ClubAdventist is back!

Wolves in sheep's clothing....

Stan

Wolves in sheep's clothing...., they come here.. and other places.. dressed up as adventist and post messages to destroy credibility of adventist and the Church, a good example of the is the youtube about Barry Black speaking in tongues, he is not and they are misrepresenting this.

Too many of the slammers of the Church here are actually not members of the Church but members of various offshoots, as well as those that are impersonating the Adventist Church via identity theft.

I have no problem with those that are not active in the Adventist Church being here at all. It is those who are Wolves in sheep's clothing that concern me.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClubV12

• Ted Oplinger

• Woody

• BobRyan

• Members

Wolves in sheep's clothing...., they come here.. and other places.. dressed up as adventist and post messages to destroy credibility of adventist and the Church, a good example of the is the youtube about Barry Black speaking in tongues, he is not and they are misrepresenting this.

Too many of the slammers of the Church here are actually not members of the Church but members of various offshoots, as well as those that are impersonating the Adventist Church via identity theft.

I have no problem with those that are not active in the Adventist Church being here at all. It is those who are Wolves in sheep's clothing that concern me.

:like:

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Moderators

Some people believe that the Gospel is the good news that the church is going to hell in a hand-basket. I remember once one of these papers carried an article talking about the importance of the color "Red" to the Catholic church. They followed that article with a press release that Loma Linda University will be participating in "Red Ribbon Week" which is a health emphases program.

But also knowing some of these things that are going around and able to discuss them are useful. The ones that bother me some are those who post something like that then flee not willing to participate in the discussion.

In the Desire of Ages Mrs. White described in the communion chapter "There is in man a disposition to esteem himself more highly then his brethren. To serve self, to seek the highest place, and often this results in evil surmisings and bitterness of spirit."

The poet-philosopher Eli Siegel put it "There is in every person a disposition to think they are for themselves by making less of the outside world"

This is the sin problem. Sadly we can even us our faith to feed our sinful nature.

But also knowing some of these things that are going around and able to discuss them are useful. The ones that bother me some are those who post something like that then flee not willing to participate in the discussion.

Very well put, Kevin. That is why it is good to often check a "pot-stirring" or negative thread to see if the OP author joins the discussion. Hit and run threads are disservice to all.

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

I have heard quite a bit of the charismatic style of speaking in tongues - and I have to admit it did sound like Pastor Black was doing it (even though I did not comment on that thread before seeing this thread now) - but perhaps he was speaking some native tongue in Australia or Africa.

Apparently you did find out what it was - I am very interested to know what language it is that sounds just like the Charismatic form of tongues I have heard so often.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Administrators

AMEN!! thumbsup The more we engage in debates with these people/posters the more they are encouraged

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Thanks for mentioning this Stan, all those who love the Church need to remember this is a fact. It isn't going away entirely, never will. How and when to deal with it is problematic. Sometimes I have to deal with it in my own Church, sometimes I make mistakes in dealing with it. You learn, come to higher ground, move on.

The Boston bomber that was killed? He was causing disruptions in his Mosque and had been told to be quiet during service or he would have to leave. That Mosque is now refusing the burial service for him, saying he has no part in Muslim.

So, were not the only ones that have to deal with these issues. There is a time to be gentle and a time to be firm. God help us to get it right.

The counsel is to not tear down others, but present the truth only. Then again, there were times when Sister White had to take action and do what she called, "meet it" (a crisis).

• Administrators

Amen to all comments AND the OP!!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

AMEN!! thumbsup The more we engage in debates with these people/posters the more they are encouraged

Very important to remember! As I have said before particularly to those who seem unable to restrain themselves from responding, "Don't feed the trolls."

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

The offshoots often state how 'corrupt' the Church something using 'facts' that are far from truth. They believe they have the message telling adventist to 'come out of her my people' meaning they are to sucker adventist to join their minuscule organization organization and fund it.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

I'm still chuckling over Toms comment from a few days ago.

Paraphrase alert, "Those who leave us (the Church) should leave us alone." :)

• Administrators

I'm still chuckling over Toms comment from a few days ago.

Paraphrase alert, "Those who leave us (the Church) should leave us alone." :)

:mj:

Amen!!!

• Administrators

The offshoots often state how 'corrupt' the Church something using 'facts' that are far from truth. They believe they have the message telling adventist to 'come out of her my people' meaning they are to sucker adventist to join their minuscule organization organization and fund it.

Now we are down to the bottom-line!

Stay with the ship, brethren.

But if not ... please jump way clear.

I believe in Hematology.

