ClubAdventist is back!

What makes your faith stronger?

Stan

One of my is reading, and reflecting a few chapters of the Bible at a time.

I am currently reading Counsel to Writers and Editors, very very powerful on uplifting Christ in everything we do.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Members

It seems to me that as our walk with the Lord gets closer and closer so does our Faith. Because we are getting to know him more and more each day. I know that my Faith has definitely got stronger since I lost my job, home, savings, etc. We have to depend on someone much more than we did before and who better to have to depend on that our Lord and Savior.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

I am currently reading Counsel to Writers and Editors, very very powerful on uplifting Christ in everything we do.

Yes, I agree with Dottie and know very well where Pkrause is coming from.

Music is a big thing for me ... if I listen to secular music I find myself taking my eyes (mind) away from Christ. If I play good christian music in my home, automobile and office I feel stronger in my faith. Our mind is a sophisticated computer that satan would love to control, GI/GO, it is so easy for me to become sidetracked if I allow garbage into my conversations, reading materials, listening etc.

My faith becomes very weak if I say a quick prayer in the morning, at meals and evening and only talk about it or think about God one day a week.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

Somebody I know sold you that book... :)

I love her books! They make me love God more and want to help others love Jesus more, too

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I agree about the exercise of faith- taking God's word and living by it and enjoying the peace and blessing thereby.

Waiting on God to sort out a dilemma and having things turn out better than you expected also helps faith to grow. I love the look on people's faces as they tell me of such experiences. There were two such commentaries that came my way last week- the people telling me about them couldn't hide their excitement from their faces!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

"Hearing" God respond to my prayers (in quotes cuz it's not audible in English - more like an impression or a download) really gives me the warm fuzzies towards God. Yesterday, someone was praying over me after church; and when they laid their hands on my head, I actually got a buzz of total joy and peace. I love and cherish those times!

On the rare occasions, I have witnessed or participated in healing or deliverance miracles. Let me tell you - those bring you permanently closer to God! When they happen, (like I said - rarely) it is like living in the Book of Acts! You never forget them! I wish they would happen more often; but then I would imagine we may take them for granted.

Quote:

Mainly the sense of deliverance, right after the fact, and when I'm reminded through thoughts expressed by others as they suggest particular texts that reveal God's willingness to carry me through and beyond the enemies reach.

" He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"

Revelation 22:20 NKJV

And because I am so weak.

"Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me."2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• 3 weeks later...

"Story of Redemption" also a great read.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Quote:

My faith is so pathetically weak that in my case the answer to Stan's question is "Almost anything."

beg

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________