ClubAdventist is back!

Grieving

My mother currently has lung cancer that has spread to the lymph nodes and will probably die within the next 12 months. I feel so alone right now. I don’t know whether what I am feeling is normal or not. I cry every time I think about it. I feel selfish because I am thinking of what it will be like having no mother anymore. We are really close and spend a lot of time together, as well; she is the first person whom I am close to that is dying.

I was just wondering if anyone here has lost a mother and if they have, would they be willing to help me by sharing what they went through.

Thank you

Bapm

I think Lyndale has a private forum here that may be of help to you. My mother too has cancer that spread to her lymph nodes and she will be starting cemo theropy soon.

Death is sad, no doubt about it. At least my mom doesn't have any minor children at home and no one dependant on her. Although my children are only 2 and 4 and I would like them to at least be able to remember who their grandma was.

It makes us look forward to the coming of our dear Lord. Then we can declare, Oh death where is your sting?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

Hello BAPM,

My father passed three years ago and for 8 months he was day-to-day, most of the time in ICU.

It was so hard seeing such a strong man be reduced to a very weak person living in pain. I had all the feelings that you are experiencing. However, in the end, it was a relief that he didn't have to suffer any longer. I knew it would not have been his choice to live in that condition, I must admit that I felt guilty for feeling relief.

The man at the funeral home told me that we all grieve differently; each in his or her own way. Also, it is something we have to deal with while on this Old Ball Of Mud. One day in Heaven this will all be behind and there will be no more tears, no pain.

Love, Peace & Courage,

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Hi BAPM,

My mother died a month ago. I knew it was coming but did not know exactly when. It was a sad time for us all. I had to have faith in God and trust that He will bring her home when Jesus returns. Her spirit changed in the last few months of her life. She used to be mean at times but my sister who was with her told me that she was much gentiler. I have seen when some older people start to lose their memory that they get mean. I was glad to see that the opposite happened to my mom.

6 years ago my older sister died of cancer and it was a little more difficult then with my mother. If I knew for sure that they were lost, it would have been a lot more difficult to handle. I have confidence in God in both cases.

I don't cry much when someone I know dies, I don't cry much period, it's the way that I am. I truly have to let God be in control and trust Him with all outcomes in every aspect of life.

I can't be of much comfort but I can tell you that God will provide everything you need.

God bless you,

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

Quote:

Beapeacemaker said:

would they be willing to help me by sharing what they went through.

Thank you

Bapm

Thank you for letting us share in your grieving, BAPM. It seems the unique experience of loss is as unique as the individual who suffers the loss.

I notice you did not reveal whether your mother was close to Jesus. Often the grieving is far greater when one doesn't know for sure whether they will meet their loved one in the kingdom.

My mother was lost to me at a very early age. Both her age and mine. Too young for me to experience any sense of deep loss, since she had been missing as a result of divorce a number of years before. I've always envied individuals who had the opportunity to develop a loving relationship with their mother. Our Father had much to do in softening my own heart since the nurture of a mother was never my privilege to receive. Hopefully you've had many years of happiness with your mother. Her eternal welfare is in the hands of a love beyond our comprehension to fully understand.

My father on earth was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's

disease) six months before his heart gave out with the trauma of muscle deterioration. It was a painful time, but even then God was working with me, so I had hope of seeing him someday in the kingdom. That hope was evident enough that to this day, I exhult in the promises that he is at rest till we both rise to meet Jesus at His coming. My father died almost six months to the day after the diagnoses. I've felt very grateful that he was given the time to make decisions for the Lord that loved him, when he had no good reason to believe he was good enough to receive the gift.

The next loss was a baby granddaughter, at the age of 32 days. Even though we (my wife and I) felt comparitively safe in the assumption we would see her again in the kingdom of heaven, I cannot begin to describe the pain we felt at the loss. Nevertheless,

[:"red"] "....in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning" [/] Psalm 30:5 KJV

DOVE.gif

Blessings!

