ClubAdventist is back!

Prayers for my family

Ted Oplinger

This morning I posted elsewhere my uncle had had a stroke earlier this week, and was not expected to live a week or more.

Well, I got the phone call today that he has indeed passed on to his rest. I will miss him tremendously.

This will hit my youngest cousin the hardest, as she was Daddy's little girl, and shouldered much of the care-taking over the last 2 years.

I also found out her daughter has been in ICU for the last week - have not yet found out why.

My request is prayers for the family, and safe travel for my sister and myself in tending to the family's needs right now.

Thanks in advance, brothers and sisters!

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Moderators

Praying for your family's comfort, strength, and healing, and the knowledge of God's loving care.

LD

LD

This morning our particular body of believers celebrated the 66th anniversary of a couple who, upon further examination revealed they had just recently lost a sister to a stroke. Because of the decided difference one might feel when asked about whether the loved one had died in Christ, it was gratifying to hear them share joyously that, yes, they had died in Christ.

What might be a better approach than asking them that question that could possibly only bring a greater moment of sorrow?

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

praying for grace and for God's spirit to minister to the needs. Be Blessed as you are there for everyone.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

praying for grace and for God's spirit to minister to the needs. Be Blessed as you are there for everyone.

Thank you, Deb, for an answer so obvious, I blush to admit I hadn't thought of it.

"Plans go wrong for lack of advice;

many advisers bring success."Proverbs 15:22 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Have spoken to one of my cousins (who's more like a brother than a cousin), while my sister was talking to his younger sister, last night.

As can be expected, everyone's sad there, but they were happy in the thought that the stroke allowed them some time to adjust to the approaching death, and find closure to losing their dad. They are also relieved the stroke cut short the end stages of the Alzheimer's, which can be emotionally wrenching to watch.

Services will be on Wednesday (29 May), so I will be absent from here from Tuesday morning until probably Thursday morning.

So far, they are fairing as well as can be expected. I also heard my cousin's daughter is now out of ICU, and in stable condition.

Prayers are being answered, but we're not out of the woods yet.

Blessings and thanks to all for prayers sent!

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Members

Ted, I'm praying for you and your family, may the Lord bless each and every one of you. And safe travels.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thanks for all the prayers.

I have returned home, with a heavy heart. Saying farewell was much harder than anticipated. It was indeed a blessing to minister to my cousins during this time, but this ministry weighs much heavier on the heart.

Memories shared and fondly recalled brings with it the larger sense of loss. It will make Resurrection Morning that much sweeter that much more joyous.

Blessings, and grace, to all my brothers and sisters here.

• Administrators

I am sincerely sorry for your loss and can appreciate the difficulty in saying goodbye and remembering the good times. Yes, Resurrection Morning will be a glorious time

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Hey Ted,

May the Father of lights and the giver of all good things replace the sadness and grief of your family with joy and inner peace of the surety of the salvation that comes with falling asleep in Jesus. If the rest of your family is as amazing as you are, I'm sure you will be seeing your loved ones again! Praying for you all, brother!