ClubAdventist is back!

Human nature

Robert

So far 10 have taken this poll. 40% agree and 60% disagree.

For those who agree what do you do with Christ's words -- "The first shall be last and the last first"?

Quote:

"We are selfish by nature. To survive as a species, we had to be self-centered and competitive."

I am not sure where I obtained this quote, but the author has got the first sentence absolutely right. The problem is that in the second sentence he/she justifies "sin" in the name of survival. [:"red"]So those polled who “disagreed” with this statement probably did so in that it justifies sin.[:"black"]

You see Lucifer has built his kingdom [this world] upon the principle of "self-seeking". Hence everything that goes to make up this worldly system — politics, education, commerce, recreation, sports, social clubs, technology, etc. — is founded upon the principle of love of self, even though at times this principle may not be obvious. According to 1 John 2:16, “all that is in the world” (i.e., without exception) is based or founded upon lust (i.e., love of self).

God's kingdom is diametrically opposite Lucifer's kingdom of self. This principle can be seen in Christ's own words:

• Luke 22:24 "A dispute arose among them as to which of them was considered to be greatest. 25 Jesus said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. 26 But you are not to be like that. Instead...the one who rules like the one who serves. 27 For who is greater [in human terms], the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves.

Christ illustrated that true love is in "serving" others. In fact in Mark chapter ten Jesus states,

• "Whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant; and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve."

The problem though is that if you live to serve in this world under its god [Lucifer] you will become destitute. [:"red"]So those who agreed with the poll’s statement are also right[:"black"]. Christ, by living a life of complete unselfishness, absolutely proved that if you live a live free of self-interests that you too will be homeless and destitute [see Luke 9:57,58].

Correction: "Christ, by living a life of complete unselfishness, absolutely proved that if you live a life free of self-interests that you too will be homeless and destitute [see Luke 9:57,58]."