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Hi BAPM,

I lost my father 3 years ago, he died 10 weeks after a stroke, slowly and inexorably deteriorating. He was a good age and had suffered enough - but it was a strange empty feeling when he died. I miss most the sharing of stories and other things with him, knowing he would have enjoyed them.

Another loss I suffered - quite unexpectedly - was 30 years ago when my daughter was stillborn with a severe abnormality which was not diagnosed before then, as we had no scans in that country. That felt very close to being completely winded by running into a brick wall, and a feeling of why was the world still going on when my baby was dead. I asked God a lot of questions, and came to know eventually that trying to find reasons only raises more questions, sometimes more devastating than the original ones. God showed Job in his time of deep distress that He, God was there and in control. And Job was content with that anwer.

There is no "right" way to grieve, and you are going to have a long hard road seeing the disease taking its toll on your mother. Do not be afraid to share your feelings with her and with those close to you both.

God bless you and your family.

I lost my Grandma to bone cancer 9 months ago. She raised me starting when I was 3 and lasting 6 years.I still get teary eyed when I hear the Song grace like rain which is a has Amazing Grace in it. I had to lean on God and my family alot durring my grandma's last days. When I would leave the hospice from visiting her and when I would get home I would break down and cry cause she looked so weak and helpless. The last thing I remeber doing with her was watching wheel of fortune with her. And then couple days later I got a call saying she was fading. I remember her responding to my voice one last time and I stayed with her for several hours. I all I could do was pray that God would take her quick and end her suffering. My adopted family was very suportive of me and came to the funeral. OUr family had a double grief. cause several weeks before my grandma died, Paul's grandpa died. His funeral was really hard on my cause I knew the next on would be for my grandma. You will have good days and bad days. I get though my days with Gods help. I just have to believe that one day soon I will see those I lost in Heaven. I will be praying for you.

.....Love others as well as you love yourself.

Matt 22:39 (The Message Bible)

BAP -

I am so sorry to hear of the trials you are going through right now. My mother died of cancer. She was almost, but not quite, 49 years old, and I was 27.

It was 1989, I had an 18 month old daughter and a nine month old son. My husband and I were living in Texas, my parents lived in Seattle. I worked for MCI, and could call home from the office and chat for free. I worked in an office all to my self, doing something that didn't required a whole lot of concentration, so I would get stuff started, and then call my mom.

Even though we were far away, I spent a lot of time on the phone with her. Several hours a day a couple of times a week.

In August I became dreadfully concerned, because she kept getting weaker and weaker when I talked to her, and I didn't feel like I was getting a straight answer from any of my 4 brothers or their wives in the area. So my husband and I arranged for my 18 month old daughter and I to travel to Seattle. I got there, and spent time visiting with my mom.

I have 4 vivid memories and one enormous regret from my week long stay. I don't remember the order of the first three memories... but they are important, and I will relate them here.

First Memory: Mom had to go for a radiation treatment at Swedish Hospital. I went with my dad to take her, and took my daughter. Mama asked to hold her, and Sammi climbed so gently into her lap, and sat so still. Then she reached up and patted her cheek so gently. I can still see the dress my mama was wearing, and recall her and Sammi enjoying the fish in the colorful fishtank in the waiting room.

Second Memory: Mama had to go back in the hospital for a couple of days while we were there. My step-brothers and their wives held a meeting to decide what the family could do to help dad when mom got out of the hospital. I attended, being the only one there who was actually my mom's child. The conversation kept turning to how to afford hospice care or in-home aid while mom recovered. I listened and didn't say much, until I just couldn't stand it anymore.

I stopped the flow of conversation and said, "You are deluding yourselves. Mom might come home from the hospital this time, but she will not live to see Christmas. Trying to determine how to help dad until Mom is well is futile. Instead we should be trying to figure out how we will help him pay for the funeral and get through the horrendous months coming as he grieves her loss."

I was castigated, flamed, called horrible names and told I was cold and callous. I looked at them and said, this is MY mama we're talking about. Don't you think I'd rather she lived?

