ClubAdventist is back!

Which order would you choose?

Stan

A religion professor asked his students to put in order of importance these 4 qualities: purity, orthodoxy, sincerity, and faith. What order would you put them in?

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Administrators

Sincerity, faith, purity, orthodoxy.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

Faith, purity, sincerity, orthodoxy,

Faith: allover all hold on to a relationship with Jesus.

Purity: Wanting to get as close as I can to the original meaning of the text and proper reapplication, wanting to be as fair to the text as possible. Willing to modify my views as I learn more about the Bible.

Sincerity: Wanting to follow Christ according to how I sincerely understand the scriptures.

Orthodoxy: Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater (such as with 1844) but realizing that tradition can become too strong and frequently has come from time where we understood the Bible less.

• Moderators

Sincerity worries me as a top priority: those sincere in their wrong beliefs are the most dangerous of all.

Truth is important

Sincerity worries me as a top priority: those sincere in their wrong beliefs are the most dangerous of all.

I agree.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Ahhhh, but I sincerely believe that I am not wrong! However...neither do I sincerely believe that I am right.....in everything!

This would be the definition that I feel is appropriate when using the word in a descriptive form.

sincerity

noun

the quality of being free from pretense, deceit, or hypocrisy

Of course those other three words in the def. bring up other thoughts. I see sincerity as not being much different than honesty...with self.

Even the Muslim Terrorist is sincere, deeply sincere...ly mistaken, but sincere!

When every earthly support has been removed, no one will care about your orthodoxy, purity or sincerity. It's just you and God, faith is all you have.

• Administrators

Ahhhh, but I sincerely believe that I am not wrong! However...neither do I sincerely believe that I am right.....in everything!

This would be the definition that I feel is appropriate when using the word in a descriptive form.

sincerity

noun

the quality of being free from pretense, deceit, or hypocrisy

Of course those other three words in the def. bring up other thoughts. I see sincerity as not being much different than honesty...with self.

That was precisely why I put it first. None of the rest mean anything without sincerity.

But I also agree with Bravus that there are more important things than those listed. The truth is that if I was asked to name the top 4 most important things, one or more of those wouldn't be on the list.

But that of course was not the assignment. It was to prioritize among only those 4 words.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

purity sincerity faith orthodoxy.

blessed are the pure in heart, purity is godliness.

i could not have purity unless i had faith already.

so there is poor logic to the question.

if i had sincerity it would also a divine miracle of grace, i would have God.

if i already had God then perhaps i was not living by faith but by sight. if i was pure and honest then perhaps i would walk with God by sight

if i had lots of faith and could move mountains but did not have love i would be nothing.

perhaps purity and sincerity are components of love.

from confucius

Sincerity is the way of Heaven. The attainment of sincerity is the way of men. He who possesses sincerity is he who, without an effort, hits what is right, and apprehends, without the exercise of thought — he is the sage who naturally and easily embodies the right way. He who attains to sincerity is he who chooses what is good, and firmly holds it fast. To this attainment there are requisite the extensive study of what is good, accurate inquiry about it, careful reflection on it, the clear discrimination of it, and the earnest practice of it.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Administrators

Faith, purity, sincerity, orthodoxy.

{However, Love must come into play}

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God