ClubAdventist is back!

Who said it?

joeb

The following quotes were made by 3 different people. Who are they, and which quote/s did they make?

"The insanity of the Christian doctrine of redemption really doesn't fit at all into our time. Nevertheless there are learned, educated men, occupying high positions in public life, who cling to it with the faith of a child. It is simply incomprehensible how anybody can consider the Christian doctrine of redemption as a guide for the difficult life of today."

"If you board the wrong train it is of no use running along the corridor in the opposite direction."

"The church has only one altar, the altar of the Almighty...before which all creatures must kneel. Whoever seeks something other than this must keep away, he cannot join us in the house of God...The church has only one pulpit, and from that pupit, faith in God will be preached, and no other faith, and no other will than the will of God, however well-intentioned."

"It is much easier for me to imagine a praying murderer, a praying prostitute, than a vain person praying. Nothing is so at odds with prayer as vanity."

"It's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The following quotes were made by 3 different people. Who are they, and which quote/s did they make?

"The insanity of the Christian doctrine of redemption really doesn't fit at all into our time. Nevertheless there are learned, educated men, occupying high positions in public life, who cling to it with the faith of a child. It is simply incomprehensible how anybody can consider the Christian doctrine of redemption as a guide for the difficult life of today."

"If you board the wrong train it is of no use running along the corridor in the opposite direction."

"The church has only one altar, the altar of the Almighty...before which all creatures must kneel. Whoever seeks something other than this must keep away, he cannot join us in the house of God...The church has only one pulpit, and from that pupit, faith in God will be preached, and no other faith, and no other will than the will of God, however well-intentioned."

"It is much easier for me to imagine a praying murderer, a praying prostitute, than a vain person praying. Nothing is so at odds with prayer as vanity."

"It's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"

Joseph Goebbels

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Adolf Hitler

• Administrators

You should do that as a game using quotes you've seen on Clubadventist!

I think that we would be able to give good guesses as to who writes what, although Robert is no longer with us. His posts are pretty recognizable!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Joseph Goebbels

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Adolf Hitler

You're correct, but then you know that. :handshake:

Are you well-read or well-Googled?

Alexis de Tocqueville

I think that we would be able to give good guesses as to who writes what, although Robert is no longer with us. His posts are pretty recognizable!

I think that would be too easy. Even these quotes don't seem to pose much of a challenge, and they're fairly obscure.

Alexis de Tocqueville

• Moderators

I've been wondering about Robert. What happened to him?

Originally Posted By: OzarkWoman

Joseph Goebbels

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Adolf Hitler

You're correct, but then you know that. :handshake:

Are you well-read or well-Googled?

Well read. I have always loved history and even have a Masters in American history.

Well read. I have always loved history and even have a Masters in American history.

Ahhh. Great minds and all that....

I'm another history buff. I don't have a degree in it, but over the years I've read a lot of books on history and people who have done a lot to change to world. I'd estimate it's more than 300-400 books. A lot of those are on US history and the founding fathers.

Alexis de Tocqueville

Originally Posted By: Gail

I recall Gail saying somewhere here on CA that he'd been given a permanent vacation.

Alexis de Tocqueville

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo

I recall Gail saying somewhere here on CA that he'd been given a permanent vacation.

Yes, sorry, Gerry. I know how much you must miss him!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.