ClubAdventist is back!

Covet a Part in the Work

cricket

In many cases the rubbish of the world has clogged the channels of the soul. Selfishness controls the mind and warps the character. Were the life hid with Christ in God, His service would be no drudgery. If the whole heart were consecrated to God, all would find something to do, and would covet a part in the work. They would sow beside all waters, praying and believing that the fruit would appear. The practical, God-fearing workers will be growing upward, praying in faith for grace and heavenly wisdom that they may do the work devolving upon them with cheerfulness and a willing mind. They will seek the divine rays of light that they may brighten the paths of others.{DG 16.1}

Have you found "something to do"? If not, what are you waiting for?

Too many times the devil keeps us so busy with the activities and entertainment of the world that we feel we have too much to do.

Imagine coveting part of the work. That is where I have been. I have seen churches put on socials and activities and "covetted" a position on the social committee. Well, this year I have got my wish. I haven't attended my first meeting yet but look forward to learning a lot and hopefully becoming a valued resource in the future.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Christine Wall said:

Have you found "something to do"? If not, what are you waiting for?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Excellent post Christine and most assuredly food-for-thought. However, I believe that sometimes we think we have to do the "big" things, the "publicly recognized" work when our very best testimony may be by virtue of the life we lead, and the interaction we have with all with whom we come into contact.

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Christine, you have made us think and examine our lives. If we are not doing 'something' big or small, in the Lord's work then there is something wrong. Jesus last command before returning to heaven was "Go Ye into all the world" He does not say "Go Jane and Joe" but rather, go "Ye" and that means all of us. I have a real hard time when people (including the retired) come to church week after week and just sit in the pew and do nothing. Maybe I do too much, but since I was in highschool I have had a motto and always try to live by it "Whatsoever they hand findeth to do, do it with they might."