ClubAdventist is back!

which Kindle or Tablet?

Scotchip

Hi I'm a newbie. Want bible and Advent Hymnal, thinking about getting a kindle, someone mentioned tablet might be better that Kindle Fire? Advice please.

• Moderators
Right now, I'm tired of lugging around my notebook computer, so as soon as I get back, I'm going to Best Buy to look at tablets and laptop computer tablets. I'm not sure a tablet could accommodate everything in my Logos software. If you have some info, let me know.

• Members

Not sure I understand, they have large HDs to accommodate lots of software? TB drives, etc.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

Yes, it depends on what you would like to do. I have a Kindle and an iPad. I sure use the iPad a lot more!

You can get Kindle for iPad, but can't go the other way round.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I have a Kindle Fire and enjoy it a lot. They have lots of Bibles for it. I don't know about the SDA hymanl. One could check with Amazon to find out pretty easy. Of course the ipod is going to be better but it costs a lot more too. So it depends on what you want to use it for. The ipod has a lot of applications but if you are only looking to use it for a books, the ipod is probably more money than you need to spend.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

I like the Ant Smasher game :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators
There are two things I want my next gadget to do: 1) Handle my Logos Bible Software, 2) Connect to the internet. I'm tired of lugging my laptop notebook around.

• Members

What kind of notebook do you have? How about a MacAir? They are really really light!

phkrause

• Members

It's a HP Pavilion dm4. I'm reluctant to switch to Apple because it has a different OS.

PCs don't make light notebooks? or at least lighter than yours? I can understand why you wouldn't want to switch to Apple, your software you need doesn't run on apple I'm guessing.

phkrause

There are two things I want my next gadget to do: 1) Handle my Logos Bible Software, 2) Connect to the internet. I'm tired of lugging my laptop notebook around.

Wow. I looked at a mid-priced package on Logos and about fell over. I'll stick with Xiphos for the great price of $0.00. Open source rules, if you ask me.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Moderators
It IS a large library, and I very happy with it. It is also able to integrate the complete published writings of EGW in its search engine.