ClubAdventist is back!

Prayer Request

Dr. Shane

Yesterday my mother was diagnosed with colon cancer and they performed an emergency surgery last night that last 5 1/2 hours. I don't know much more than that. She is 62 years old and has never been in real good health.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Shane,

I'm very sorry to hear that. My mother died of cancer when I was in my late twenties. My heart aches for the pain I know you are going through. When she was so terribly ill, and then again when she died, I felt as though the very foundation had been cut out from under my feet.

I remember thinking, "But.... I'm not ready to be the grown-up yet!" which was ludicrous considering I hadn't lived at home for 10 years, was married, and had two children... and was already grappling with the beginnings of my husband's health problems.

I think... we are never ready to see our parents' weakness, more especially so when we must also see them suffer. I am so sorry you and your family are having to go through this. I thank Jesus that He is there to walk it out with you.

Abba, place Your hands over this family. You know their needs, each and every one. You know the state of their hearts, of their faith, and You alone know what is best in every situation. I know Your heart of compassion weeps when one of Your children is hurt, is sick, and weary.

Oh Jesus... How weary we do be of this decaying, death-filled world. We acknowledge Your sovreignty, and long for You to claim Your inheritance. The adversary has reigned long enough. We see his way to be death, corruption, and sorrow.

Jesus, You are the Master Physician. We are told in Isaiah that with Your stripes we are healed... and You withstood so many, Jesus. Scourged and striped not once, but twice. Jesus, please reach out and touch Shane's mama. Shane follows you... He is sincere in all he asks, all he walks out for You. Touch his mama with Your healing according to Your perfect will in his life and his mama's life.

Jesus, this family's heart do be aching. There be worry and fretting, for they are human. Touch each heart with True Jesus peace, let them know You are in control, and no matter the outcome, You don't make mistakes.

Time do be so very short Jesus. Do what must be done that families stand whole and complete before You on the day of Your return. Grant healing, peace, and comfort according to Your perfect plan. Guide the doctor's hands, minds, and decisions to act and decide only in according with Your will.

And whatever the outcome, Jesus thank You for Your care and compassion. Thank You for caring about the intimate details of our lives and delighting in us. Thank You for all this, and salvation too.

In Jesus Name I ask these things.

Clio DOVE.gif

A heart where He alone has first place.

• Administrators

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Shane said:

Yesterday my mother was diagnosed with colon cancer and they performed an emergency surgery last night that last 5 1/2 hours. I don't know much more than that. She is 62 years old and has never been in real good health.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

That's awful, Shane. I hope that she is up and around soon. I've had 2 relatives that lost their colons to cancer and that was many years ago and they have since led normal lives. I do pray that this will be the case with your mom.

How is your relationship with her now? (You have disclosed a bit on the board about your mom) Is there anything besides the health issue that you would like us to pray for specifically?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Shane,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother's health issues. I will be praying that the Dr's did their jobs well and she will have many years of good health ahead.

There is an old belief that "death begins in the colon" so perhaps if the operation is a success her life long poor health will improve.

Your mother, you and all of your family shall be in my prayers.

Please keep us updated.

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

The cancer spread to her lymph nodes and they didn't get all of it out of her intestine. She is not gaining her strength back. They had to give her two units of blood last night. They plan on starting chemotheropy in 30 days. She has had two local pastors come and visit her.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

Dear Lord, please accept our prayer on behalf of Shane's mother, for we lift her up before You. I pray that Your Spirit may go with Shane and the other family members and the doctors who treat her.

I pray, Lord, that Your name will be exalted in this situation, no matter the outcome. It looks scary from our perspective, but nothing is impossible for You. We trust this sister to Your hands, that all may be well and at peace. In Jesus' name we pray, thanking You for all things and praising You

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Shane I am so sorry to hear about this turn of events for your mother. You and she will be in my prayers.

Clio 1_prayer001.gif

A heart where He alone has first place.