ClubAdventist is back!

Cell Phone Solution

NormF

I'm debating whether to put this in the Humor section or here. But since I see Amelia's posts here almost as much as there, well, this will do.

an excerpt from the op-ed page of yesterday's local paper:

"The cell phone companies are getting their money back with the sale of ring tones. [He's speaking of their newfound beneficence in allowing you to roll over the minutes you've already bought. So sweet of them, huh?]

"You can now get rock songs, classical music, just about anything to anounce to the world that you have an incoming phone call.

"This was done because cell phones just weren't obnoxious enough. It's not bad enough I have to listen to private phone conversations in every public venue, I also have to have a warning system to prepare me to listen to the call.

"I propose that all cell ring tones be banned except for the sound of flatulence. When someone gets a phone call and the phone releases the sound of a whoopee cushion the size of a waterbed, you won't have to tell them to turn them off at concerts and plays."

by Dave Yoder

Copyright 2005, Sioux City (Iowa) Journal

... Or at church too maybe?

Regards,

Norm

Debile fundamentum, fallit opus. - "Where there is a weak foundation, the work falls."

Well, isn't this interesting...another person sensitive to the issue of cell phones in church.

I just go up to the violater and tell them that they are s selfish scumsucking dirtbag airhead barbarian fool!!!

Yoder is our local Dave Barry. As such, he's occasionally subject to fits of intemperance (in his words!). But I do understand his sentiments. I have a quiet line on the subject at the bottom of a page in our church bulletin; it works well.

Regards,

Norm

Debile fundamentum, fallit opus. - "Where there is a weak foundation, the work falls."

I love the idea of a sound of flatulence. Of course, riding on the MTR here in HK, it would sound as though EVERYONE had been eating beans for breakfast! I laugh thinking about it!

M

Quote:

Michelle said:

I love the idea of a sound of flatulence.

GAROOOOSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, maybe you think it funny Michelle, because women are not to pass gass, spit, chew, sweat, and other things that men do...

:eyeroll: icon_smile_sick.gif

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw