ClubAdventist is back!

Huricane Emily

Dr. Shane

I haven't much time as I am off to work in a minute. Huricane Emily is headed for just south of the border so we are suppose to get the huricane winds and rain that are normally in the north side of such storms. Yesterday I covered all the windows and got all the lawn furniture and kid's toys out of the yard. I could still hear the neighbors hammering on boards this morning as I woke. Our church will be open as a refuge from the storm - poetic isn't it? So we will be taking shelter there. If we lose power it may be a few days before I am back here.

God bless.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

Hey Shane,

You, your family and the people of Mexico & South Texas have been in my prayers. This morning when I first woke I reflected on all the times I miss and regret not still living on S Padre, but this is not one of them.

Safety & Blessings,

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Holding you and the whole region in prayer Shane. A shelter in the time of storm... Even as big as a hurricane, Abba Father is yet greater.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

• Administrators

'Morning Shane,

It appears that you are going to receive some rain and wind, hopefully that is all that will effect your area. I have friends who live near where you live. For years they have insisted that they say it's the best of both worlds; close to the beach and far enough to miss on the really bad storms. I still have a condo at Rancho Vejo (between Harligen & Brownsville) so I try to keep in close communication. I'm praying that you will not receive much destruction from Emily.

My prayers are with you and certainly with the people of NE Mexico.

Courage,

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

It is still blowing through. We have had a few tornados touch down and have a tornado warning until 7pm today. One of the stores on the island that didn't board up had its windows blown out. There are down power lines. Brownsville PUB has 2,800 customers without power. Magic Valley (our company) has 1,800 without power. AEP has 3,400 without power. So there are about 8,000 in the Valley without power.

We just got back from the church about an hour ago and we still have power. The wind did blow half the tar paper off a shed I am building in the back yard but otherwise we are in good shape.

Thanks for all your prayers.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity