ClubAdventist is back!

Would you marry a Black Person if you are White?

Woody

Some time ago - I was told that it's racism to not want to marry a black woman.

Got me to thinkin' --

Is it racist then to be born White?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Got me to thinkin' --

According to some political vernacular, it is.

As for marrying - As I am already married, it is a moot point for me.

For those who can work around the culture differences, interracial marriage is no sin.

Marrying because of race...whether not to marry because of race, or to marry to prove one isn't a racist - can be construed as sin, depending how one wishes to construct their arguments.

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Got me to thinkin' --

Is it racist then to be born White? No.

• Members

Got me to thinkin' --

I would say absolutely not. But I do think it depends on the reason!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I am attracted to women of all varieties. Marrying outside of my "race" would be no big deal as long as the woman in question did not have a problem with my cultural pride - just as I would not have a problem with hers.

What some call racism is actually culturalism. I am a culturalist. I believe that some cultures are superior to others.

The oriental culture for instance, has a superior commitment to education.

But back to the marryin thing - I don't think it is a big deal as long as both individuals are marrying for the right reasons.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

What some call racism is actually culturalism. I am a culturalist. I believe that some cultures are superior to others.

The oriental culture for instance, has a superior commitment to education.

But back to the marryin thing - I don't think it is a big deal as long as both individuals are marrying for the right reasons.

I have to agree with this for the most part. I am not sure I would say some are superior, but there are cultures that I just can not understand, that I for the most part do not like. Has absolutely zero to do with the colour of their skin tho.

Back when I was single I wondered. Never fell in love with a person of the "apposite" race. Now, that being said, I have discussed this with my friends who are still single, and it has come to our conclusion that in our circle of friends it is comfortable to marry half-race based. What that means is, someone who is white would feel comfortable marrying indian/hispanic/brown, and someone who is black would also feel comfortable marrying indian/hispanic/brown, but not all the way. Again, not scientific, not truth, not right, not wrong, just our personal feelings.

Just a different way of looking at it, I don't believe there is anything wrong with marrying someone of any race, I certainly am not Chinese... (IF you don't know what I mean, I have known far too many pure blood Chinese who refuse to allow their children to marry any other race...)

-Jason

Youtube.com/narcah

• Moderators

Of course it is! Whites have been shown to have a genetic disposition towards that kind of behavior.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:
Of course it is!(some) Whites have been shown to have a genetic disposition towards that kind of behavior.

The same with (some) blacks. Parenthesis mine LHC

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

(could make the question in the OP more general: "would you marry a person of a different race?")

I'd like to think, if the situation ever arose, that I'd fall in love with a person and race would be irrelevant to me.

Being realistic, I'd know others would think it was relevant, so there'd be some extra challenges. But no marriage is easy, they all have their challenges.

Truth is important

Originally Posted By: Woody

Of course it is! Whites have been shown to have a genetic disposition towards that kind of behavior.

LOLLOLLOL That's GREAT LOL

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Quote:
But no marriage is easy

And whose responsible for that?

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.Matthew 11:28-29 NLT

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Originally Posted By: Woody

Seriously? I mean...seriously?!

I'd like to take a pause here and reflect on what's just been said; and by who; and in what tone; and in what manner. A time to just step out of the conversation and look at what's really just happened.

If this conversation had happened in a photographic negative, what would have been the outcome?

And if the photographic negative of the conversation happened in a church (or a school, or a mall, or a nightclub, or ANYWHERE else), with "real live" people, then what??

Quote:
some IRISH do not like some BRITISH

some FRENCH not like some GERMANS

some KOREANS do not like some JAPANESE

some PHILIPPIANS do not like some CHINESE

The Kingston Trio once did a song (can't remember the name) with the lyrics:

"The whole world is festering with unhappy souls,

The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles;

Italians hate Yugoslavs; South Africans hate the Dutch;

And I don't like anybody very much!"

As far as inter-racial marriage goes; IMO in general, women of color (Hispanic, Asian, Black) are the most naturally beautiful (no make-up needed)and interesting (I find cultural differences stimulating) on earth. That being said, I am married to a Caucasian woman.

Quote:
That's because you couldn't find any woman "of color" who even knew who the Kingston Trio was.

ROFL

I'm perceiving a somewhat sarcastc and humorous streak in a lot of your posts, Doug. Great response here! I probably resemble that remark!

100 years ago when I was wife-hunting, interracial marriage we verboten (even illegal) in certain states.

For such a serious topic - there's far too much jovality here Joe and the rest of you. ha ha

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Crazy questions evoke crazy answers.

Seriously.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Yes Laz. But if one digs deep - there might be more seriousness than meets the eye originally.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
For such a serious topic - there's far too much jovality here Joe and the rest of you.

So sorry, Woody. I should take into account what a consistently serious person you are.

tomato