ClubAdventist is back!

Has the RNC Become a Criminal Racket? Investigate, and Fire Boehner!

by Mark Horne

Many conservatives have noticed how GOP actions seem like the opposite of what GOP voters want. Boehner’s recent move against genuinely conservative Republicans has started what will hopefully be a revolution—or perhaps, a counter-revolution.

Today, the top conservative blog (for now; we’re working on overtaking them) Redstate called for stripping John Boehner of his speakership: “Fire Boehner: We Only Need 16 Votes to Depose Boehner.”

“Boehner and the House GOP Steering Committee decided to purge four conservative House members from their committee. Congressmen Justin Amash and Tim Huelskamp were removed from the House Budget Committee, and Congressmen David Schweikert and Walter Jones were cut from the Financial Services Committee. Amash, Huelskamp, and Schweikert were targeted because they were too fiscally conservative—all three have voted against Boehner’s debt ceiling hikes. Amash and Huelskamp were the only two GOP votes against House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan’s budget. Amash explained that vote at yesterday’s Bloggers’ Briefing at the Heritage Foundation, ‘It’s unacceptable to have unbalanced budgets until 2040.’

For anyone outside of DC, this statement seems obvious. Only in Washington is balancing the budget radical.”

Not only is it radical, it is robbery from the ruling class—which expects the public to sell their children into hock while they game the system and fatten bank accounts through the various “stimulated industries,” lucrative offices, and contracted services that the borrowed money provides. Boehner represents the Locust class and they aren’t ready to admit that the life has been stripped out of the land yet.

The Redstate blog post points out that, to be elected speaker, Boehner needs 218 votes. If only sixteen House Republicans abstained from voting, Boehner would not be electable. Then they could demand someone else

But Boehner is not the only problem. It is even possible that the ruling class has corrupted the Republican National Committee beyond any usefulness. That seems to be the thesis of Craig Shirley, a former Reagan aid. Shirley is interviewed in The American Spectator because he believes the RNC has become a racket:

“Eric Hoffer once said all great causes evolved into businesses and eventually descend into a racket. The Republican Party appears to many to be a racket with no organizing philosophy except bashing Obama for the cynical purposes of raising money.”

He wants a public “Blue Ribbon Commission” to audit the RNC:

“There have been more and more investigative stories detailing excessive amounts of monies, dummy corporations, interlocking directorates, crony consultants and the such that suggest potentially massive problems in and around the Republican Party. There is not just smoke anymore but fire as well. The Blue Ribbon Commission would have to be headed by men and women of unshakeable principles and ethics, who know the business and who know how to probe the RNC, the contractors and vendors and are not afraid of the truth.

They would have full autonomy and I would also give them the authority to tell all outside consultants if they do not co-operate, they will face a multi-year ban on any party contracting. A report would be generated and released publicly. Names would be named. The party will never get ahead of its problems and the rumors and stories of corruption without a thorough air clearing.”

I don’t agree with everything that Shirley recommends, but I do have doubts about the RNC that it exists to divert my energy and money from better causes into its own coffers. I would love to see a thorough financial audit and I would love to see almost anyone but Boehner become Speaker of the House.

http://politicaloutcast.com/2012/12/has-.../#ixzz2EJTHbAds