• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hch

• Textus Receptus

• phkrause

• BobRyan

• Moderators

Fortunately, it is not the Seventh-day Adventist Church which is teaching those things. But sadly, the fact that some SDAs teach it probably gives people the impression that our church supports those teachings.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

But St. Malachay says it MUST be, so.....shouldn't it be?

I'm wondering where "Petrus" and "Romanus" are going to be found in this Argentinian...unless both are found in the new Pope's Jesuit background...

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Well, I don't see why he CANT be the last one. Do you?

Paula, my friend, you need to attend a Revelation Seminar or watch the Videos of Walter Veith, especially his total onslaught series, or Doug Batchlor.

Lol... Textus, I was gracious in my post on that thread and admitted "defeat". As I said all along, only time will tell if the "prophecy" is of God or not and it has. I have no problem admitting that. I was speculating on the "possibility" and never said that it WAS so.

I am VERY familiar with Walter Veith, and Doug Batchlor, and have given Revelation Seminars. I DON'T speak of Malacy or teach the 7 Kings Prophecy (as interpreted to pertaining to Post 1929). However, I do find it interesting, and am not fully convinced that the interpretation (Rev. 17) is incorrect. Time will tell, though. Because I am not "sure" I do not teach it. I only mentioned it here because I thought it would be an interesting discussion.

On a "funny" side note... Brazilians, for the most part, "hate" Argentinians and Argentinians hate Brazilians (I don't include myself in this one since I was raised in the US, and have had tons of Argentine friends).

Anyways, we were talking to a group of Brazilians today, all of whom were Catholic and their response was...

MAN, now I have to stop being a Catholic, cause there's NO WAY I'm going to swallow having an Argentine pope!!! lol... Hope the SDA church in Brasil is prepared to take on the onslaught of converts... hahahahah

On a more serious note, I have a feeling this Pope is going to be even more loved than PJPII. He comes across as a GREAT guy, and I wouldn't put it past him opening the Vatican Bank and giving to the poor, if reports of his austerity are to be believed.

Also, today it was reported that he refused to have bodyguards when he went out, refused the papal car, and rode the bus with his fellow cardinals!!

who cares?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

yes Johann, probably an infiltrated SDA posing as a Jesuit... hahahahahha

STAN, I told you not to go to Rome! rollingsmilerollingsmile

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

It came to my mind that maybe the last pope will be from the USA and use his influence to convince the US to make it all happen?

This is the first Jesuit pope btw..

-Jason

Youtube.com/narcah

• Members

This pope has an Adventist cousin. Just sayin.

g

No way! Really??

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Does that make it safe to pray for him? scared

I'd say its always safe to pray for anyone, no matter who they are.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I pray he will be the next Martin Luther from within the Catholic Church.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Contest is this, how soon will be show from prophecy that this one is the final one as well.

We do look goofy to some.

All of supposed Messiahs looked goofy - until one turned out to be right - even though the popular vote went against him.

I think that is what happened in the case of Noah as well.

Seems like a repeatable fact of history.

• Moderators

This is a common fallacy: some great people looked goofy, but that does *not* logically imply that if someone is goofy it automatically means they are great...

Truth is important

• Administrators

That is an interesting thought. What if indeed this pope did turn into a major protestant reformer of the Catholic Church? What would that do for our eschatological ideas of the papacy, the Catholic Church, etc.?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Fortunately, it is not the Seventh-day Adventist Church which is teaching those things. But sadly, the fact that some SDAs teach it probably gives people the impression that our church supports those teachings.

It is a unfortunate that the SDA Church has left its first love.

Remember how the Lord has led His people in the past (cf. LS 196.2).

In 1843 and 1844, Adventists got prophecy almost right when Jesus began His work in the Sanctuary in Heaven. But it was after they missed some of the details that they were blessed with understanding.

But sadly rather than being students of the Word and studying to get the word out before it is too late, too many SDA's have the wait and see attitude of those in Noah's Day. That is not the spirit of the pioneers that in 1841 declared that Christ would come in 1843 & again in 1844. Those people were not ashamed or fearful of telling what they knew to the best of their knowledge and let the embarrassment take care of itself.

But I fear for the "prudent" would be saints; their caution looks so much like unbelief.

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Revelation 21:8)

By the way Stan, 3/15/13 was the day the Francis I mystery was solved and I learned how he links to Bible prophecy. I posted it at #Post618303

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Members

The Adventist Church was founded in 1863. So I'm curious as to how they got 1844 wrong or right?????

phkrause

Originally Posted By: BobRyan

That is an interesting thought. What if indeed this pope did turn into a major protestant reformer of the Catholic Church? What would that do for our eschatological ideas of the papacy, the Catholic Church, etc.?

I for one believe in free will. Nothing would please me more than to see a Catholic church taking steps toward reformation and revival and embracing the truths in scripture that were rejected by the Popes in times past.

in Christ,

Bob

The Adventist Church was founded in 1863. So I'm curious as to how they got 1844 wrong or right?????

I beg the differ, but the Seventh-day Adventist Church was founded in 1863.

Lest we mix apples and oranges. The Adventists got 1843 & 1844 wrong. The Adventists were those that were called out of the churches to declare the Advent message. And these Adventists were the pioneers of the SDA church that came later.

It cannot be said that SDA's got 1843 or 44 wrong. But the Adventist pioneers of the SDA church were the ones who went forward by faith to tell what they knew to the best of their knowledge. And it is a pity that on the eve of Christ's Advent the church that came forth from their efforts is so timid and fearful to take a stand on matters of faith.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com