ClubAdventist is back!

Changing Views of Members About Women Pastors

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

From the North American Division Ministerial Association E-Newsletter - Exceptional Pastors - Changing Views of Members About Women Pastors

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

i believe the difficult part of a change in view on this topic comes from putting God in a box.

we cannot limit God.

It says in Joel, he will pour his Spirit on all flesh.

I believe children will be preaching and teaching through the power of the Holy Spirit, let alone women, and men.

i believe they have already before also.

Pressing the claims of the sacrifice Of Christ for those who are blind, and deaf, and lame, and dead in trespasses and sins, is what God wants us all to do. I am so glad Jesus came into the world, desperate and darkened, and established His kingdom, and set people free to enjoy peace and fullness of life, and still does this today.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Feminism enjoys a lot of momentum right now in western cultures. Two examples. As homosexuality is being forced upon our country, ecclesiological female headship is being pushed upon the church. Feminism has also greatly influenced the Earth Charter -- see article 11. Are we too quick in our pride to claim that feminism has no organic connection with the NAD push to ordain women? I think so!

I just read an article yesterday (from Ezra Institute) that identified androgyny as the ultimate sacrament of paganism disguised as Christianity. This from one of Ravi Zacharius' national managers. There is more here than meets to eye, friends.

Then today, I read this on Forbes.com website:

"The greatest want of the world is the want of men-men who will not be bought or sold; men who in their inmost souls are true and honest; men who do not fear to call sin by its right name; men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole; men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall" [They cited Ellen White as the source].

http://thoughts.forbes.com/thoughts/man-ellen-white-the-greatest-want

Blessings,

`oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

poke Change your glasses! Me thinks they are covered with something!

Correlation...correlation...throwing stuff on the wall and hoping it sticks!

Is your arm tired? peaceout

• Members

Tom, people will not change there view, they have made up there minds. The problem I have with the article is, there are already many female pastors. Have many members rejected them? Not sure, but I have not seen that.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

It really confirms something I have been saying for a long time. For those of us who have, or have had, a female pastor in their church, this comes as no surprise at all. In my experience of 35+ years of being in churches with female pastors, their calling and the fruit of that calling are unquestionably self-evident, certainly as much or more so than many of the ordained male pastors that I have encountered in those same years. Most of the opposition comes from those who have little or no real experience working with or being pastored by female pastors. As the testimony of those mentioned in the article confirms, any doubts or concerns tend to quickly disappear once they do experience the ministry of female pastors.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

So Ger, tell us about your own personal experience of being a member of a church with a female pastor. That is the topic of the thread and the article noted in the OP.

• Administrators

Quote:
As the testimony of those mentioned in the article confirms, any doubts or concerns tend to quickly disappear once they do experience the ministry of female pastors.

pastors are just human beings and they are seeking to be used by God to do his will serving to build up the kingdom of God on earth.

i do not put any pastor male or female under the microscope. if i do i am not going to find much.

when i am looking to Christ i am able to be forgiving and supportive towards everyone, my enemies, or my pastors, or my church family, or my neighbors.

i have received the benefit of Christian women ministering starting with my mother, then my sisters, and aunts and grandmothers. and then the same roles in the church family of God. and then by women who were laboring as chaplain, pastor and associate pastor. I believe in the priesthood of all believers.

i know God was working through them. i do not see them as perfect anymore then any of the male counter parts. God can and does work through anyone willing.

My i so walk with God that he can work through me in any way he chooses to.

deb

Love awakens love.

• Administrators

Exactly!

• 2 weeks later...

Are we too quick in our pride to claim that feminism has no organic connection with the NAD push to ordain women? I think so!

Then today, I read this on Forbes.com website:

"The greatest want of the world is the want of men-men who will not be bought or sold; men who in their inmost souls are true and honest; men who do not fear to call sin by its right name; men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole; men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall" [They cited Ellen White as the source].

http://thoughts.forbes.com/thoughts/man-ellen-white-the-greatest-want.

`oG

I firmly believe that she meant men in the biblical sense...I know the statement applied to herself to a "T".

What an apt statement, tho, for those who followed their convictions in those conferences which voted in WO, in spite of the opposition (to put it mildly).

Whatever is of God nothing can stop.

Whatever is of Satan God will take care of.

Our job is to make sure our own souls are right with God...we soon find we have little to say of others when busy with that!

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

About 33 years ago I was asked to be the pastor of a certain district where I stayed for three years. Aeveral years later and some time after I retired I was asked to serve again as the pastor of one of the same churches after f female pastor had served there for some years.

It was interesting to discover that some of the senior and most conservative members in that church told me in all sincerety that the woman who was leaving was unquestionably the best pastor that church had ever had.

I would give anything to be back in the day of EGW and listen to her. Any woman who had the power (Holy Spirit) to bring men to their knees had to have been awesome to listen to!

As yet I have not been in a church with a woman pastor - are we speaking of pastoring or preaching? - but I have heard a couple of sermons by females that really touched my heart and were quite convicting.

• Administrators

Quote:
It was interesting to discover that some of the senior and most conservative members in that church told me in all sincerety that the woman who was leaving was unquestionably the best pastor that church had ever had.

i am being taught by the Lord that effectiveness of ministry is all about how much we love God and are in submission to his will.

this is only by the working of God's spirit. How much is the heart of God in our words, our efforts?

God help us to learn His ways, His goodness, His greatness of mercy and wisdom.

deb

Love awakens love.

• Administrators

I would think that weak and humble might be good attributes to those chosen of God. They would realise their dependence on Him.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Be it male or female. I want a pastor who sins and knows what's it's like to plead with God for victory and to not receive it. The Holy Pastor need not apply in my book.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

"Be it male or female. I want a pastor who sins..."

I find boasting about sin to be as destructive as boasting about righteousness.

repent always,

G

..I want a pastor who sins

and knows what's it's like to plead with God for victory

and to not receive it.

The Holy Pastor need not apply in my book.

You might be quite upset with the Master Shepherd. They kicked Him out and crucified Him for such an example.

Jesus doesn't join the sin game in order to identify with us.

"Jesus doesn't join the sin game in order to identify with us."

Amen. People (one in particular) keep finding new ways to celebrate defeat.

`G

Originally Posted By: olger
repent always,

G

Are you really in Ohio?

I am, Sir.

Same-o, same-o.

Micah3:1And I said, Hear, I pray you, O heads of Jacob, and you princes of the house of Israel; Is it not for you to know judgment? 2Who hate the good, and love the evil; who pluck off their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones; 3Who also eat the flesh of my people, and flay their skin from off them; and they break their bones, and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the caldron.

• Administrators

Quote:
Are we too quick in our pride to claim that feminism has no organic connection with the NAD push to ordain women? I think so!

feminism is fairly recent in earths history as we know it today.

but women in ministry has been around a long time. i can just imagine eve telling her story of Eden and the glories of walking with God, and how it was lost and hoping each of her children would choose to serve the living God.

And Adam weeping with her as they remember and teach and living Godly lives.

and i can see people angry and blaming them for their sin, and using that as an excuse to multiply sin.

then i imagine people who chose to be humble and live only for God's glory.

men and women side by side equally responsible to teach and lead others to know God, holding each other in the right path when they would stray, through the ages.

now when feminist have mad their strikes, anti feminist want to squelch women in leadership in God's name. very interesting we now have this the work of the enemy to suppress workers who would raise the standard in prayer.

action reaction is the way of politics and has been for some time.

deb

Love awakens love.