ClubAdventist is back!

Is Spiritual Formation taking over the SDA Church?

Reddogs

• Administrators

Oh, yes, pk! Forming a soul is the highest calling I know of!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reddogs

• ClubV12

• Stan

• debbym

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Quote:
I now have to take care of to(two) grandchildren, ...........the calling that God has given us.

Can't get any 'higher' calling than that!!

thumbsupcool1

Thanks for the spell check. thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

i think it may not be best to label sda leaders, and to be naming "dangerous" sda leaders. they could have a change of mind and heart, and then have to face people judging them for decades because of a position they held at one time years ago.

Like derek morris. Wow he is still really smeared and he had a change of position long time ago.

i think it is better to under the issue in principle so you can recognize it in it's various forms.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Members

Derek is a good Godly man no matter what rumourmongers state.

Seems many just like to condemn, instead of going there and seeing what they can do to help or even talk to him and give him there opinions as to what they think he's doing wrong.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

it is not unusual for those that attack to be members of the SDARM or similar offshoots to destroy the credibility of the Church at Large.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Sometimes ignorance is a blessing. I thought Derek was a hockey player at one point, wrong Derek it turns out. Since then I have been blessed with the excellent reports of this mans ministry. I thank God for His messengers. Ignore rumors, keep looking up! :)

It appears as if he changed his mind on matters as he grew in his Christian Experience.

Someone has said "Only a fool never changes his mind"

Thank you - you have expressed beautifully just what I was thinking. (or in Quaker-speak = "This Friend speaks to my condition.")

AJ

Great minds and all that bwink

• Administrators

Quote:
If I think about my unworthiness and constantly sulk in guilt and self-condemnation , I will not be a pleasant person. The only comfort I will get is in seeing people more guilty and "condemned than me.

Fellowship with one's deity should be joyful and uplifting; not morose and fearful

a realization of our need is not the place God brings us to and leaves us.

God brings us to realize our need then supplies that need.

If we sit around feeling need and baste in that... then it is not God who brought us there.

But we can realize our need and be blessed without losing the awareness that we are dependent, and without Him we can do nothing.

it is good to realize your need and reliance on God even when you are richly blessed. i don't cease to be a sinner when i am forgiven and blessed, i am a sinner needing a faith connection to stay spiritually alive.

One day i will see face to face, and live not by faith anymore. Jesus will come and deliver me from my physical selfish nature. Then i will me a member of the renovated race.

deb

Love awakens love.

Guilt, self condemnation, fear, all have their place.

It is the law of God that convicts of sin. Without conviction, you have no need of a Saviour.

With a Saviour all the above changes to peace, joy as you consider what the law requires and what your Saviour offers instead.

• Administrators

Quote:

It is the law of God that convicts of sin. Without conviction, you have no need of a Saviour.

With a Saviour all the above changes to peace, joy as you consider what the law requires and what your Saviour offers instead.

It is the revelation of the character of God through the power of the Holy spirit that brings genuine conviction of sin.

we can have lots of convictions about lots of things. people can manipulate other people's thoughts and feelings and do a lot of condemning and distressing even wielding the laws of God. This does not mean there is true sorrow for sin.

But only the kindness and goodness of God can bring the conviction and reveal the Sacrificial love of Christ in a way that brings a decisions. And then person comes alive to God and dead to self. And God's Spirit works to deepen that experience until they die or until Jesus comes.

religion without any real conviction of sin, and no cross to bear, and no change of motivation.... is satan's ancient design.

deb

Love awakens love.

Conviction and conversion, there is a difference.

The devil is convicted, he knows the law. He understands the consequences of the violation of the laws of God and trembles. But he is not converted. So it is with man. He may carry the conviction of law for decades without conversion. Luther was convicted of sin, based on the law and he "worked" very hard to be "worthy" before God as a result. In the final judgment the wicked will acknowledge the law as just and fair, but it won't change their heart.

In the days of the reformers the Methodists were ridiculed for making to much of the law. The predominant thinking at that time was that Protestants could not possibly violate the law because they were accepted of God just as they were. Therefore, "sin" was impossible. In effect, they ignored the law and chastised those who preached it. The Methodists, like Luther, really DID understand righteousness by faith and as a result, respected and honored the law from a spirit of love, not "works".

Conviction makes you aware of your hopeless case, who will deliver you from this body of sin?