I'm seeing a new twist, locally at my Church, on this "calling people out because the Church is Babylon". Some off shoots have figured out that comes across as to radical. The "new" methodology is to stop just short of saying the Church is Babylon, in fact DENYING they say that at all. While continuing the same basic dialog as before. The Church has lost it's favor with God, is being punishied, is in apostasy, what should be the sincere Christians reaction to that? The strong suggestion is to remove your membership. Meanwhile, keep a low profile, continue coming to Church and target anyone new to that Church and especially new converts.

Often this means handing out literature. Having reviewed various literature some is clearly anti-organized Church and that is easy to deal with. Stop handing out that literature or else! Lately I've been seeing literature that is all true, but it has a strange slant to it, leaves you feeling uncomfortable but you can't put your finger on it.

Other literature takes advantage of various disputes on theological position within the Church. What is the daily. 1335 literal days, reapplied in the future, while acknowledging the original 1335 year Adventist belief. If you see that associated with a specific date, then there is no question it is false doctrine. 1888, 1901 and various other dates target exactly where the Church essentially became Babylon.

This stuff is not cut and dried. And we have a couple of folks around here that are very good at walking the edges of "mostly OK" and difficult to put your finger on.

Tried and true, tithe paying, upholders of the GC, etc, yes, us, can also be wolves in sheep's clothing. How often do we make statements about others within the church beliefs and say a that they are not following the 'true path', pastors and other church leaders do not 'know' the 'true gospel', etc. Much is said that discourages others, all in the spirit of speaking the 'real truth'. When we try to take the place of the HS, we become "wolves in sheep's clothing" to those on the same journey as ourselves.

I fear the 'wolves' on the inside more than those who are obvious wolves from without.

I would suggest that 'identity theft' applies anytime we choose or think to speak for God, however it is 'explained'.

Tried and true, tithe paying, upholders of the GC, etc, yes, us, can also be wolves in sheep's clothing. How often do we make statements about others within the church beliefs and say a that they are not following the 'true path', pastors and other church leaders do not 'know' the 'true gospel', etc. Much is said that discourages others, all in the spirit of speaking the 'real truth'. When we try to take the place of the HS, we become "wolves in sheep's clothing" to those on the same journey as ourselves.

I fear the 'wolves' on the inside more than those who are obvious wolves from without.

I would suggest that 'identity theft' applies anytime we choose or think to speak for God, however it is 'explained'.

thumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

I think it was Stans intention to specifically target off shoots, fanatics, identity theives and radicals who claim to be members of the Church (they might even have their name on the books) but do not support or encourage the brethren to stay with the Church and/or preach a different doctrine.

Whereas, CoAspen notes, with some accuracy, that even members in good standing can also be wolves. True, but not specific to the issues of this thread. Members do have a right, a responsibility even, to judge when Pastors or other members aren't "following the path". That judgment should be based on Church law and the Church manual. Open sin, for instance, is not following the path and that person needs to be alerted in some manner, even if it's the Pastor. Ryan Bell is a recent example of such action. Judging motives and applying standards outside of the Church manual requirements for membership is just wrong, period. Yes it happens, but it's not the subject of this thread as far as I can tell. Which deals with "posers", people claiming to be Adventists who are not.

Applying standards OUTSIDE the Church manual is a hallmark of and consistently applied by those who call the Church Babylon, in my experience. The early Church dealt with this. They concluded that the Gentiles should not be frustrated with circumcision, but should refrain from meat offered to idols. Gentiles still eating meat offered to idols, were indeed on the "wrong path" and needed to be counseled with.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

I believe in Hematology.

That sounds great Woody, more love and understanding and all that? What your really saying is the Church and it's members have no right to judge anybody for anything. Anything goes? No standards of membership required? Everyone welcome no matter what? Under no circumstances can the Church censure, discipline, disfellowship or deny membership to anybody for any reason?

If that is what you mean to say, your on the wrong path! I base that "judgment" on the Church organization, structure, laws and regulations. Which are a requirement of membership, by the way. One can be disfellowshipped for rejecting discipline handed down by the Church board for cause, for instance. Whoa, that sounds harsh!!! Well, it's Church law and I support the Church.

Originally Posted By: Stan

I have heard quite a bit of the charismatic style of speaking in tongues - and I have to admit it did sound like Pastor Black was doing it (even though I did not comment on that thread before seeing this thread now) - but perhaps he was speaking some native tongue in Australia or Africa.

Apparently you did find out what it was - I am very interested to know what language it is that sounds just like the Charismatic form of tongues I have heard so often.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

I would like to respond to your above post Bob, but I think it would be better done in the "Tongues" thread rather than this thread.

Stan has raised an important topic here I would hate to see it get to far off track.