ClubAdventist is back!

White-flight

Stan

• Administrators

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Stan Jensen said:

The need to reach out to whites does not mean the work among others has to diminish, in fact it MUST not.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I think I know what you are saying.

Simply put, it is a dying out of the numbers of white converts, comparatively speaking. Also a failure of retaining them

I think that Ed (was it Ed? gotta check again) mentioned a few factors as to the whys, and yes, it would be worth considering

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I appreciate that and for sure I will be more aware of it as I go visiting the various churches in the next coming months

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Stan Jensen said:

Jeannie the tent idea did not come from me, but the AA section of the Southern Cal Conference, I agree with you, that it would not work.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Sorry Stan, didn't mean to imply I thought it was your idea.

(Just curious: What is the AA section of the Southern California Conference?? --All I can think of is Alcoholics Anonymous!! )

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Oh Please... Dr. B... I am so tired of his pomposity and the tendency of some to make him the arbiter of SDA theology.

I'm also tired of the division between what is "in Christ" and how we live day to day. If we "in Christ" and day to day living aren't the same, there's a lot bigger problem in that life than just whether there's a white flight occurring.

Sheesh.

blush.gif

icon_smile_sick.gif

soapbox.gif> > > > crawling off my soapbox now... sorry about that...

A heart where He alone has first place.

I have seen the change from predominant white to west indian and now independent churches for West African, Fillipino, Portugese and Russian in the UK.

Have got to the point in my life now when I dont really give a hootenany. I will worship with anyone anytime anywhere. If people are gonna have hang ups about worship styles and colour here, then they are gonna be in for a massive shock when we get to heaven!!!

David,

I feel about the same.. this culture thing is an influence but I think it is basically a copout....one is either consecrated or a churchian.

In most/all cultures there are idols for the eyes, stomach and groin area.

I remember my drill instructor in boot camp having just one anti-prejudice short talk..

We had whites , Afro-Amer, Hispanic, Asian, and Native Indian recruits. He told us the color that we all were was GREEN...Marines are GREEN.

Consecrated Christians know that Rom 12:2 is a priority and I can fellowship with even Martians , that love Jesus, the hearing of God's Word and are compassionate, sensitive and active to enrich the lives of others.

In congregations of all cultures you have the inept, incompetent, lame NFDMTTS.