That right there, in a nutshell, is why I can not accept Christianity as truth.

EC, even the devil believes and trembles! The lawbreaker in a court of law also trembles. Would YOU not tremble if you took a life and were facing the death sentence for your actions? THAT is conviction for sin.

Murder and theft are easy concepts to recognize, break the law, suffer the consequences. As the Christian draws closer to Christ he see's the law is much deeper, broader, far more involved than he was able to grasp previously. He understands murder, adultery, sin can be in the mind without ever being acted out in real life. Shame, guilt, fear are the inevitable fruits of violating law. Mans law, society law, Gods law. To ignore this basic function of human life is madness!

You drive the speed limit BASED on fear of breaking the law. When your caught, you KNOW you are guilty, though you may lie to cover it up. Guilt compounds as a result.

It is no different in the Christian life, you recognize the law, you recognize that you are going to need an advocate, defense attorney. One is standing by, ready to take your case, or you can go it alone. Know this, the prosecution has an exact record of your crimes and his is very good at making his case and demanding the penalty as prescribed by law. I would strongly urge you to accept the free gift of the only hope you will find, Jesus Christ.

"Conviction of sin fastened upon him, which all the acts of penance that he practiced failed to banish. As to a voice from heaven he listened to the Reformer’s words: "Salvation is of grace." "The Innocent One is condemned, and the criminal is acquitted." "It is the cross of Christ alone that openeth the gates of heaven, and shutteth the gates of hell."

Great Controversy pg 213

Quote:

Yes, Club - they all have their place - in the Kingdom of satan. One of God's/Jesus' most common commands is "Do not Fear". when Jesus rescues the woman caught in adultery, He said "Neither do I condemn you." Hebrews 10:1-2 says "The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins."

These are merely scratching the surface of scriptures that tell me us (tell me at least) that guilt, condemnation and fear have no place in the faith of a true believer. Who is it that accuses us day and night (including in our own mind)?

Certainly not Jesus! See Rev. 12:10. If jesus came to give us life more abundantly, I'm sure that abundant life does not include guilt, fear, and self-condemnation. If my religion constantly filled me with negative emotion, I would quit going to church.

Sorry bud, but if you think negative emotion "has a place" in church, you are looking at the wrong god.

Quote:
Without conviction, you have no need of a Saviour.

Again, I disagree. Maybe it's just a matter of semantics. We ALL need a Savior; for we all have sinned. Whether or not we desire a Savior is another matter.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7

"Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." Revelation 14:6,7

"The Jews had accepted false testimony to condemn the innocent Son of God. Now false accusations made their own lives uncertain. By their actions they had long been saying, "Cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us." [iSA. 30:11.] Now their desire was granted. The fear of God no longer disturbed them."

The Spirit of Prophecy, Volume 4 pg 30

A loss of fear, appreciation, respect, even love, when lost for the "law", any law, results in anarchy. The clinical term could be applied, "psychopath". Sister White speaks of men whose guilt and fear drove them to madness. We see in the last judgment it drives men to great anger and gnashing of teeth.

It is not MY opinion that conviction of sin PRECEDES repentance, forgiveness, acceptance, peace in the gift of salvation, not of works lest any should boast. It is the very heart of the message of the great controversy. To ignore the law, to diminish it, to excuse it is to follow in the track of the evil doer.

To acknowledge the law and it's requirements is the ONLY possible path to understanding Gods love.

"The law of God is an agent in every genuine conversion. There can be no true repentance without conviction of sin. The Scriptures declare that "sin is the transgression of the law," [1 JOHN 3:4.] and that "by the law is the knowledge of sin." [ROM. 3:20.]

The Spirit of Prophecy, Volume 4 pg 297

There MUST be a remedy? What is it?

Back to reddogs for a minute, still waiting to see if you are a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, if so where, and yes you can message me the info.

Quote:
Without conviction, you have no need of a Saviour.

Again, I disagree. Maybe it's just a matter of semantics. We ALL need a Savior; for we all have sinned. Whether or not we desire a Savior is another matter.

I'm wondering if what he meant to say was, "Without conviction, you won't feel the need of a Saviour."

Quote:
I'm wondering if what he meant to say was, "Without conviction, you won't feel the need of a Saviour."

It's not rocket surgery. Why would anyone feel the need of a savior if they did not feel convicted of their sins? If I didn't think I was sinning, I wouldn't need a savior to forgive my sins woulD I