ClubAdventist is back!

18 US states petition to secede after Obama's victory

OzarkWoman

• Moderators

I said: Are you saying that black people vote for different reasons than whites. They don't for the good of the country or try to pick the best leader but their priority is what they can get. Is that what you are saying?

Bonnie said: In this day and age,Yes

Bonnie was trying to suggest that black people voted for Obama because he's black and that they can get things. She agreed that she was saying that black people vote for different reasons that whites.

These are racist lies.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• OzarkWoman

• lazarus

• Tom Wetmore

• Moderators

OK everyone....want to about racism and/or race? Then start your own thread about it. How about talking about the states that have filed the petitions, which is what the thread is about. Always derailed by race and I am sick of it. I am sick of no matter what anyone says these days has to be racist if someone doesn't agree with you. STOP it and grow the heck up children!!!!

Ranting every five minutes does not help your case. Chill.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: OzarkWoman
OK everyone....want to about racism and/or race? Then start your own thread about it. How about talking about the states that have filed the petitions, which is what the thread is about. Always derailed by race and I am sick of it. I am sick of no matter what anyone says these days has to be racist if someone doesn't agree with you. STOP it and grow the heck up children!!!!

Ranting every five minutes does not help your case. Chill.

Nobody is ranting every 5 minutes. You are the one who needs to chill, you and the ones who wish to silence those of us who don't happen to agree with your world view.

I said: Are you saying that black people vote for different reasons than whites. They don't for the good of the country or try to pick the best leader but their priority is what they can get. Is that what you are saying?

Bonnie said: In this day and age,Yes

Bonnie was trying to suggest that black people voted for Obama because he's black and that they can get things. She agreed that she was saying that black people vote for different reasons that whites.

These are racist lies.

Regardless of how offended you want to sound I think you might find the words "white" in what I said.

Obama shows a distinct lack of what the majority of black people did stand for and do now.

Under Obama their unemployment is higher than for whites which is bad enough,considerably so.Typically the black community was conservative,more so than many white people. Gay marriage is against their traditional values,so is abortion on demand.Yet blacks have a higher abortion rate,higher number of children born out of wedlock. Traditionally blacks have been a hard working proud group of people.Now what is it they voted for him for?

The mind set of the above holds true across all racial lines so let's not pretend that hasn't been said.

Included in why Obama was re-elected are all skin colors. The poor have been elevated to a special class of people.Poverty is nothing new.Instead of the freebies another approach needs to be used

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators

Denial...

You started this thread about the current secessionist movement in reaction to Obama's reelection. The obvious connections have been observed that the epicenter of this movement is in the South, the same states for the most part in the epicenter of the secessions that helped launch the Civil War. To deny that race is a factor now is just as utterly silly as the nonsense that slavery of black people was not a factor, indeed the major reason, for the secession of the states in the Confederacy. Here is what I posted before:

Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore
Your post was a misinterpretation and ultimately a misrepresentation, of my reaction just like your "Lost Cause" theory (I wouldn't call it history...) of the "War of Northern Aggression".

For those that would appreciate an objective effort to sort out fact from wistful or wishful thinking of the Lost Cause revisionist history of the Civil War, here is an informative article - http://voices.yahoo.com/an-analysis-post-civil-war-attitudes-south-200830.html?cat=37

And yes, the author does have some credibility. He has a Masters in History, just like OzarkWoman. (Next, we can have a duel between Phd's in history...)

This Southern populist theory of the Civil War has basically been debunked by objective historians despite recent resurgence in some quarters reacting to the affront of having a black president of these United States. IMHO what we see now in this recent secessionist movement is a resurrection of idea that "The South WIll Rise Again."

and

Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore
And this perhaps help explain what really is at the heart of this secessionist movement - http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/map-pinpoints-election-online-hate-tweets-article-1.1199402

Racism by any other name is still racism. It's not because he is a Democrat or pushing a Democratic agenda. Its because he is a black democrat.

Let's not candy coat it as some romantic notion of state's rights or freedom or self rule or whatever.

You may not like all the talk about racism. But when the topic you started leads quite naturally to that topic, your efforts to change the subject will likely be in vain.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Here, you are wrong once more. Did you know it is up to 40 states now? That would include way more than just the southern states. You and some of the others just refuse to research before you post and then you show us all how little you know about the subject at hand, This has nothing to do with race, no matter how much you want it to.

