ClubAdventist is back!

24/10

cricket

The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life.

Intended to be nothing more than a visual aid, this poll reminds us of our ever pressing need for a Savior.

Briefly analyzing: everyone responding to this poll has experienced coveting something (or someone) in the past 24 hours. An interesting thought, coveting is the sin that initiated in Lucifer--he coveted the position of God.

I know James tells us to "confess our sins one to another" but in all kindness, I am not sure this is what it means. When we talk about our failures with sin it seems to discourage others and removes our focus from the victory Christ would have for us.

Instead of talking about the Commandments we have broken in the last few days, I would rather talk about the ones I have been tempted to break and experienced victory.

Some time ago I noticed how often I am tempted to tell little lies to get others (subcontractors) to do what they should be doing. Too often I have said the lie before I even thought about it. So now I pray for the Holy Spirit to convict me of the sin before I commit it so I can claim the victory that Jesus makes possible.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:

I know James tells us to "confess our sins one to another" but in all kindness, I am not sure this is what it means.

This certainly is NOT what James asks us to do. This has nothing to do with confession. It is a visual aid. It is a "stop and think" aid.

It is amazing to see how often we sin--even the "little white lie" is something for which Jesus died.

Without stopping to think, these "little white lies (sins)" go unnoticed. Without notice, they occur more and more.

Praise be to God that those who do notice, seek Him for help before it happens!

Quote:

Shane said:

"confess our sins one to another"

The ability to admit that one has fallen short, sinned against God, without embellishment or cover-up, is the best way to enable others to see we all meet at the same level when claiming the gift of life, freely granted to the undeserving. That level is at the feet of Jesus in humble contrition, and nowhere else do His disciples look at each other as equals before God.

[:"red"] "But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law." [/] James 2:9-11 KJV

This one principle followed also allows us to see the ten commandments as a revelation of the wholeness of God our Father. We cannot strike a blow at any part of His authority without damaging our estimate of His image in its' entirety, and making it impossible to reveal His wholeness (holiness) to others.

It is one reason why we each need the cleansing of the blood of Jesus so desperately, for our sake as well as for everyone else's.

[:"red"] "If you greet only the people you like, are you doing any more than others? The people who do not know God do that much. You must be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect." [/] Matt 5:47,48

[:"red"] "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." [/] 1 John 1:9 KJV

DOVE.gif

No confession, no cleansing, no perfection.

Keep the faith!

Lift Jesus up!!