I got up and left the meeting and drove back to my mom's and dad's.

Memory Three: My dad was playing with my daughter in the living room and I was sitting with my mom. We were talking, and I knew, could tell, we were also saying goodbye. We were taking a trip down memory lane, talking about kindergarten, birthdays, childhood memories. I was sitting close to my mama, but was soooo afraid to touch her in case I made her hurt worse.

She asked me to sing a couple of songs I had learned in kindergarten and first grade. They had always been favorites of hers, ballads and story songs... songs I hadn't thought of in years. She asked me to tell the story of Epamanondus, a story handed down to me from my grandmother and great-grandmother.

And then she reached out to me, and said, "Please, please touch me. Hold my hand or something. Hug me. I am going to die, and I want to be touched. No one touches me anymore." *tears*

I was so hurt, so disappointed in myself that I had to be asked, that I hadn't known. I held her hand, and hugged her. And I know I caused her great pain, her body was so burned from the radiation treatments and she was soo nauseated from the chemotherapy. She was wretching every 90 seconds or so, dry heaves.

I was so not ready for mama to die. I remember feeling as though the ground had been swept out from under my feet. My whole world was rocked, and even though I was surrounded by family, no one could see that this time she wasn't going to win. This time it was ending, and I was alone with this realization.

My biggest regret is that she was so isolated from human touch she had to ask me to touch her. And it was torn from her as though she had finally punched through some barrier that had kept her from asking sooner. 15 years later it still has the power to make me cry. Not because I haven't forgiven myself my ignorance, but because I so clearly recall her emotional pain that didn't have to be.

I think, looking back now, that she was grateful for someone who recognized the finality of the coming days for her. She had been through her own stages of grieving, denial, and had reaced acceptance and peace with Abba Father, and had no one to share it with.

I miss her so much. There are huge holes in my life where her understanding, her pride in me, and her appreciation of accomplishments I've made are missing. 10 years later when I was at the top of my game in the busines world, had stock options from multiple companies and appeared to have the world by the tail, she was the one I wanted to share it with. She had been a business woman all her life, and would have appreciated most fully the implications of my career.

I grieved her loss again that year. I would drive home from work, a 45 minute drive, with tears streaming down my face, sometimes crying so hard I could barely see to drive. If all those D.C. drivers had known how little of the road I could see, they'd all have gotten out of my way. I don't mean once in a while I'd cry my way home, but every night for 6 months. I'd walk in the door with tear stains on my face, and pretend nothing was wrong. It's only now that I understand my husband thought I was crying because I was coming home and he was there... But I couldn't talk about it.

The Fourth Memory: Me. Standing at a phone booth, it's night time, and pouring down rain in Seattle. I'm sobbing into the phone telling my husband I can't stay the rest of the week, I have to come home, I can't do this anymore. Please call me at my parents and tell me I have to come home, find any excuse, any reason.

He did, and I left 5 days earlier than I had planned.

That was September. My mama died that November, just after Thanksgiving. Her funeral was on my birthday.

I didn't think I could attend the funeral just because I didn't think I could survive the pain. But I went. I drove me to my knees in pain to think she wasn't there anymore... and at that time I wasn't walking with True Jesus. I had no hope of a resurrection morning because I knew at that moment I wouldn't be there.

Now, although I miss her dreadfully, I am fully cognizant that we are in the last days of the last days. Soon I will see my mama again... and if I can drag my attention from Jesus long enough I will rejoice in her presence. But that means I'd have to get her attention. I'm quite sure she will be gazing rapturously on His wonderful Face too. But we will have plenty of time. smile.gif

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

Dear Beapeacemaker:

Your mom hasn't died yet! Enjoy her while you have her and support her any way you can!

Has she had Chemotherapy or Radiation? Having the Cancer get into the Lymph Nodes is not a good sign, but it's also not a death sentence yet!

