ClubAdventist is back!

Palestinian only bus lines

lazarus

• Moderators

Starting on Monday, certain buses running from the West Bank into central Israel will have separate lines for Jews and Arabs.

The Afikim bus company will begin operating Palestinian-only bus lines from the checkpoints to Gush Dan to prevent Palestinians from boarding buses with Jewish passengers. Palestinians are not allowed to enter settlements, and instead board buses from several bus stops on the Trans-Samaria highway.

Last November, Haaretz reported that the Transportation Ministry was looking into such a plan due to pressure from the late mayor of Ariel, Ron Nahman, and the head of the Karnei Shomron Local Council. They said residents had complained that Palestinians on their buses were a security risk.

The buses will begin operating Monday morning at the Eyal crossing to take the Palestinians to work in Israel. Transportation Ministry officials are not officially calling them segregated buses, but rather bus lines intended to relieve the distress of the Palestinian workers. Ynet has reported that fliers are being distributed to Palestinian workers notifying them of the coming changes.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/isr...ttlers-1.506869

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Starting on Monday, certain buses running from the West Bank into central Israel will have separate lines for Jews and Arabs.

The Afikim bus company will begin operating Palestinian-only bus lines from the checkpoints to Gush Dan to prevent Palestinians from boarding buses with Jewish passengers. Palestinians are not allowed to enter settlements, and instead board buses from several bus stops on the Trans-Samaria highway.

Last November, Haaretz reported that the Transportation Ministry was looking into such a plan due to pressure from the late mayor of Ariel, Ron Nahman, and the head of the Karnei Shomron Local Council. They said residents had complained that Palestinians on their buses were a security risk.

The buses will begin operating Monday morning at the Eyal crossing to take the Palestinians to work in Israel. Transportation Ministry officials are not officially calling them segregated buses, but rather bus lines intended to relieve the distress of the Palestinian workers. Ynet has reported that fliers are being distributed to Palestinian workers notifying them of the coming changes.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/isr...ttlers-1.506869

If the Palestinians are distressed from having to be in the presence of Jews, and requested the separation, one cannot put a discriminatory angle to this - unless, of course, you're wanting to address the discriminatory way Muslims view Jews.

Somehow, I don't think that is your desire...

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Moderators

If the Palestinians are distressed from having to be in the presence of Jews, and requested the separation, one cannot put a discriminatory angle to this

????

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: Ted Oplinger

If the Palestinians are distressed from having to be in the presence of Jews, and requested the separation, one cannot put a discriminatory angle to this

????

You...really...can't...be ....serious.....

With the global media frenzy about how Israel is the new South Africa, and the Jewish/Palestinian mess is just another version of "apartheid"...and you didn't pick up on that angle at all?

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Members

I have to agree with that Ted. But I believe the main reason that the Palestinians don't want to be on the same buses as the Jews, is because if some of there terrorists decide to blow the bus up, they'd rather no Palestinians are on that bus!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I have to agree with that Ted. But I believe the main reason that the Palestinians don't want to be on the same buses as the Jews, is because if some of there terrorists decide to blow the bus up, they'd rather no Palestinians are on that bus!

The other side of the fence is: If I'm an Isreali I'm afraid of suicide bombings, and not allowing Palestinians on the same bus with me will alleviate that fear of mine.

I'd say this is a very common sense decision by the Isrealis as it's not Isrealis who are engaging in terrorism against themselves. I applaud them for having the guts to do this, no matter what their enemies will say about it.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Members

Oh I agree whole heartily that that is one of many reasons.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Moderators

With the global media frenzy about how Israel is the new South Africa, and the Jewish/Palestinian mess is just another version of "apartheid"...and you didn't pick up on that angle at all?

I thought you were saying that the Palestinians requested this.

Every nation that has had discriminatory practices has had justifications that the majority of its people accepted. The land of the "free" had separate drinking fountains.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: Ted Oplinger

I thought you were saying that the Palestinians requested this.

Every nation that has had discriminatory practices has had justifications that the majority of its people accepted. The land of the "free" had separate drinking fountains.

I'm curious, do you see the common sense practice of profiling for terrorists as racial discrimination when it is very clear as to who the terrorists are? Does it really make sense to give as much investigative weight to suspecting an Isreali of terrorizing his own country through bombing buses as it does to suspecting Palestinians of terrorizing Isreal through the bombing of buses? I mean, who does the history of this activity clearly point to as the only ones engaging in this activity in Isreal?

To me it's like making the police pull over a certain number of black people when a white person is the reported suspect in a crime just so they aren't "profiling". Of what practical use is that of police resources? Is it going to help them arrest the suspect?

Alexis de Tocqueville

• Moderators

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Benjamin Franklin

Einstein

I do feel for their plight however with regards to to it having any significance to prophesy, there is none. I hate to say it but Israel could be blown off the face of the earth and prophesy will still be fulfilled according to how it is written. News like this just plays on the hearts of all "secret raptureist".

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Benjamin Franklin

Need to study Ben Franklin and his association with the Hell Fires Club. Ben had some interesting things going on. A well cited source if anyone is interested is the "Hidden Faith of Our Founding Fathers" I don't believe all of it, but where there is smoke, there is fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfire_Club

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nine_Sisters

Benjamin Franklin

Nice quote. Too bad it completely irrelevant.

Alexis de Tocqueville