The obvious connections have been observed that the epicenter of this movement is in the South, the same states for the most part in the epicenter of the secessions that helped launch the Civil War. To deny that race is a factor now is just as utterly silly as the nonsense that slavery of black people was not a factor, indeed the major reason, for the secession of the states in the Confederacy. Here is what I posted before:

Certainly odd that suddenly racism has taken hold and are upset that Obama was re-elected.

How did all these racists remain silent and now overpower the non-racist.

Any action taken by anyone that opposes Obama must be racist that is as far as your thinking goes.

Look to next posts for all those that woke up after the election and realized,

Oh My,we have a black president

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Amazing how blind people were.OOPs,the guy is black,he must go

White House ‘secede’ petitions reach 675,000 signatures,

Less than a week after a New Orleans suburbanite petitioned the White House to allow Louisiana to secede from the United States, petitions from seven states have collected enough signatures to trigger a promised review from the Obama administration.

By 6:00 a.m. EST Wednesday, more than 675,000 digital signatures appeared on 69 separate secession petitions covering all 50 states, according to a Daily Caller analysis of requests lodged with the White House’s “We the People” online petition system.

A petition from Vermont, where talk of secession is a regular feature of political life, was the final entry.

Petitions from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, Tennessee and Texas residents have accrued at least 25,000 signatures, the number the Obama administration says it will reward with a staff review of online proposals.

The Texas petition leads all others by a wide margin. Shortly before 9:00 a.m. EST Wednesday, it had attracted 94,700 signatures. But a spokesperson for Gov. Rick Perry said Tuesday afternoon that he does not support the idea of his state striking out on its own.

“Gov. Perry believes in the greatness of our Union and nothing should be done to change it. But he also shares the frustrations many Americans have with our federal government,” according to a statement from the governor’s office.

A backlash Monday night saw requests filed with the White House to strip citizenship rights from Americans who signed petitions to help states secede.

And in a similar nose-thumbing aimed at Texas’ conservative majority, progressives from the liberal state capital of Austin responded Monday with a petition to secede from their state if Texas as a whole should decide to leave the Union.

Ads by Google

Late Tuesday a second group of Texans, this one from Houston, lodged their own White House petition. Secession-minded Texans, they wrote, “are mentally deficient and [we] do not want them representing us. We would like more education in our state to eradicate their disease.”

Houstonian “Kimberly F” — The White House does not provide last names — submitted the petition. She told TheDC in an email that ”[w]e need both sides presented, or we all look like a bunch of fools.”

A group from El Paso, too, wants no part of an independent Texas. “Allow the city of El Paso to secede from the state of Texas,” their petition reads. “El Paso is tired of being a second class city within Texas.”

But smaller petitions like theirs are a political side show of a political side show. One effort, aimed at Missourians, called for a nationwide catered pizza party to celebrate when the Show Me State left the U.S. (RELATED: Pizza party! White House petition silliness gets cheesy)

States whose active petitions have not yet reached the 25,000 signature threshold include Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Ads by Google

Next Page

Is the White House paying attention? A spokesman won't say.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/14/white-.../#ixzz2CD572nmb

Quote:
These are racist lies.

And you know that to be true across the board, why? Or how?

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

God blesses! peace

They are logically shown to be untrue.

Einstein

• Moderators

Don't like the election results lets break up the country. No wonder the right wing lot the election.

Einstein

• Moderators

Deport everyone who signed the petition!!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...merica/dmQl1bXL

Ha ha ha

Einstein

Don't like the election results lets break up the country. No wonder the right wing lot the election.

It is nothing but a statement and the people are allowed to do just that if they feel. It is still kind of freedom of speech in this country. Not sure how ,long that will last, though.

Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost

God blesses! peace

They are logically shown to be untrue.

Not true, but I understand about not letting facts getting in the way.

Not true, but I understand about not letting facts getting in the way.

Well,could be true if you accept certain logic as gospel.

Those that oppose Obama do so because of racism.

Those that support him do so for???

Still trying to figure that out as the staunch supporters seem to have lost their teleprompter