ClubAdventist is back!

Supporters Of Obama Dump Nails at Tea Party Rally Parking Lot

Have to love the lefts view of tolerance and "can't we all get along"

Racine Tea Party Fires Up The Faithful

A cardboard cut-out of former Gov. and senate candidate Tommy Thompson was available for photo-ops at the Racine Tea Party rally on Saturday.

Volunteers man tables of literature available for rally participants on Saturday at the old Sam's Club on Regency West Drive.

This large sign greeted Racine Tea Party rally participants Saturday at the old Sam's Club on Regency West Drive.

As conservatives walked into the Racine Tea Party Rally for Jobs Saturday, they had the opportunity to stop at tables and pick up campaign literature for a variety of Republican candidates up for election and re-election on Nov. 6.

The Morrissette family from Oak Creek drove down for the Tea Party rally because son Matthew, 16, wants to be involved even though he can't vote. "I don't want my future messed up," he said. Photo is of Scott Morrissette and daughter Alyssa, 15.

Kathy Wepfer is a teacher with the Kenosha Unified School District who supports not just the Republican ticket of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan but also Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

Conservative radio talk show host James T. Harris emceed the Racine Tea Party rally on Saturday at the old Sam's Club on Regency West Drive. During his remarks, he put an empty chair on the stage next to the podium. "If not for this president, the Tea Party would not exist, but Wisconsin, I told you so," he said. "I told you that Wisconsin would be the harbinger of change. As it goes in Wisconsin, so it goes across the nation."

Racine Unified School District board candidate Scott Brownell leads the Racine Tea Party rally crowd in the national anthem Saturday.

U.S. Senator Ron Johnson greeted the crowd by also telling people it's time to take the country back. "I've been talking to everyone I know and perfect strangers, too, because we know what's at stake," he said. "I beg you, please don't let me wake up on Nov. 7 to hear that Tammy is our senator. We want Tommy, not Tammy. I ran two years ago because our 236-year-old experiment is precious and we can't lose it." Johnson said he believes Wisconsin voters can save America by voting for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. "I believe this election is about saving America and this election will come down to Wisconsin, to Racine and to each one of you," he stated.

This woman drove down from Plymouth to participate in the Racine Tea Party rally on Saturday at the old Sam's Club in Racine. She dressed like a Founding Father, and several people asked her to pose for photos with them.

Event organizers say supporters of President Barack Obama visited the parking lot of the old Sam's Club and dumped quantities of nails. Volunteers say they went through the parking lot and picked up as many nails as they could before people started arriving for the Racine Tea Party rally. Patch talked to two Racine police officers who would not confirm reports of a truck adorned with "Obama" stickers.

Videos

Upload Photos and Videos

The Tea Party faithful gathered Saturday for a loud and enthusiastic rally aimed at to getting out the vote on Nov. 6 and putting Republicans Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan in the White House.

A crowd of around 1,000 grew to about 2,500 at the rally, which took place inside the old Sam's Club on Regency West Drive.

The list of guest speakers was a Who's Who of conservative leaders — including local Republican state legislative candidates Pam Stevens and Tom Weatherston; and state Rep. Robin Vos; former Navy SEAL Chris Heben; U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson; Ryan's brother, Tobin Ryan; former Gov. Tommy Thompson; Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey; and conservative talk show host Vicki McKenna.

Before the event could get under way, though, organizers say a truck affixed with "Obama" stickers drove through the parking lot and dumped quantities of nails.

"We went outside and picked up what we could," said Lou D'Abbraccio, holding a cup filled with nails. "But this was just wrong."

Lora Halberstadt, a Tea party member, said the group did call the Racine Police Department to file a report.

Patch asked two RPD officers outside the venue if they could confirm the report, but they only said they couldn't comment about a truck. We have a message into the RPD and we will update this story when we hear back from them.

Each speaker touched on points where they think President Barack Obama and his administration has failed, but their message also echoed that of the Democrats: take advantage of early voting and get everyone you know, and even those you don't, to cast a ballot in what they called the most important election of our time.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman