ClubAdventist is back!

What would you view Adventism's biggest gift to Christianity?

Stan

I agree Stan. Correlary to that would be the conditional (vs. unconditional) immortality of the soul. Being raised Catholic, the prospect of committing a "mortal sin" and the associated fear of dying before being absolved (hence suffering forever in eternal hellfire) was scary. Don't take this wrong, but I am actually comforted by the befief that, if I don't "make the cut" at the 2nd Coming, my eternal demise will come quickly.

I also am comforted by the idea that my dear grandma wasn't looking down on my from heaven when I was being a "bad boy.

bwink

• Moderators

The emphasis on the second coming rather than on going immediately to heaven after death.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

What should be Adventism's biggest gift to the world?

A demonstration of unity in Christ's love, showing that Christ's prayer can be a reality, as He said in John 17: 21--

...that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

I think it is biblical view of Hell Fire...

Thoughts?

I think that's a good one. Also think the Sabbath, not just the part about going to church every 7th day, but how it brings us closer to God.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Members

What would you view Adventism's SINGLE biggest gift to Christianity?

Thoughts?

I think you are right, Stan ... the majority of Christians in the world believe that final punishment never ends - and the resulting FEAR has been one of the primary motivating reasons to convince people to "stay in line" ....

(but Tofurky also comes to mind...)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Margaret says it is Ruskets, closely followed by a sincere cup of Postum.

LOL rollingsmile

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

I believe it is the understanding of the Sanctuary. There you have the clarification of the nature of hell, the sequence of events of Christ's second coming, and the hope of what Christ is doing for us to prepare us for his appearing. There is made known the work of the Holy Spirit, the the Father and the Son for humanity. I love the Priesthood of Christ and all believers.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

The Great Controversy Between Christ and Satan (I really wish the whole name was still used on every copy put out there). The shorter name kind of gives the impression we are in a controversy with Catholics.

We fight, wrestle not against flesh and blood but, ... not even the Pope

The great controversy over what God is like, and the way He runs His Government, could and should be our greatest gift to the world. It puts a whole different spin on most if not all our doctrines. Sabbath, Sanctuary, Hell, State of the Dead, Immortality of the Soul, Redemption, and all the rest.

• Members

I like that one Richard, because that's exactly what its all about. thumbsup

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

How about Nathan Greene's wonderful artwork?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

But yeah, the viewpoints of the 5 "S" doctrines- state of the dead, second coming, sanctuary, Sabbath and the Spirit of Prophecy

I like them all :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

"The great controversy over what God is like, and the way He runs His Government, could and should be our greatest gift to the world. It puts a whole different spin on most if not all our doctrines. Sabbath, Sanctuary, Hell, State of the Dead, Immortality of the Soul, Redemption, and all the rest." As stated by Tobiwan

I thank it would be the health message, also our hospitals around the world our doing a great work. The publishing work is also a great influence. Also it's members are its best asset to there own little world around them, Chang the world around you and you can make a difference.

Steve Shelly

What would you view Adventism's SINGLE biggest gift to Christianity?

Thoughts?

I think it is the documented, officially voted mission of the Adventist Church - the proclamation of the 3 Angel's messages.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Wow!!!!!

It is "Documented, official, and voted" Should we even be suggesting there might be another answer? Any risk of being "churched" ? Any wiggle room to get mission and gift combined?

IMO

To take the 3rd message and present it in the light of the great controversy between Christ and Satan over what God is like and how He runs His government, is indeed a nobel mission. It would also be a fantastic gift for the whole world.

Mission possible!!!!!!

All in favor......?

• Administrators

When i was not SDA, i was still "christian" in a sense, and the greatest gift of the SDA church to me was Christians who really showed me the love of God.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.