ClubAdventist is back!

LynnDel's sister-in-law

LynnDel

• Moderators

Dear old and new friends on CA,

My sister-in-law (twin to my late husband), a life-time health "nut" was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer with metastases to multiple organs three weeks ago, after having had no symptoms at all. At that time she was given two to eight weeks to live. Please pray for her and her husband as they enter into this too-short and difficult phase in their lives. Healing would, of course, be wonderful, but we pray in God's will and praise Him for His work in our lives, no matter the means. Pray especially for their courage and for their salvation, for them to open their hearts to God's love and care.

I am flying to Washington, DC, to see her this coming Sunday, and I must admit that I am a little fearful about flying, especially to that area, due to what looks like the end-time disintegration of good will in our society. So please pray for me, too!

Thank you,

LynnDel

LD

prayer Please Father, make your presence felt in LynnDel's life as she travels to an area, an uncertain place, for the sake of someone who needs her. At the best in this world You know we cannot survive without Your overruling care, and it is these places You often send one of Your closest friends, to speak for You the Words that will carry them through the darkness, with strength and hope for a better tomorrow, no matter the present darkness.

Thank you for your willingness to meet all of our needs, according to your riches in glory. And whether or not the immediate results mean a longer life here in this sad world, may our hope in you grant that which will glorify your name and give the promise of one day meeting you in the earth made new.

In Jesus name and for His sake, we pray in thanks for Your opening providences. Amen and Amen! prayer

God cares!

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

So sorry to hear that. Will add them and you to our pray list. Also praying for a safe flight to and than back home again.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Thank you, dgrimm. It looks like just hours now. I am still flying out tomorrow to see her, if I can get there in time. If not, I will be there for support of the family.

LD

• Moderators

Thank you. I was one foot from stepping onto the plane this morning when I got a call that Linda is comatose and will not last more than a few hours. I would not get there in time to even hold her hand. It's so sad. So I walked back up the ramp to the terminal and came home.

LD

LD

Thank you. I was one foot from stepping onto the plane this morning when I got a call that Linda is comatose and will not last more than a few hours. I would not get there in time to even hold her hand. It's so sad. So I walked back up the ramp to the terminal and came home.

LD

Do you have any confidence, LynnDel, that your sister-in-law had trust in Jesus?

Precious (important and no light matter) in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints (His loving ones).

Psalm 116:15 AMP

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

Sorry to hear that LD

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

I do not have that confidence, LHC, but I need to find out what the last thing she said was before she went to sleep. Maybe she did say something about her faith. I do know that part of what she said she was thankful that she had had a good life.

LD

• Moderators

I wouldn't have canceled my trip, except that I learned at least four family representatives are already there with the grieving husband, and I felt my presence at this time would just make the situation more complicated. If family hadn't been there for comfort, I would have made the trip, even if she was already gone.

LD

• Administrators

God be with you and your grieving family.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Administrators

((((( LynnDel )))))

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I do not have that confidence, LHC, but I need to find out what the last thing she said was before she went to sleep. Maybe she did say something about her faith. I do know that part of what she said she was thankful that she had had a good life.

We have this confidence based on a couple of principles of character, LynnDel, I would suggest applying to anyone who finds themselves being thankful for the good things while they were here on this earth. Maybe it's a stretch for some, but when it refers to our Father's insatiable appetite to save in His Kingdom, those He loves, we can accept that faith as a grain of mustard seed, does not remain without God's power to make it bear fruit. Only those that deliberatly and maliciously reject God's overtures to make them His own will be found deficient in the resurrection.

And we also have this hope.

"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."Matthew 18:19 KJV

We, my wife and I, and any others that might wish to agree that God allow us to meet your sister-in-law in the home He is preparing for His own, I'm satisfied Jesus is not only capable but willing to fulfill that request.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I am sorry for your loss.

Gracious Father,

Please tend to LynnDel, her husband, and family during this time of loss. Wrap Your loving arms around them, let them all know they are loved and comforted. Let Your caring show through, and lift before them the happy blessings You have given to them through her life. Let there be healing amidst the tears.

In Jesus' name,

Amen

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Administrators

I am so very sorry for your loss. You and the family are in prayer. {{LynnDel}}

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Moderators

Thank you all so much for your prayers and comfort. This loss of my late husband's twin in a way freshens the loss I felt when I lost him. It doesn't seem right that two people who were so focused on living a healthy life should be gone too soon because their bodies failed them. But God is in control, and I know He has us all in His hands.

LD

LD

Thank you all so much for your prayers.... God is in control, and I know He has us all in His hands.

LD

:like::like: God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!