decades behind. MC hammer was big in late 80's early 90's. fro3

LOL

Originally Posted By: aldona

AJ

It's a catchy tune and the video is a light-hearted dig at the materialistic side of South Korean culture - but I guess I'm just not a big fan of pop music in general. It's OK for background music while shopping but it doesn't move me like a rousing performance of Handel's "Messiah" or even a Schubert piano sonata.

Each to their own, I guess.

Let us know how you go trying to get your praise team to introduce it at church! That's a bold move.

AJ

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not a prophet, but I can tell you that if your not here, it wont be because of some prediction outside of the Bible.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

I hope it won't be because the site's not working...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

I hope it won't be because the site's not working...

I think Gail that would happen before the other thing

phkrause

A 6 minute video that does not mention 2012 - but may have useful information, in general

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Members

HEY ALL

I THINK DEC 21 is the 1st day of winter

dgrimm60

dgrimm you got it, that must be what was predicted! :)

phkrause

Indeed - winter solstice. And Jan 3 is Earth's perihelion day.

• Moderators

I chose to snooze last night. Woke up to a beautiful December 22, and played a round of golf with my daughter and her boyfriend, and about 50 kangaroos. (The roos cheat.)

Embrace life and living, ignore false prophets and prophecies.

Truth is important

• Members

I chose to snooze last night. Woke up to a beautiful December 22, and played a round of golf with my daughter and her boyfriend, and about 50 kangaroos. (The roos cheat.)

Embrace life and living, ignore false prophets and prophecies.

I'm so relieved that your still among us Bravus. :)

phkrause

Post-apocalyptically speaking, I believe the public is densensitized everytime an exact doomsday prediction is made by either a Christian or non-Christiaan.

"Tomorrow will be like today only more so" Is 56:10-14 is an old saying as it turns out.

We are told that "EVERY calamity... is a SIGN that the END is NEAR" - we need not try to "guess" if it is this one or that one.

And the judgment of the living will come "as a thief" upon the people of God just as the 7 last plagues and 2nd coming - comes as a "Thief in the night" upon the world itself.

Therefore as Peter says in 2Pet 1:13 "I always consider it right to stir you up".

No one has given Dec 21,2012 as a Bible predicted date - but we have been proclaiming that the "end is near" every year.

in Christ,

Bob

Still here...

Indeed we are.

Good thing my OP did not say "hey - I think the Mayans may indeed be the true prophets of God, and the SDA view looks like it might be completely wrong. I suppose it is the Mayans that have the right view of the end of the world" -- cool1

in Christ,

Bob

• Members

As always it turns out once again that "Faith in the Bible" is the right way to go.

phkrause

BOBRYAN

I guess is is always good to believe the bible and GOD

dgrimm60

Indeed. But IF the OP had started off with "hey I think the Mayans are the ones that probably have the right view of the end times - and not what SDAS have found from our study of the Bible" -- it would have been "problematic". bwink

• Moderators

Good thing my OP did not say "hey - I think the Mayans may indeed be the true prophets of God, and the SDA view looks like it might be completely wrong. I suppose it is the Mayans that have the right view of the end of the world"

Your OP did, however, call those who (rightly, as it turned out) ignore such alarums "those who choose to snooze". Need to make up your mind. Snoozing is *exactly* the right approach through these false alarms.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Yes: and a pretty dumb one. The Mayans did *not* prophesy anything about the end of the world. They just ran out of space on the stone.

Truth is important