ClubAdventist is back!

Invitation to see Pastor "Jack" Sequeira

Robert

For those near the Carolinas come and hear the "genuine" gospel at the Mills River SDA Church! I'll be there.... crazy.gif

Friday, August 26th, 2005 through Saturday (Sabbath), August 27th, 2005. Starts 7/7:30 PM EST.

Directions

The controversy is over the nature of Christ--the traditional majority SDA "prelapsarian" view, vs. the long-standing minority SDA view, the "postlapsarian" view," which Pastor Sequeira is championing. What those terms refer to is whether Christ took the nature of Adam before the fall, or after the fall. Stated in still other terms, did Christ have a "sinless" human nature (prelapsarian), or a sinful human nature (postlapsarian). Pastor Sequeira makes the point that our salvation depends upon Christ being truly qualified to be our Representative and Substitute, and He had to take the nature of Adam after the fall for that qualification to be met. Traditionalists believe that saying Christ took the nature of Adam after the fall, and therefore had "sinful" human flesh, is equivalent to saying He had sin in him. This is not the case, according to those who subscribe to the postlapsarian view.

I for one believe pastor Sequeira is absolutely correct. For many years I was a prelapsarian, but now I am whole-hearetedly a postlapsarian.

I'll talk to Denise and check my schedule. I'd like to be there. We have some friends who will probably be there. If we can go I'll look forward to seeing you there,

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

Understanding God's agape love

Here's a paragraph:

"In other words, the supreme sacrifice is that Jesus was willing to accept our curse and give us His life in exchange. It was not a question of saving Himself and the world. He could not do that. He had to make a choice between the world and Himself. Do you know what Christ was saying on the cross? I hope you will never forget this; He was saying that He loves us more than Himself. That is God’s agape. When you realize that is how much God loves you, can you be the same again?" [Jack S.]

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Quote:

Robert said:

Understanding God's agape love

Here's a paragraph:

"In other words, the supreme sacrifice is that Jesus was willing to accept our curse and give us His life in exchange. It was not a question of saving Himself and the world. He could not do that. He had to make a choice between the world and Himself. Do you know what Christ was saying on the cross? I hope you will never forget this;
He was saying that He loves us more than Himself.
That is God’s agape. When you realize that is how much God loves you, can you be the same again?" [Jack S.]

[:"blue"]That is why the believer who grasps that love can never have anything to do with sin and go on breaking God's heart by deliberately disregarding His commandments ever again!!! [/]

Gerry