ClubAdventist is back!

My mother is ill

Pleas pray for my mother Nelly. She had Pleurisy about 4 months ago and was on antibiotics which seemed to help. She became ill again and was told that she had pneumonia and went on more antibiotics which again seemed to help. She became ill again, had another course of antibiotics then had a cat scan which indicated that there were still large areas of her lungs that were infected. They are trying to get her into hospital as soon as possible so that they can have a look inside of her lungs. She has never been ill in her life and is not coping very well with being ill.

Please pray that the doctors will be able to find a drug that will clear up this infection and that God will uplift her sagging spirit. And anything else you can thing of.

Thank you. smilie_liebe9.gif

I will pray for you mother, BaPM. I hope she will be feeling well soon.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

• Administrators

Ditto for me- I pray that your ma will feel better and real soon!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Bless her heart, it is difficult to keep your spirits up when your body is not responding. I will be prayingfor her, her Doctors and yourself and the rest of your family,.

God Bless,

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

The news is not good. The biopsy revealed that she has lung cancer. She has to have more tests tomorrow to see if it is opperable, and if she will be able to withstand the surgery.

She is 80 years old and has, until now, been in good health. Please continue to pray for her.

Thank you

• Administrators

That's awful-

Please, Father, be with BAPM's mom at this time. When people are old and their bodies are feeble, they are not strong to withstand pain and intensive procedures and remedies. Lord, we lift her up before You in prayer, that You may comfort both her and her family and help her to rest in Your care

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Amen and Amen

Abba Father,

Please be with Nelly and BaPM. You know what is wrong, and why. Cancer is such a scary word to us, for we see only dimly... Guide the doctors as they determine the course of action and treatment. Place Your hand on BaPM and her mama... comfort them, and all involved.

Jesus, I know You are in control. Comfort the family, BaPM, who is dear to us, and her mama. Even should all the medicine be for naught, we know Your perfect will and plan will play out in their lives. Draw near to the broken hearted, ensure Your salvation is entered into, that each one may have the glorious hope and assurance of reunion before Abba's throne, to never part again.

Please grant Your peace, Jesus, that passes all understanding, to BaPM, her mama, and family. Let their peace be a glorious shining witness for You and all that You do in our lives. Jesus, please let there be no pain. Be gentle and tender in Your working, and protect all from the dark schemes of the adversary.

I bind a hedge of protection around BaPM and her mother and family. I ask You to send the Holy Spirit to fill it with His sweet presence, and place Your mighty warrior angels around it, armored and ready for battle, that none of the dark may come against them.

I ask this as Your Daughter, Abba Father, living in the House of the King.

Thank You for answering this according to Your perfect will.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your support and prayers. Falling.gif

Mum had another scan last Thursday to see if the cancer has spread to other areas of her body. The results will not be ready until Wednesday or Thursday this week. If it has not spread she may be able to have surgery. If it has spread she has been told that she will have 12 months to live. She wants to live so please pray that they can operate.

Thank you.

• Administrators

Still praying for your mother, you and the rest of your family. It seems like an eternity when you are waiting for the results.

Courage,

Naomi

Sad news, the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes in the chest and the Dr cannot operate. She has decided to give chemotherapy a try.

I get on really well with her and we spend a lot of time together. This week I went grocery shopping for the first time without her because she was unwell. I cried all of the way to the shops and could not go in for ages as I could not face anyone. Sunglasses are wonderful things, they hide you from the world. I feel so sad and cannot stop thinking about her, and what it will be like not having a mother anymore. It is so weird thinking of how different it is going to be. sad25.gif

• Administrators

My heart goes out to you, it is such a difficult thing to face.

I cannot say I understand, because we can never really understand another's emotions. However, I am in almost the same situation and it makes you feel as though you're living in someone else's body.

Oh how wonderful Heaven will be! No more pain, no sorrow. And, such a comfort to know that we will be reunited.

Love, Peace, Courage

Naomi

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone. Mum has been having chemotherapy for the last 3 months. She had a scan last week and it showed that the tumour is shrinking. She is feeling quite well and the pneumonia has gone. She also had a partially collapsed lung which has recovered.

She was feeling depressed and fed up with chemo, doctors, and blood tests. This news has lifted her spirits and has been like a recharge. I am not sure how long she will have to have chemo for or whether it will eventually get rid of the tumour as it is quite large. All I know is that at this point in time she will live longer than the predicted 12 months.

Thank you all for your support and prayers

Blessings

Sheila

• Administrators

Hello Sheila,

Thank you so much for the encouraging update. You and your mother have been on my prayer list for a long time.

I know it goes without saying to make the most of every moment of every day.

God Bless,

Naomi