ClubAdventist is back!

What do you do with a 7 year old.......

M. T. Cross

What do you do with a 7 year old that in the past 6 months has shown an interest in nuclear fission, quantum physics, and cloning.

I am both learning a lot and getting really bad headaches trying to keep up with my sons intellectual interests LOL

Last time we watched a hockey game together he went on a 15 minute rant about how they should all be nicer to each other.

Hockey is the one area he and I just don't see eye to eye LOL

That is actually something my wife and I have been looking into for him Cricket. I think he would love it.

He is also obsessed with weather patterns and extreme weather. Sandy just about had him falling over himself.

Take him to the science section of your local library and let him explore to his heart's content. :)

There are tons of books and videos available, both informational and with experiments he'd like.

In all seriousness, have his IQ checked. The child may need some special/extra education. If he is has the kind of IQ to absorbe and think about things you could have some problems with an ordinary school education. I don't really see how such interest would be 'normal', as compared to his peers, for such thinking processes. Get him what he needs!!! We can always use more Einsteins, Hawkins, etc!!

What do you do with a 7 year old that in the past 6 months has shown an interest in nuclear fission, quantum physics, and cloning.

I am both learning a lot and getting really bad headaches trying to keep up with my sons intellectual interests LOL

Keep them entertained - show them some clips of cold fusion experiments etc. What can it hurt?

It is not like they are doing the math.

Here is a great clip for a really inquisitive child.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

5 Seconds are up - so no editing that last post --- but I would add - that it demonstrates how atheists think of the Cosmos. And even they end up (in this video) back at the start - with a higher intelligence - an all wise all knowing intelligence that creates everything.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Administrators

Give him the resources to follow his muse and he will go far. My son, the walking encyclopedia, is now in college. He asked me to help him review for an up coming test in genetics. The particular anticipated question he was prepping for was what I think was the DNA process from RNA to protein, or something like that. He was reviewing a 3 page densely worded set of a few dozen steps of the process. (He said it was the simplified version...) I was lost at the first bullet point...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)