I am a 12-year survivor of Breast Cancer and I have a friend who had Colon Cancer 6 years ago. Even better, my Aunt had Lung Cancer 14 years ago and is doing great!

We're all going to die unless Jesus comes first, but it doesn't have to be from Cancer.

I haven't lost my mother, although she lives almost a thousand miles from me. She's 79 years old. When I do lose her here on earth, I do know that I will see her again at the Second Coming. I love her while she's here and can't wait to see her in heaven without all the health problems.

Chemotherapy and Radiation are not fun to experience, but family and friends and of course, the Lord, can help her get through it! Make anything she eats taste good because she will probably lose it!!!

I only had one chemotherapy treatment but lost all of my hair!!! The good part was when it grew back, my hair was thicker and curlier than before! A traumatic and expensive permanent, but worth it!

Please keep us updated on your mom's situation. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there!! ---- Denise Farquhar cool.gif

"If you're all God has, is God in trouble?

-- Dr. Frederick K.C. Price

I have read thru this thread with tears running down my face. I lost my mama, not to cancer, but to ALS. That was in 2000, and I still miss her so much that I could cry @ times. Just today at the hospital I saw someone's birth year which is the same as Mama's, and got that old "tape" running thru my mind.......here this person is, and my mama is sleeping, it just isn't fair.

It is hard to watch someone you love go thru all the pain and deterioration. In a way, ALS and Lung Cancer are similar as they rob one of the ability to breath.

It was so hard to watch my strong, beautiful mother go from walking fast with her head held high to being unable to even lift her own foot, having to be hoisted out of bed by a hoyer lift to go to the bathroom, and having to have someone else wipe her bottom.

My sister had the privilege of having her in her home for her last 7 months. It was a difficult time for sister as she was "on call" 24/7. I lived out of state, but did get to see her 3 times her last year. I was privileged to get her last smile and to spend her last few days on this earth with her.

I will never forget the day that she died.......we were expecting it, but when we saw her draw her last breath it was awful. She changed before our eyes......it felt so empty and the pain was so acute we thought that we would die. I don't know how we could have survived if we hadn't been together. And, I don't know how I would still survive if I didn't have the hope of the resurrection. I read and reread those wonderful texts of promise and they brought such comfort....only the comfort that God can give.

All I can say is, hold fast to our wonderful Jesus. Live each day to its fullest. Expect some cranky times from your mother as she is going to be going thru her own grieving at the loss of her life. Do as much for her as you can, and you will have no regrets when it is over.

Do consider having Hospice for her when the time is right. They do such a wonderful job of keeping folks comfortable, whatever that means to each individual. The nurses will explain what to expect in real language and let you ask questions. Hospice does not mean no care, it means no more painful treatments and ER runs. And, who knows, maybe it will be a LONG way off before the end comes for her.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you in the coming days, weeks, and months. Please keep us updated on your Mother's condition and how you are coping. You are definitely NOT alone, even tho it feels that way right now. And, do no apologize to anyone for crying!! It is a healthy outlet. It clears the mind and washes the eyes.

God bless,

Bobbie

Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.

Thanks everyone for being so open and willing to share with me. It is good to know that I am not alone and that others have experience similar thoughts and emotions. As well, I really appreciate the advice that has been given and will endeavour to follow it.

Cleo said this:

Quote:

I miss her so much. There are huge holes in my life where her understanding, her pride in me, and her appreciation of accomplishments I've made are missing. 10 years later when I was at the top of my game in the busines world, had stock options from multiple companies and appeared to have the world by the tail, she was the one I wanted to share it with. She had been a business woman all her life, and would have appreciated most fully the implications of my career.

Cleo I am so glad that you wrote about this, as my mother is the one who I go to when I complete a new painting or art work. Her pride in me and appreciation of my accomplishments are very important to me and I was feeling guilty and selfish for thinking about it. I feel better about it now I know that someone else feels same.

Mum goes for chemotherapy Thursday July 28 at 2:15 pm. I will let you all know how she progresses. Thanks again for making this time more bearable.

