ClubAdventist is back!

Hamas kills its own with friendly fire

BobRyan

http://twitchy.com/2012/11/19/hamas-is-wrecking-gaza-with-friendly-fire/

Friendly fire on Gaza by Hamas being used as propaganda against Israel.

Quote:

A CNN video blaming Israel for the boy’s death can be viewed here.

But as the UK Telegraph noted over the weekend, Sadallah was probably the victim of a Hamas rocket:

Quote:

[T]here were signs on Saturday that not all the Palestinian casualties have been the result of Israeli air strikes. The highly publicised death of four-year-old Mohammed Sadallah appeared to have been the result of a misfiring home-made rocket, not a bomb dropped by Israel.

The child’s death on Friday figured prominently in media coverage after Hisham Kandil, the Egyptian prime minister, was filmed lifting his dead body out of an ambulance. “The boy, the martyr, whose blood is still on my hands and clothes, is something that we cannot keep silent about,” he said, before promising to defend the Palestinian people.

But experts from the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights who visited the site on Saturday said they believed that the explosion was caused by a Palestinian rocket.

To date, it does not appear that any international media have asked Haniyeh about the 216 Hamas weapons apparently fired into Gaza, or how many of the dead and injured in Gaza are the result of “friendly fire.”

I looked at CNN reporting on Israel - it was all negative. 900 rockets fired at Israel not even in honorable mention category.

Is this surprising?

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Moderators

I looked at CNN reporting on Israel - it was all negative. 900 rockets fired at Israel not even in honorable mention category.

Is this surprising?

Why would the reporting on Israel 's actions here be positive?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

Of course its gonna be negative, they don't claim to be religious!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Originally Posted By: BobRyan

Is this surprising?

Why would the reporting on Israel 's actions here be positive?

Well there was that whole thing about defending themselves a-mid that 900 rocket shower being graciously provided for them.

I am thinking that none of us would want 900 rockets sent our way - but maybe that is just me.

in Christ,

Bob

• Moderators

Well there was that whole thing about defending themselves a-mid that 900 rocket shower being graciously provided for them.

I am thinking that none of us would want 900 rockets sent our way - but maybe that is just me.

Bob

None of us would want our children killed they sleep in their beds either. The calculation is that they are only Palestinian children so it's not that bad.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Not so - the issue is that Hamas is broadcasting the death of a Palestinian child killed by their own rockets - as if this is the way to blame Israel.

• Moderators

Not so - the issue is that Hamas is broadcasting the death of a Palestinian child killed by their own rockets - as if this is the way to blame Israel.

For the child who died it does not matter who actually fired the missile. I guess supporters of Israel are upset that they got the blame for a child that they didn't actually kill.

Einstein

It is a bit inconvenient for someone to blame you for killing a child that you did not kill. We can all lament that anyone on any side would ever fire a rocket or that anyone might get killed - especially civilians not engaged in the fight to start with.

I think that is the common thread.

• Moderators

It is a bit inconvenient for someone to blame you for killing a child that you did not kill.

A blocked toilet during Thanksgiving is a bit inconvenient. Puzzling choice of words IMHO.

Einstein

• Moderators

One child may have been killed by a Hamas rocket (but consider the source of the report). But how many have been killed by Israeli missiles?

What is truly telling is what small subsection of the entire picture is focused on...

Truth is important

Originally Posted By: BobRyan

Bob

None of us would want our children killed they sleep in their beds either. The calculation is that they are only Palestinian children so it's not that bad.

OMG!!! I can't believe that you believe all of that propaganda. War is HELL!!! Maybe the Hamas should have thought have thought about their children before starting the whole thing in the first place. People, including children, get killed during war. Such is War!!!

I don't astonish easily, but the pro-muslim anti-Israel sentiments in response to Bob's reasonable report is pretty bizarre.

rejoice always,

`G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

No. *Balanced* sentiments. Human beings are dying on both sides. What is bizarre is the notion that only the Jewish ones matter.

Truth is important

• Members

No. *Balanced* sentiments. Human beings are dying on both sides. What is bizarre is the notion that only the Jewish ones matter.

I definitely agree with you on the words I have put into bold type. But very much disagree with the rest. I watch the news pretty much everyday and most talk about how many Palestinians have died, especially the children, and basically in a after thought say "Oh and a few Jewish children have died." And usually not saying that the Jewish state has a right to defend themselves, only that they out man the opposition with firepower. Which I believe if they didn't they would no longer be, and it seems many would be very happy about that. Golda Meir made a great statement, she once said: "Peace will come when the Arabs love their children more than they hate us." If you didn't know this before let me say this, that most if not all Palestinian children when born are taught to hate all Jews. Yet Jewish children when born are taught to be the best they can be in life.

phkrause

What is bizarre to me is that popular news outlets like CNN only report the Palestinian POV rather than a "deaths on either side is a bad thing - how do we solve it?" POV.

They have article after article presented "as if" balanced -- that only presents Palestinian suffering -- as if 900 rockets fired at Israel are really not much to think about at all.

200 rockets in 24 hours recently

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=292806

I understand why Israel would report it - why wouldn't CNN?

in Christ,

Bob

Wouldn't it be neat if we had news agencies that gave you the full picture on both sides and then let the reader decide?

• Members

Wouldn't it be neat if we had news agencies that gave you the full picture on both sides and then let the reader decide?

After watching and listening for the past 11+ years to CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc., I have found NPR to be pretty much an even keal(sp) show. They have both sides to any issue say there piece.

phkrause

• Moderators

News flash: America's broken media is not the issue here.

I don't watch it and don't care about it.

Human violence is the issue: and no-one has clean hands.

Truth is important

Human violence - is often reported to us via the news - so a skewed report does affect what we know about a given conflict in far away regions of earth.

• Moderators

As I watch the situation in Gaza and the West bank I'm reminded of South Africa. I'm hopeful that liberation will come for the Palestinians soon. History seems to indicate that some time sooner or later the yoke of oppression is overthrown. It's often violent and bloody but that is the price of freedom.

Einstein