ClubAdventist is back!

What's Going On With Our Youths ?

Woody

Went to a concert last night put on by Fountainview Academy. Their entire Orchestra and Choir put on a fabulous Christmas Concert.

My question is: How is it that our youths have become SO talented. I was totally blow out by the quality and sincerity of the students. I don't recall such talent when I was in the academy. I was in all of the choirs and singing groups. But hey - I was not this talented.

Is it just that Canadians have us Americans beat out? Or why is it that they are so talented. They are planning to go to the Holy Lands this coming summer. Man o Man. This group is seriously big time.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

They are talented because they work at it...

It is a very conservative school. The kids might not be as well versed in worldly bands or TV shows or movies but the students and teachers I know from there are wonderfully spiritual people.

Some of the students have studied music for many years, far longer than the years they have spent at the school. One doesn't get to be really good on the violin overnight. :)

When they were here on Dec.1, they played to a full house in the huge Pentacostal church. I read on Facebook afterward that 200 cars were turned away.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

It is a very conservative school. The kids might not be as well versed in worldly bands or TV shows or movies but the students and teachers I know from there are wonderfully spiritual people.

Some of the students have studied music for many years, far longer than the years they have spent at the school. One doesn't get to be really good on the violin overnight. :)

When they were here on Dec.1, they played to a full house in the huge Pentacostal church. I read on Facebook afterward that 200 cars were turned away.

Well all I can say is that I was extremely impressed. ANd it takes a LOT to impress me. lol. And the sanctuary was packed full. I fear that if the Fire Inspector had been there - he would have kicked half of the people out. They had put out so many extra chairs that it was a fire trap. Rather difficult to even exit.

I believe in Hematology.

GOOD.

Baird Corrigan et al must be doing a good job.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Quote:

It is a very conservative school.

Whoops. If I had known this - I would not have been so gracious with my praise. LOL. Seriously though - I don't get the same feeling with this group as I would say with a conservative group like the clones that GYC is making.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

like the clones that GYC is making.

LOL. Do GYC'ers even do the Christmas thing?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Went to a concert last night put on by Fountainview Academy. Their entire Orchestra and Choir put on a fabulous Christmas Concert.

My question is: How is it that our youths have become SO talented. I was totally blow out by the quality and sincerity of the students. I don't recall such talent when I was in the academy. I was in all of the choirs and singing groups. But hey - I was not this talented.

Is it just that Canadians have us Americans beat out? Or why is it that they are so talented. They are planning to go to the Holy Lands this coming summer. Man o Man. This group is seriously big time.

About 1/2 of the kids that go there are americans. There is a waiting list to get into that school, it is Adventist education 2.0,

They are a class act. One of the best videos is their Christmas one, totally produced by the kids in the Audio/visual program the school offers.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Originally Posted By: Woody
like the clones that GYC is making.

LOL. Do GYC'ers even do the Christmas thing?

You guys that have never participated in GYC, might try supporting these excellent young people rather than your own version of Statler & Waldorf.

Or just go to one,

G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

You guys that have never participated in GYC, might try supporting these excellent young people

So...... do GYC'ers do Christmas? I would go to a GYC Christmas concert with an orchestra and a rendition if Stille Nacht.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I praise God for GYC. Some of those who have not been there - seem to be at a loss to understand it -- except that they know it is "not liberal" and chooses instead to hold to the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church.

Sadly the result for some - is that this puts GYC in the "bad-youth" category.

And yet this denomination was primarily started by young adults - so it is only fitting that GYC should be leading out.

Praise God!

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Moderators

I praise God for GYC. Some of those who have not been there - seem to be at a loss to understand it -- except that they know it is "not liberal" and chooses instead to hold to the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church.

GYC does not take much understanding. I know a bunch of kids who go to GYC events. My niece and nephew go. They enjoy the events but maintain their balance.

The fundamental challenge is your perception that liberal is bad and GYC is good. GYC adventist and the others not. If its not the GYC way then its not the SDA way. Adventism has always been more than hymns, long dresses and Ellen White quotes.

Quote:
Sadly the result for some - is that this puts GYC in the "bad-youth" category.

Good kids involved in GYC. Some of the leadership perspectives are distorted I think.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: BobRyan

GYC does not take much understanding.

I suppose at this point we are to take the word of someone who has never been to a single GYC session?

Fascinating.

Well -- having been a few times myself - I think I will stick with what I actually saw.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Moderators

I suppose at this point we are to take the word of someone who has never been to a single GYC session?

You don't have to take my word, never asked you to do that.

Einstein