• Moderators

Just tagging along.

Reading the threads brought tears to my eyes. One thing for sure, as long as we are in enemy territory, we shall suffer loss of one kind or another sooner or later. We may be able to explain them away intellectually & theologically, but the heart will never thoroughly accept it or understand it.

I can't explain why those of you who lost loved ones lost them, and here I am at the moment alive & well, having just survived two cancer operations in the last 6 mos. But if time lasts long enough, I too will go to the grave, and my son will be grieving & asking the same questions. So let us praise our Lord for the good times we have had with those we lost & for the hope that someday soon, we will see them again, and we will all shed these corruptible bodies to suffer neither illness, decay, nor death anymore.

Gerry

• Moderators

There is always loss around. Gerry I pray for your health.

Sammy received news on Sabbath that his youngest brother had died in Indonesia. The location makes it difficult to get there for the funeral today. As you say, while we are here there will be loss -as always, thank God for the blessed hope.

Nan, So sorry to hear of your brother-in-law's passing. It always hurts to lose those we love......May God be with you and your Sammy's family in this time of grief. 1_prayer001.gif

• Moderators

Thank you, Nan. My condolences to you & your husband about the loss of your brother-in-law.

Gerry

Thank you for the empathy puddles... My emotions and attitude are much different today. My mother could not have withstood what is coming... she would have been horrified beyond her ability to bear I think.

When my husband met her for the first time she was vacuuming in her heels, pearls, skirt, sweater and apron... He told me later he thought he's stepped into the twilight zone to meet June Cleaver.

I do think True Jesus had her best interests in mind... but you never know.. she was an awesome lady.

(((Puddles)))

We have a niece we call puddles.... she's a lifeguard... and has a tendency to leave pool puddles in the kitchen on really hot days...

Clio

Quote:

DeniseFarquhar said:

Dear Beapeacemaker:

Your mom hasn't died yet! Enjoy her while you have her and support her any way you can! ---- Denise Farquhar
cool.gif

Denise is soooo right, BAPM. Enjoy your mama while you have her. Arrange quality time doing things she really enjoys. Do what you can to focus her thinking in a positive direction.

Cancer patients with a positive outlook, something to live for have much better response to treatment... and you'll feel better too.

Oh... and you should also know my mother survived breast cancer for 10 years, beginning in 1978. There have been huge strides forward in the last 25 years.

One of the things my mom really liked to do, was take an elegant picnic basket, filled with all the goodies her docs told her she shouldn't eat, and take it to a Seattle area park once a month. She was good the rest of the time and drank her fresh carrot juice with wheatgrass juice (EEEEEWWWW!!!) twice a day, ate her dark green and leafy vegetables, her orange and yellow vegetables...

Fred Meyer has some gorgeously elegant, just after a mom and daughter's hearts, picnic baskets. Mom's favorite luncheon was a baguette, some spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs, strawberries (dipped in chocolate if available!) Martinelli's sparkling apple cider or white grape juice, pears, and a broccoli salad with sunflower seeds, raisins, shredded carrots, and a yoghurt dressing.

We would go once a month and spend 3 or 4 hours at the waterfront park with our basket, a kite, and some books. When my husband and I moved to Texas, those had to stop, but I called her every single day for 3 years after that.

Another thing my mom learned to do in those years after we moved away was to tell stories. There was a program at the local library that brought in storytellers from local First Nation cultures. She was fascinated by their oral traditions and the immense impression their skill in storytelling left on the children. She struck up a friendship with one of the storytellers, and began learning the art of storytelling.

I think maybe that's why she wanted to hear the story of Epamanondus when I went to see her in the last few weeks of her life. I'm GOOD at telling that story. Come to think of it, the ballads she asked for were also stories...

Enjoy her while you've got her. Make some memories to hang on to, and help her to understand you love her, deep in her bones. It helps.

Clio

((((Morning Glory))))

It's so hard when we lose our loved one to some form of dementia first and then to death. It is almost like we've lost them twice... My grandmother lived with my husband and I when were were young parents. She had ALS, and we finally had to put her in a specialized situation.

