ClubAdventist is back!

False Doctrine

David_McQueen

How does one measure what is true or false doctrine?

Almost all Christian denominations can point to certain scriptures and extra biblical traditions, etc to support their beliefs from 1844 to Mariology and everything in between.

How does one determine who is or is not speaking a doctrine that is false or not?

By testing it against the Bible. Not just favorite texts, but the entire compendium of what the Bible has to say, factoring Abba Father's personality, and attributes, and lots and lots of prayer.

For instance, is the doctrine consistent in all ways with all attributes of the Father? Is the doctrine in agreement with the entire compendium of information found in Scripture with regard to this topic? What is the fruit in the lives of those living according to this doctrine? Does this promote a closer relationship with True Jesus? Does the Holy Spirit and True Jesus and Abba Father bless your life if you incorporate this doctrine and the attendant actions into your life?

That last is a horrible way to determine if a doctrine be false or not.

Rather than ask myself all those questions, I usually do the following.

Someone presents a new concept to me. I immediately take it to True Jesus in prayer. I ask for confirmation from the Scriptures, and confirmation from two witnesses who have no idea I'm wrestling with that topic. Then I pray about it some more. When I have True Jesus peace, biblical support, and two confirming witnesses, then I'm generally ready to consider it as Truth.

But only because I've walked this out enough that I know in my knower that's how True Jesus works in my life.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

Quote:

David_McQueen said:

How does one determine who is or is not speaking a doctrine that is false or not?

[:"red"] "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God" [/] John 7:17 KJV

[:"red"] "...if any one may will to do His will, he shall know concerning the teaching, whether it is of God..." [/] John 7:17 YLT

[:"red"] "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." [/]

John 16:13 NKJV

[:"red"] "But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness,

Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].

And those who belong to Christ Jesus (the Messiah) have crucified the flesh (the godless human nature) with its passions and appetites and desires.

If we live by the [Holy] Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. [if by the Holy Spirit we have our life in God, let us go forward walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.]" [/] Gal 5:22-25 AMP All brackets and parenthesis theirs LHC

DOVE.gif

Lift Jesus up!!