ClubAdventist is back!

So new Pope...

Stan

HCH, I have included a link that examines the issue we have been discussing. Take a look, it was very informative. It was a paper sumbitted to the Adventist Biblical Research Organization. I was personally blown way by their analysis.

https://adventistbiblicalresearch.org/sites/default/files/pdf/The%20Beast%20of%20Revelation%2017.pdf

IMHO I studied Ekkehardt Mueller's thoughts on Revelation 17. Though very scholarly, it has several fatal flaws. The most egregious: Brother Mueller takes a thus saith the Lord and reinterprets it in the light of tradition. Thus he presents a straw man argument using the vision of Daniel 7 to interpret Heaven's interpretation rather than using the latter to explain the former. Though he cites worldly "authorities" he fails to present the light that God was pleased to give to the SDA Church through Ellen White. Thus this attempt to enlighten God's people apart from the counsel of God takes that which is clear to the seeker of truth and shrouds it in mystery. This need not be. It will not stand close scrutiny as it does an evil work that is not of God.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hch

• Textus Receptus

• phkrause

• BobRyan

:like:

Excellent point. The Bible tells us quite a lot about how it all ends.

And most sobering is the fact that not only does the wicked world make horrible choices in the end - but the church of Laodicea in Rev 3 seems to be joining the "many" of Matt 7 that do not make it to heaven.

A truly sobering wakeup call for Christians today.

in Christ,

Bob

"wicked world make horrible choices in the end"

Today and tomorrow the Supreme Court hears arguments about homosexual marriage.

When they find that it is lawful, this abomination will be the law of the land. Imagine an abomination that brings desolation as being the law of the land.

And on another thread here there was a link to leaders in our denomination that were being called heretics.

While scrolling through it, there was one fellow that wrote and published an article with 7 reasons why the Church not to oppose homosexual marriage.

"the church of Laodicea in Rev 3 seems to be joining the "many" of Matt 7 that do not make it to heaven."

The last events will indeed be rapid ones.

Ready or not here they come.

His child Henry 

Originally Posted By: BobRyan

Excellent point. The Bible tells us quite a lot about how it all ends.

And most sobering is the fact that not only does the wicked world make horrible choices in the end - but the church of Laodicea in Rev 3 seems to be joining the "many" of Matt 7 that do not make it to heaven.

A truly sobering wakeup call for Christians today.

in Christ,

Bob

"wicked world make horrible choices in the end"

Today and tomorrow the Supreme Court hears arguments about homosexual marriage.

When they find that it is lawful, this abomination will be the law of the land. Imagine an abomination that brings desolation as being the law of the land.

And on another thread here there was a link to leaders in our denomination that were being called heretics.

While scrolling through it, there was one fellow that wrote and published an article with 7 reasons why the Church not to oppose homosexual marriage.

"the church of Laodicea in Rev 3 seems to be joining the "many" of Matt 7 that do not make it to heaven."

The last events will indeed be rapid ones.

Ready or not here they come.

Amen

HCH, I have included a link that examines the issue we have been discussing. Take a look, it was very informative. It was a paper sumbitted to the Adventist Biblical Research Organization. I was personally blown way by their analysis.

https://adventistbiblicalresearch.org/sites/default/files/pdf/The%20Beast%20of%20Revelation%2017.pdf

I thought of what was the real problem with that BRI presentation:

The SDA position on the 4 beasts in Daniel 7 was correct at the time that it was first understood. That understanding establishes the ancient kingdoms in their proper place in Bible prophecy. But the great kingdoms that were understood before the prophecy was unsealed, are not the endtime meaning, they are a part of the sealing of the vision.

But now that knowledge has increased, it is clear that the former position makes the word of God contradict itself by using the vision to explain the interpretation rather than explaining the vision by using Heaven's interpretation.

Daniel's vision is of beasts from the Great Sea. Heaven explains them as kings that shall arise from the earth. Revelation 13 explains the earth power as being America. But rather than accept Heaven's interpretation of the earth kings and understanding that they are American Presidents, the historical view converts the meaning of the 4 beasts back to the ancient kingdoms and applies that construct from the vision to the interpretation instead of accepting Heaven's interpretation and applying it to the vision.

Blessings

Henry

His child Henry 

HCH says,

"Obama is the 4th beast in the final fulfillment of Daniel 7."

Seriously? And you can type that with a straight face?

Seriously,,, interpretations of prophecy like this are laughable! :)

• 1 month later...

HCH says,

"Obama is the 4th beast in the final fulfillment of Daniel 7."

Seriously? And you can type that with a straight face?

Seriously,,, interpretations of prophecy like this are laughable! :)

His child Henry 

• 2 months later...

Quote:
Originally Posted By: pierrepaul

Jonah prophesied the destruction of Nineveh which didn't come to pass as the people repented. The prophecies against Rome similarly need not come to pass.

That would therefor mean a disassociation from maintaining tradition as having precedence over and above the Word, ultimately repenting for substituting the Sunday in place of the Seventh Day Sabbath, effectively making of none affect the mark of her (the beast) authority, also effectively (the underlined above) changing the prophetic utterances of the Word of God as expressed in the Holy Bible.

"He required everyone—small and great, rich and poor, free and slave—to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name. Wisdom is needed here. Let the one with understanding solve the meaning of the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. His number is 666."Revelation 13:16-18 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
We sometimes talk as if we look forward to seeing God destroy people.

Which would really reveal a spirit not of God, but more like the religious leaders when Jesus walked the earth. OTOH I'm of a mind to believe this below is more of what true believers are about.

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."Luke 21:28 KJV

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:

The papal church will never relinquish her claim to infallibility. All that she has done in her persecution of those who reject her dogmas she holds to be right; and would she not repeat the same acts, should the opportunity be presented? Let the restraints now imposed by secular governments be removed and Rome be reinstated in her former power, and there would speedily be a revival of her tyranny and persecution. {GC 564.2}

Gives one pause to consider whether they are willing to trust their lives to their own capacity to work out their own safety or rather submit to God's saving grace.

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
At the same time, let's keep proclaiming the Three Angels' Messages and working toward calling people out of Babylon.

Isn't that what we'll do if we really love them and want them to be ready for Christ' return?

I have many close relatives pursuing overseas missionary effort and the response is phenomenal as compared to work in the U.S.

although there is a greater response in America today since a Divine love and close relationship with Jesus is more pronounced than heretofore. Those that won't be admitted to the heavenly home seem to be restricted to those who Jesus doesn't admit to knowing.

"On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock."

Matthew 7:22-24 NLT

God cares!

Lift Jesus up!!

If that were a foregone conclusion, why would Jesus be giving instruction for buying gold (love), then pointing out they would be rich if they were to do what He suggests? And the white garment, indicating the righteousness of Christ, obtained only by receiving the continuous cleansing of the blood of Jesus also being granted by "buying" the white garments. And why the correction and discipline if they would not be included in the home of the blest? Indifference seems the stumbling block, which can be overcome to obtain the prize. Read verses 18 through 21.

So I advise you to buy gold from me—gold that has been purified by fire. Then you will be rich. Also buy white garments from me so you will not be shamed by your nakedness, and ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see. I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference.

“Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne. Revelation 3:18-21 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!