At the time, we had 3 lils under the age of 4, and Grandma couldn't be left alone. It was an agonizing decision, and I grieved again for her when she died.

Every time I see your screen name, I think to myself "There will be glory in the Morning..."

I see it as a beacon of hope to those who come across you online.

Clio

Quote:

Cleo I am so glad that you wrote about this, as my mother is the one who I go to when I complete a new painting or art work. Her pride in me and appreciation of my accomplishments are very important to me and I was feeling guilty and selfish for thinking about it. I feel better about it now I know that someone else feels same.

Oh BAPM, do NOT feel guilty about your feelings. Whatever they are, they are YOUR feelings, and you are entitled to process them without feeling guilty about how they may appear to others.

Wallow in them, give yourself time to process them, show them to True Jesus, see what He has to say. He already knows you have them, He's just waiting for you to show them to Him and tell Him about them. You are losing, for now, a huge foundational part of your life.

And it's a part we were never created to have to lose. Remember, when Adam and Eve were created, there was no death. They were going to be able to raise their children in perfect joy, teaching them in perfection until the children were adults. And Adam and Eve would continue.

We were gifted with emotions, it was sin that made them painful. Take your feelings to True Jesus, and show Him your pain. As you work through them, don't forget to take the time to refill your compassion and love tanks so you can water your mama's remaining time with both.

(((((((((BAPM))))))))))))))

Clio

Gerry! It's wonderful that you are still here, and that your surgeries were successful!

Do not feel, for even one moment, that niggling of survivor's guilt that so many cancer survivors feel. We are grateful you are here, and can contribute to our lives.

True Jesus knows what is best for each of us... and it's not the same, and it's not always life. True Jesus has only the best for each of us at heart... His heart is full of compassion for all of us. We are so frail and fragile due to the ravages of sin.

His perspective is different from ours. Sometimes, for some of us, the way to eternal life leads through the valley of the shadow of death. And sometimes, the way for those of us left living, and feeling the loss, is through our loved one's valley.

Thank You Jesus for sparing Gerry, and allowing our lives to touch...even through this medium.

Clio

Nan -

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother-in-law. Somehow, even though separated by distance, I've always felt the world to be a bit dimmer, when someone I love dies.

I cannot imagine how True Jesus must feel when someone He knows to have rejected His offering of salvation dies... and there is no hope.

I'm also very saddened to hear you won't be able to make it to the funeral. It can be very hard when the survivors don't have their chance to grieve, say goodbye, and gain some perspective.

((((Nan & Sammi)))

Clio

• Moderators

Thanks from us both, Clio. I have not met members of Sammy's extended family, we have only known each other a little over 2 years and I have not visited those parts of Indonesia with him. So I feel much more for him than for myself. He is the only SDA, but the rest of the family continue in the faith of their upbringing. And we certainly have the hope of meeting again.

Thank you, Clio, for your kind words. Tho, I do have to say that my mother did not have dementia. The ALS affects the skelatal-muscular system, only. That is part of the tragedy of ALS. The muscles loose the capacity to respond until you can't even breathe. That is usually what kills one with ALS. Brutal. frown.gif There is no way that I would want mama or anyone else to live in that state.....I want my HEALTHY mama back!! Am soooo looking forward to the resurrection!!!

Thank you for your for your comment on my screen name. I took that for my "handle' when CB radios were big, back in the 70's, I worked the night shift, so that name made me feel better about having to work while the world slept!!

Quote:

Beapeacemaker said:

I was just wondering if

Thank you

Bapm

I'm not sure whether this is exactly what you're looking for, BAPM, but it arrived in my mail box today. It seemed to address some of the questions that come up when I know that I have very little under control.

[:"blue"] "MEMO FROM GOD:

>>

>>Effective immediately, please be aware that there are changes you

need

> to make in your life These changes need to be completed in order that

I

> may fulfill my promises to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness

in

> this life. I apologize for any inconvenience, but after all that I am

> doing, this seems very little to ask of you. I know, I already gave

you

> the

> 10

>

>>Commandments. Keep them. But follow these guidelines, also.

>>

>>1. QUIT WORRYING

>>

>>Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. Have you

>>forgotten that I am here to take all your burdens and carry them for

> you?

>>Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your

> way?

>>

>>2. PUT IT ON THE LIST

>>

>>If something needs done or taken care of. Put it on the list. No, not

> YOUR list Put it on MY to-do-list. Let ME be the one to take care of

the

> problem. I can't help you until you turn it over to me. And although

My

> to-do-list is long, I am after all, God. I can take care of anything

> you put into My hands. In fact, if the truth were ever really known,

I

> take care of a lot of things for you that you never even realize.

>>

>>3. TRUST ME

>>

>>Once you've given your burdens to Me , quit trying to take them back.

> Trust in Me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs,

> your problems and your trials. Problems with the kids? Put them on My

> list.

> Problem with finances? Put it on My list. Problems with your

emotional

> roller coaster? For My sake, put it on My list. I want to help you.

All

> you have to do is ask.

>>

>>4. LEAVE IT ALONE

>>

>>Don't wake up one morning and say, 'Well, I'm feeling much stronger

> now, I think I can handle it from here.' Why do you think you are

> feeling stronger now? It's simple. You gave Me your burdens and I'm

> taking care of them. I also renew your strength and cover you in My

> peace. Don't you know that if I give you these problems back, you

will

> be right back where you started? Leave them with Me and forget about

> them. Just let Me do My job.

>>

>>5. TALK TO ME

>>

>>I want you to forget a lot of things. Forget what was making you

crazy.

> Forget the worry and the fretting because you know I'm in control But

> there's one thing I pray you never forget. Please don't forget to

talk

> to Me - OFTEN! I love you. I want to hear your voice. I want you to

> include Me in on the things going on in your life. I want to hear you

> talk about your friends and family. Prayer is simply you having a

> conversation with Me.

>

> I want to be your dearest friend.

>>

>>6. HAVE FAITH

>>

>>I see a lot of things from up here that you can't see from where you

> are. Have faith in Me that I know what I'm doing. Trust Me , you

> wouldn't want the view from My eyes. I will continue to care for you,

> watch over you, and meet your needs. You only have to trust Me.

Although

> I have a much bigger task than you, it seems as if you have so much

> trouble just doing your simple part. How hard can trust be?

>>

>>7. SHARE

>>

>>You were taught to share when you were only two years old. When did

you

> forget? That rule still applies. Share with those who are less

> fortunate than you. Share your joy with those who need encouragement.

> Share your laughter with those who haven't heard any in such a long

> time.

> Share

> your tears with those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith

> with those who have none.

>>

>>8. BE PATIENT

>>

>>I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime you could have so many

> diverse experiences. You grow from a child to an adult, have

children,

> change jobs many times, learn many trades, travel to so many places,

> meet thousands of people, and experience so much. How can you be so

> impatient then when it takes Me a little longer than you expect to

> handle something on My to-do-list? Trust in My timing, for My timing

is

> perfect. Just because

> I created the entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I

should

> always rush, rush, rush.

>>

>>9. BE KIND

>>

>>Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They

may

> not dress like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do,

but I

> still love you all. Please try to get along, for My sake. I created

each

> of you different in some way. It would be too boring if you were all

> identical. Please know I love each of your differences.

>>

>>10. LOVE YOURSELF

>>

>>As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself? You were

created

> by Me for one reason only - to be loved, and to love in return. I am

a

> God of Love. Love Me. Love your neighbors. But also love yourself. It

> makes My heart ache when I see you so angry with yourself when

things

> go

> wrong.

> You are very precious to Me. Don't ever forget that!

>>

>>With all My heart , I love you,

>>

>>GOD

" [/]

Lift Jesus up!!